Greyhound Lines, Inc.

Greyhound Lines, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management, worn out coaches & poor pay
Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great employees who care about each other & the customers
Cons: management who doesn't care about customers, poor pay, poor benefits
This company used to be great to work for, now there is no teamwork or cooperation with management and the employees. When an employee does something to help a customer and management doesn't approve, they are disciplined.

The coaches are falling apart and getting parts is increasingly hard. It's just written down as okay for service. The few mechanics that care are type casted as trouble makers and end up leaving

The pay is not to industry standards and with subpar benefits it makes it increasingly difficult to support your family without getting a second job.
Easy going environment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 13, 2013
Easy going environment with very flexible hours. Really desirable shifts.
Sharing travel experiences
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 3, 2013
As a Customer Service Representative, I had to work 12 hour shifts everyday, yet time was flying by.

Working at Ottawa bus terminal allowed me to meet new people and socialized with the regulars.

I had a great relationship with the Bus drivers, the security guard, the tickets agents and the passengers.

I was always on the move, there is always something to do, someone to talk to and even time do some paper works.
challenging multitasking
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), ottawFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: i could travel anywhere in canada for free
Cons: i worked 12 hours a day
working at greyhound as built me to overcome many challenges in every aspect of a work placce. my day was about answering all inquiries on departures and arrivals. I had to be available for all complaints tracking lost luggages, mark down every delayed departures, I was reponsible of preboarding un-accompanied children and taking care of their arrivals.
the hardest part of the job was the multitasking but I have learned to take control of every situation in a calm matter. I have learn to overcome every objection I have learn how to deal with 5 different situations at the same time.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the floor support and the staff
Lots of experience from it
Service Person (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: far away
i gained alot from working there. for instance, my work ethics improved and my social skills became better.
An easy job that goes nowhere
Freight Handler (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 13, 2012
Pros: free coffee, good co-workers, easy work
Cons: no promotions, low wages
I ship and recieve the freight and transfer lugage off the busses as well as clean and maintain the building and outside perimiter.
I've learned alot about the geography of Canada this way. I have also learned much about cleaning up after human traffic. My management
is a huge inspiration to leave Greyhound. I have great co-workers, knowlegable and helpful. The most challenging part of the job is haveing patience for the public. The best part of the job is the satisfaction of getting something done.
Fun place,
Tracing Dept,Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, AB.March 1, 2012
Pros: mgmt buys pizzas, pot luck days one or two times a month, cake is bought for employees on birthday.
Cons: none.
Greyhound Cda is a very fast pace company,clean, friendly people to work for.I answer about 50 to 60 calls a day dealing with variety of people.Tracing lost freight,luggage,one on one with customers,helping Sales Dept.helping Couriers Drivers with there deliveries,work with Dispatch.

Greyhound Lines, Inc. Photos