Warehouse Manager (Cambridge)
Are you looking for an exciting and fun place to come to work each day? Are you an energetic and eager individual who is looking for a great opportunity?
Greenstar Plant Products Inc. (formerly Manchester Products) is a Cambridge based supplier of a variety of quality lawn and garden products as well as a distributor of pet products, and we have an immediate opening for a responsible and dependable individual to manage our warehouse facility, located in Cambridge.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the day to day distribution operations related to the receiving, storing, packing, shipping, Inventory Control, warehouse maintenance and overall warehouse efficiencies. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent supervises associates to achieve team key performance objectives, while maintaining safe practices.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare work schedules to ensure the workflow meets or exceeds Greenstar's customer needs
- Accountability to coordinate and scheduled multiple work shifts as required to keep up with high volume seasonal periods
- Ensuring the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment
- Maintaining a clean work area and free of all safety hazards at all times
- Coordinates the day to day shipping & distribution functions
- Ability to understand business workload fluctuations and asses' resources needs proactively
- Continuously improves operations to maximize operational efficiency and customer service
- Follow Hazardous Waste, General Waste and Recycled Waste management and Disposal procedures
- Supports Safety, health and Environmental by complying with Company policies and procedures regarding safety and employee conduct
- Carriers and couriers management and consistent evaluation to guarantee best costs and Customer service
- Overall knowledge of warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Schedule necessary cycle counts and inventory control processes.
- Managing in-house damage and returns process in conjunction with western operation.
- On-site and off-site support during corporate events' set-up and take-down, i.e. tradeshows
- Provide customer service support as required
- Developing and maintaining a productive work team by assisting in hiring, training and staff development as well as identify process improvements.
- Works with the Operations Manager and Human Resources to develop and sustain a highly motivated and engaged skilled work force.
- Ensure all warehouse KPIs are met or exceeded
- At least 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Warehouse Management (WMS) experience preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in Lift truck driving such as stand alone units, guided order pickers etc.
- Valid warehouse equipment license
- Must have ability to remain flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Previous 3PL experience is an asset.
- Proven leadership ability, willingness to get your hands dirty and groom employees for career advancement
- Experience working with domestic and international small package carriers and air/ocean freight forwarders is desirable as is knowledge of basic U.S. Customs documentation and clearance
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to the attention of our HR Manager. Please reference "Warehouse Manager" in subject line.
We would like to sincerely thank all that apply, however only those candidates who meet all of the above criteria will be considered.