Summary of Function: Greenwin Inc. is looking for a Property Manager in the GTA Region. The Property Manager will be responsible for the professional management and administration of the residential rental properties currently under the management jurisdiction of the Corporation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise, coordinate, provide leadership to and review the work of assigned staff
- Evaluate and recommend changes in methods and procedures in assigned area of responsibility
- Knowledge of all governing legislation including, without limitation, Tenant Protection Act, Labour Relations Act, Fire Code and Occupational Health & Safety Act, and developing emergency maintenance and emergency evacuation procedures
- Administer the activities of the assigned properties in accordance with contractual requirements, including determining, establishing and implementing effective operating procedures
- Work with the Marketing team and site administrator to ensure the continuity of acceptable tenant occupancy of all units
- Maintain an effective system of rent collection and cash security and institute and attend at legal and collection agency proceedings when necessary
- Communicate and deal directly with tenants on matters concerning the company as agents for the landlord and provide the views of tenant families to management with appropriate recommendations, including the review of improving and modernizing the properties
- Conduct necessary arrangements with public utility and other municipal bodies
- Review, on a continuing basis, the desirability of improving and modernizing the properties and lands, making appropriate recommendations
- Maintain occupancy and rental income levels at all properties while maintaining a high level of resident satisfaction and public relations at all properties
- Ensure the efficient maintenance and repair of properties.
- Perform detailed building inspections on a quarterly basis and provide follow-up and completion when required for all deficiencies listed
- Participate in the timely preparation of adequate budgets and operating properties as effectively as possible
- Ensure all forms and reports are developed and maintained
- Certificate, diploma or enrollment in any of the property management certificate or accreditation courses such as C.P.M., I.H.M., R.P.A. etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Property Management environment, preferably in residential
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel, with the ability to read financial statements and have a solid understanding of budgets
- Desire to work with people and the ability to remain customer focused in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent problem solving abilities and the ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance not only to the task at hand but to the overall goals of Greenwin
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, delegate and assume responsibility for actions and decisions made
- Proven leadership skills - the ability to remain positive and motivated in a challenging environment and to set an example to other team members
- Strong work ethic and commitment to Greenwin, which may entail overtime and ability to work flexible hours
- Diplomatic, especially while dealing with all clients (owners and residents) and ability to look at all the facts and make informed decisions
- Excellent listening skills and ability to treat others fairly and consistently
Greenwin is one of Canada's largest privately owned residential property management companies. Headquartered in Toronto, our company has a...