Greyhound Lines, Inc.

Greyhound Lines, Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy going environment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 13, 2013
Easy going environment with very flexible hours. Really desirable shifts.
Sharing travel experiences
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 3, 2013
As a Customer Service Representative, I had to work 12 hour shifts everyday, yet time was flying by.

Working at Ottawa bus terminal allowed me to meet new people and socialized with the regulars.

I had a great relationship with the Bus drivers, the security guard, the tickets agents and the passengers.

I was always on the move, there is always something – more... to do, someone to talk to and even time do some paper works. – less
challenging multitasking
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), ottawFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: i could travel anywhere in canada for free
Cons: i worked 12 hours a day
working at greyhound as built me to overcome many challenges in every aspect of a work placce. my day was about answering all inquiries on departures and arrivals. I had to be available for all complaints tracking lost luggages, mark down every delayed departures, I was reponsible of preboarding un-accompanied children and taking care of their arrivals.
the – more... hardest part of the job was the multitasking but I have learned to take control of every situation in a calm matter. I have learn to overcome every objection I have learn how to deal with 5 different situations at the same time.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the floor support and the staff – less
Lots of experience from it
Service Person (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: far away
i gained alot from working there. for instance, my work ethics improved and my social skills became better.
An easy job that goes nowhere
Freight Handler (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 13, 2012
Pros: free coffee, good co-workers, easy work
Cons: no promotions, low wages
I ship and recieve the freight and transfer lugage off the busses as well as clean and maintain the building and outside perimiter.
I've learned alot about the geography of Canada this way. I have also learned much about cleaning up after human traffic. My management
is a huge inspiration to leave Greyhound. I have great co-workers, knowlegable and – more... helpful. The most challenging part of the job is haveing patience for the public. The best part of the job is the satisfaction of getting something done. – less
always something new to look foward too
Ticket Agent/Customer Service Relation (Former Employee), dallasdtxMay 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working here I meet a lot of great people
it was very interesting in I loved being apart of the greyhound family
Greyhound Good to work for
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2014
Very busy but a rewarding job. Friendly people to work with i met many people from different parts of the world who traveled to NY
Customer Service Oriented
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: discount meals and free travel bus passes
Cons: security
I learned how to work with others, and handle stressful situations and to ask for help when needed.
Over worked & underpaid
Customer Service Supervisor/Administration (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2014
Pros: like a big family
Cons: underpaid
Great people to work with, when its busy its busy and when its slow its slow, dont pay employee's enough
Not challenging
Bar Supervisor (Current Employee), Horley, ENGApril 9, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Cons: no progression
I need to be stimulated in a job and I feel there were no challenges and I wasn't given an chance to progress which was what I really wanted to do.
Good company
Coach Operator (Bus Driver) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2014
Eastern states are better to work in as the better buses are used there due to the greater competition.
a typical day at greyhound
Ticket Agent (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch at the monthly safety meeting
Cons: management, a lot of unhappy passenger complaints
Come into work, the ticket counter has been closed for 3 hours by management. There is a long line of angry passengers demanding to get a free food voucher and refund because there bus is a hour or more late. Management has not dealt with the issue and expect the ticket agents to take care of those problems. After that has been solved and next thing – more... is dealing with people that have tickets but failed to show up on the right day, and want to go that day instead. After explaining the new policy, the tickets are no good, passed the departing dated, and then needing to call security because you have extremely mad people throwing things of the counter and yelling at you. After that is done, you need to make a boarding call for the buses departing, and that time you get some people to the counter not understanding departure or westbound for example. Then you have to explain westbound means the bus is going west and which cities are to the west. After that you run over to the restrooms and clean them real quick before you get a line of people. This is repeated couple times through the shift until it's time to go home, but at that time the management wants you to stay later for a late bus. – less
n/a
Driver (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: largest bus company in america
Cons: always on the road
great company for someone starting out as a bus driver
I learned how to read a map
management is top of the line
co workers are generally older seasoned guys
Exciting and adventure
Cabin attendent (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: allowance, free soft drinks and coffee
Cons: long hours, working on the weekends and on public holidays
I enjoyed working as a cabin attendent because I got learn about grooming and how to have emotional intelligence. A typical day at work was to interact with passengers, serve them and check up on them on a regular bases. My co-workers were supportive people, we always motivated each other and most of us were hard works.

The hardest part of the job – more... was working long hours and sometimes in poor working conditions it was really hard in staying focused and concentrated but I always thought of my future and encouraged myself that one day things will be better.

The most enjoyable part was working harmoniously with my fellow team members, giving each other constructive criticism, educating one another when a member showed a lack of knowledge or information and what I also enjoyed was getting to know my co-workers and strengthening each other. – less
Clerical Officer/Factory Operative
Clerical Officer/Factory Operative (Former Employee), Barnsley, ENGJanuary 16, 2014
• Carried out book keeping duties
• Filed documents in alphabetical order
• Answered the telephone in a polite and professional manner
• Helped with the factory at busy times
• Parcelled products ready for dispatch
All night FUN!
Dispatcher II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2013
Pros: can travel for free
Cons: need more in pay
A company that will train in every aspect of the business.
Money was pretty good, but the people was great.
New adventure everyday
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2013
Pros: free travel
Cons: healthcare
Needs new management and better customer service and they treat some of the passengers bad
nice bar
DJ/Host (Former Employee), londonNovember 7, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: poor management
one of the most work int social bars to work in great customers and good co workers
fun work place.
Coach Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 6, 2013
Pros: some free lunch
Cons: a very good gob allaround.
some stress but I liked the gob I learned how to drive a bus and driving skills. good workers. Getting up late at night to go to work. being my own boss on the road.
Very cool place to work for.
Receptionist Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 24, 2013
Very nice place to network and very hard working people.Team players.

1 2 3