Locally owned Real Estate Development and Property Management company is looking for a full time Bookkeeper. The Bookkeeper will maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, processes payroll, carry out banking, personal bookkeeping services and prepare complete sets of books up to and including financial statements.
The Bookkeeper role will also support back office property management activities (rent collection, bill payments, correspondence etc) and provide administrative support in the office.
- Sets up and maintains financial records in Simply Accounting and Excel
- Posts journal entries and reconciles accounts, prepares financials statements and maintains
- Calculates and prepares all personal and company cheques for invoices, government
remittances as well as other expenditures.
- Prepares other statistical, financial and accounting reports as required.
- All bookkeeping duties up to the year-end schedules
- Works with auditors on company year-ends and HST and other related accounting duties.
- Responsible for the administration of mortgages
- Work with various banking personnel and use online bank systems.
- Responsible for managing monthly rents
- Handles small property issues, supports property listings/marketing/inquiries, arranges trades
for repairs etc.
- Books appointments, travel arrangements as required
- Accounting related education and/or a combination of education and work experience
- Analytical, excellent with numbers
- Experience in doing accounting books for small to medium companies (ideally within property
management/real estate type company)
- Experience in working with highly confidential/sensitive information
- Strong background with Simply Accounting software
- Strong experience with Journal Entries, A/P, A/R, Trial Balance, General Ledger, and financial
- Strong experience with MS Excel
- Intermediate experience with MS Office: Word, Outlook, and Internet
- Very good communication skills (verbal, written) with good phone manner
Compensation – will be based on work experience.