Greyhound Canada

Greyhound Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing management
Customer Service (Current Employee), Langley, BCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: very easy going, relaxed.
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work consists of helping customers with shipping and receiving their packages,selling tickets for bus trips, answering any questions customers have either by phone or in person. Extra duties like taking out garbage's when needed, also maintaining a clean lobby floor and windows. This company has taught me a lot about different customer – more... service skills, the importance of a good work environment and who you working with. The management team at the Langley Greyhound is amazing.They are understanding, and helpful. Hardest part about the job is some of the heavier packages that come through over 50 lbs. The most enjoyable part about the job was the laid back atmosphere. – less
Easily the worst company I've ever worked for.
Parts (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 26, 2014
Pros: easy to get hired.
Cons: horrible management, way below comparative wages, low morale, useless union representation
My four biggest complaints are as follows:

1) Lowest pay in the industry. Heavy duty mechanics make at least 7$ an hour less than the industy average. Parts people make at least 10$ below the average.

2) Zero room for advancement. They will not sign blue books for mechanic or heavy duty. So if you get hired on thats the position you will have forever. – more... Which, in my opinon, coupled with the low pay, should leave someone with zero incentive to stay with the company.

3) Horrible management and horrible union representation. Do not trust the management or the union representation. The union rep has zero issue with discussing any issues you have with everyone else in the building and consistantly uses his position as a bullying platform. Management are beyond reproach. They are insulting, condesending, racists and sexist. That's just the management in Edmonton, let alone dealing with the American side of it which is another issue.

4) Morale. I have never seen a work environment with morale this bad. It is consistantly one of the "big ticket" issues that people complain about. There are zero staff parties, zero functions for children and the management seems to enforce segregation between departements. As soon as you walk into the garage, you can feel the negativity in the air.

My only advice is, unless you are desperate for employment, do NOT work for Greyhound. If you are desperate for employment and must take the job, do not stop handing out resumes. You will find something better in time, do not give up. – less
steady busy place to work
Freight Assistant/Driver (Former Employee), Whitecourt, ABAugust 11, 2014
Pros: meet new customers
Cons: split shifts
co-workers were great to work with
shift work for morning shift
Calling to let customers know they had pkgs in
delivered and picked up packages
Bus passes, parcel pick up and send out
Bookkeeping end of day balancing
Productive and fun
Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2014
Everyday is just another typical day at work. I've learned a lot about my co workers and how the business works. I've managed to build and fit myself in with any situation or work habit needed around the workplace. The hardest part of the job would be absolutely nothing; everything is what I've either experienced or know how to do on the spot. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job would be working with the tools and equipment to serve for the purpose of the company. – less
Productive and fun workplace with basketball
baggage handler (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Baggage handler Tells you about what do to your bags and he tells you about Jesus
Job was ok. Was fortunate to have great subordinates.
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaDecember 17, 2013
Started out as a great experience. Turned out to be a "family click" type place. Lots of longevity. Could have filmed a soap opera there.
Lifetime Career
Dock Loader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2013
Pros: routine days
Cons: lack of hours
Working at Greyhound requires a Quick & Flexible person, Strong but also having a Adaptable memory.
Poor morale no support from Management
Serviceman/Driver (Former Employee), British ColumbiaJuly 4, 2013
Pros: no staff parties or get togethers, not even a xmas card.
Cons: long times away from home with no pay or meals
The worst management and poorest morale of any place I have ever worked. No support in matters of health and safety and the equipment is poortly maintained. Safety is not a priority nor is employee appreciation.
Long days, long nights, and now weekends
Coach Operator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 18, 2013
Pros: free bus rides
Cons: free bus rides
As a driver I was on call for three years 365 days of the year. They can and will take you cool places some you might otherwise never see. The night drives are tough but well worth the experience.
Favourable shifts, busy atmosphere, never the same.
Coach Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 5, 2012
Pros: good shifts, good work life balance
Cons: very little training, very long hours at work.
Very independant work.
Become very quick with diagnosis, quickly seperate safety from needs.
Co-workers understanding and work as a team.
Constant new challenges.
Customer satisfaction, and Safety. Because we are all Customers!
Greyhound Sucks
Motor coach Operator (Former Employee), Toronto ontarioOctober 19, 2012
I wouldn't go back to work there. I feel they discriminate and they don't treat there employee's fair.
Provided a great customer service atmosphere.
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: excellent career for a people person, job security
Cons: non structured environment
Great place to work with many areas for advancement, however, requires more managorial structure. Provides employees with many opportunities in dealing with the general public and developing great interpersonal skills to bulid rapport with clients.