Pastor for Student & Young Adult Ministry
Gregory Drive Alliance Church (GDAC) is situated in the north end of the city of Chatham (Pop. 43,000), which is the urban centre of the largely rural Municipality of Chatham-Kent (Pop. 110,000), in S-W Ontario. It is equidistant between the cities of London and Windsor. GDAC is an established congregation with an average Sunday Service attendance of 350, a growing and vibrant children’s ministry, interactive Jnr/Snr High ministry, and a variety of adult and small group opportunities to grow in the Word, as well as serve the church body, and bless the community at large.
Further information may be found on the church website www.gregorydrive.com
We are currently seeking to fill a full-time pastoral position with responsibilities for overseeing all aspects of our student and young adult ministries. The successful candidate will be responsible for Junior and Senior High programs (Grades 7-12), as well as planning, administering, and delivering a relevant ministry for young adults. Additional responsibilities, centered on gifting, may include worship leadership, periodic preaching, and other opportunities to enhance personal ministry development.
The Student and Young Adult Ministries Pastor will bring vision, creativity, and innovation to these specific areas of ministry. The ideal candidate will be mature in Christian character, committed to biblical doctrine, and able to work in a team environment. He will have strong administrative, interpersonal and communication skills to equip and inspire both lay leaders, parents, and young adults, as well as a passion to see youth and young adults come to faith in Christ and grow into devoted disciples.
Current GDAC Student / Young Adult Ministries
- Junior High Youth Ministry
- Senior High Youth Ministry
- Youth Sunday School
- Youth Bible Quizzing Ministry
- Young Adult Ministry Ministry (new)
The ideal candidate should be able to evidence the following qualifications...
Spiritual Life Formation Qualifications
- A committed and growing relationship with the Jesus Christ.
- A passion to reach and disciple teens and young adults for Christ.
- Giftedness in the areas of leadership, mentoring, equipping, and teaching.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Preferably, a relevant degree from a Bible College or University.
- Previous experience working with teens, young adults, and/or families.
- Previous experience recruiting, training, equipping, and leading volunteers.
- Previous relevant ministry leadership experience.
General Vocational Qualifications
- A pastoral philosophy of evangelism, equipping and discipling.
- Strong teaching skills combined with a love for God’s word.
- A pastoral heart and relational style of leadership and ministry.
- An ability to communicate with parents and come along side families, especially in times of crisis.
- A self-starter and able to work without direct supervision.
- A commitment to a ‘team approach’ to ministry.
- A willingness to pursue further education and training, including Ordination (if needed).
- A willingness to perform other duties and assignments as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Ensure that the student and young adult ministries are functioning in an effective manner.
- Recruit, equip, and mobilize a ministry team of lay leaders for student ministries.
- Follow through with the established volunteer screening process (Plan to Protect).
- Submit an annual ministry budget to the Finance Committee.
- Give stewardship to the student ministries budget expenditures.
- Oversee fund-raising efforts for student ministries events, and missions’ trips.
- Develop well-balanced biblical instruction for the spiritual growth of students, assuming the primary role as teacher, as well as providing teaching opportunities to other qualified leaders.
- Develop, promote and coordinate a balanced program of activities for worship, discipleship, service, outreach, and fellowship, as well as leadership development for all students.
- Ensure that competent adult leadership is available, not only to supervise, but to build relationships at all youth events.
- Be available for biblical counseling to students and their families.
- Provide periodic retreat opportunities for both Junior and Senior High students, including participation in District/National C&MA events, as appropriate.
- Lead annual ‘glocal’ youth missions trips, preferably in support of overseas C&MA youth projects.
- Attend local student functions, as appropriate, at Junior / High School, and home school events.
- Cooperate with other local evangelical youth groups, as appropriate.
- Develop a program designed to equip Junior and Senior High students and student ministries volunteers, to do the work of the ministry.
- Provide opportunities for the training and discipling of youth and young adult leaders.
- Provide opportunities for youth and young adult students to develop leadership skills and ministry experience.
Youth Bible Quizzing Program (leaders already in place)
- Overseeing and being responsible for the line-management of the Youth Quizzing Program.
- Working together with the Pastor for Children’s Ministry in the transitioning of children into the Junior High program.
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Keeping the Senior Pastor and Staff informed of emergent situations.
- Providing a monthly ministry report for Elder Board meetings, attending as requested.
- Instructing youth interested in believers’ baptism, and performing such baptisms.
- Providing periodic Sunday morning preaching, at the discretion of the Senior Pastor.
- Other general pastoral responsibilities as shared by the staff team.
Probationary Period / Remuneration
- Employment begins with a 90 day probationary period. Towards the end of that period, an evaluation by the Senior Pastor and Elders Board will determine future employment.
- Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience, within Denominational guidelines.
Reports to the Elders Board via the Senior Pastor.
Indeed - 14 months ago