Greif Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Old factories, too much travel
Electrical Project Engineer (Former Employee), Florence, KYFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Variety of plants, personnel, opportunities.
Cons: >90% travel, demanding production schedules to try and work around, personalities.
Corporation had a pattern of buying older companies and converting to container manufacturing without spending necessary capital for reliable equipment. Instead, would send in my group to 'band-aid' or just get equipment to work.
Days could be hectic
Production Associate (Former Employee), Bradley, ILOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Time off
Cons: Everything else
It was a nice job. The schedule was fantastic, but the job itself could become a mental headache just do to the fact that no one the floor has a set position besides the shift leader.
Bad place
BLOW MOLDER ASSISTANT, HOUSE KEEPING, LOAD TRUCKS (Former Employee), Alsip, ILOctober 5, 2015
Cons: one lunch break and two breaks
Nice team to work with but the management is bad. They work the temps for 90 days then let them go. A typical day were working and the co-workers were nice and friendly they were the most impact of me trying to get hired and I thought it would of been a nice place to fit in.
Daily challenges
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Florence, KYDecember 31, 2014
Cons: no adminestration assistance on numerous issues
Going over the daily production schedule before the start of the shift, Overseeing production needs and demands for customer needs, overseeing shipping and all shipping issues with shipping as well as repairs on trailers ready for shipment. dealing with daily production issues directing maintenance for repairs in all production needs.
keeping time logs for attendance as well as data entry on daily production reports. maintaining a safe work practice.
Great people
Commercial Business Coordinator (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILDecember 7, 2014
I had a lot of fun working with the people in this company & learned a great deal.
Great group of people, good company
Vice President, Global Communications (Former Employee), Delaware, OhioAugust 29, 2014
Greif has been a great place to work. The Greif Way is observed in most places around the world.
The economic downturn created a continuing drag on earnings and some strategy missteps contributed to some stress within the company, but overall, it is a decent place to work.
Really great company to work for and learn things daily.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2014
Get in early and take care of the office professionals.
Proficient with several software applications including MS Excel, MS Words, MS Outlook and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Windows XP, Outlook, WordPerfect, Adobe Photoshop, Lotus and CorelDraw. Processing at 65+ words per minute. Familiar with various types of office equipment including overhead projectors, scanners, copiers and fax machines.

Excellent people skills, strong interpersonal and organization skills. Great experience developing and implementing a variety of corporate programs for the previous job locations, as well as for manufacturing. Strong work ethics, dependable and honest. Very good doing detailed projects. Great self-started, able to multi-task, work independently well; also, work great as part of a team. Experienced in writing and displaying presentations for meetings. Knowledge in the Perishable food industry for over 10 years; Creative food stylist, innovative catering skills. Several years experience with Merchandising Furniture, Case Goods and Accessories.
all employees are like your extended family
metal parts (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: a stable work place
Cons: lacking in good health care benefits
will it is harder and harder to work there, do to combinging jobs etc. they pay is good and emplyees are good to each other and generally care for one and another. thus making up forother short coming.i truly enjoyed working there, I made many friends..overall I have nothing to complain about and enjoyed working there
great place
Administration Clerk (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAApril 21, 2014
While working here I helped do some filing and organization the work place. I also answered the phones, enter data into the computer, made copies, and sent faxes. The management and co-workers here are great to work with.
good job
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2014
I really enjoyed the environment at this job. This job was very easy to learn and overall was a good company to work for.
Great Company
Regional Manager - EHS (Former Employee), Delaware, OHOctober 31, 2013
Great values, great company. Wonderful people to work with.
productive workplace
production operative (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGAugust 19, 2013
a typical days work was on a preduction line putting oil drums onto pallets and sending them the shrink wrap machine the management was ok my co-workers was friendly people the hardest part of the job the physical demand of working long hours and the most enjoyable part of the job was been able hit the targets set by the company
they sold out on us
Forkleft Oper. / Press operator / Laborer (Former Employee), 1670 matzinger rd.May 22, 2013
the company sold out on us,was a good place to work while it was in operation
i was a long service operator who completed 31 years service with greif and it`s prredessor van leer going through a variety of jobs within the compan
operator (Former Employee), hullJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: the occasional long weekend
Cons: long hours
fhe system of annualised hours w ith a maximum working day of 11hours and a maximum 48 hr week together with staff shortages made3 for a very poor work life balance.
Manufacturing plant
Production Laborer (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYJanuary 6, 2013
A typical union run manufacturing plant. As a union member, as long as you did your work, you were treated pretty fairly.
Corrugated Division
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2012
Great company to work for as well. Leadership strong, many years of tenure. Need more technically advanced machinery in the corrugated operations of the business. Great work/life balance.
Greif, Inc.
Inventory/Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Alsip, IlNovember 13, 2012
Pros: people
I started out in Accounts Receivables, posting payments, balancing receivable, sales and general ledger.
I then was promoted to Inventory and Purchasing Manager. My duties included everything from receiving, shipping, cycle counts, purchasing, back customer service and was the super user for the plant. I did all the training and wrote multiple procedures and put them in place. I enjoyed my job at Greif.
Great company outstanding business plan
Acting Plant Manager (Former Employee), Canton, MSAugust 9, 2012
Pros: great teams
Cons: not many
Greif rocked..I hated that they closed my plant but it was agood business Move
Great place to work, great people
General Manager Argentina Chile and Uruguay (Current Employee), Buenos Aires, ArgentinaJuly 7, 2012
Pros: great people, politics are set aside
Cons: few consistent process, lack of strong succession planning
This place excels at their values and culture. Lacks resources
II level User Support Technician
User Support Technician (Former Employee), Delaware, OHApril 25, 2012
Pros: holiday bonuses and work community events
Troubleshooting and escalation of helpdesk tickets from inbound calls.
Wiped data from PCs and servers prior to shipping to the vendor or redeploying to the customer.
Shipping of re-imaged and repaired PCs. Scheduling appointments for data migrations. Reset Baan, Kronos, Network, Onbase, and PeopleSoft passwords. Enterprise activation for company Blackberries. Assemble and distribute user training packets. Worked as a tester for deactivation audit 2006, 2007