Outside Sales Rep – Pet Products / Accessories
GTA & Niagara Peninsula
Are you tired of the ho-hum of your current job situation? Are you looking for a change that will allow you to expand on your existing skill set while offering possibilities of growth and advancement? If so, we are looking for you to join the Greenstar Team!
Greenstar Plant Products Inc. is a Cambridge based supplier of a variety of quality lawn and garden products, as well as a pet products distributor, and we have an immediate opening for an experienced and energetic Territory Sales Rep to join our Pet Supplies team!
Reporting to the National Pet Sales Manager of Pet Products division, this position is responsible for: managing all aspects of an assigned sales territory; promoting all the company’s products to a retail pet products / supplies network; and providing exceptional customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing Outside Sales for the Western GTA and Niagara Peninsula
- Development & maintenance of the retailer network (promotion of products, POS material, retailer education, merchandising & related functions).
- Maintaining focus to ensure sales and profits are maximized at retail by identifying opportunities, implementing solutions, and prospecting new business.
- Motivating retail customers to sell and promote Manchester Pet Supplies product lines to the end user.
- Ensuring customers are aware of Manchester Pet Supplies / Greenstar’s procedures, policies (shipping, returns, credits, and other policies impacting customers).
- Maintaining all reporting requirements relevant to the position.
- Working closely with other departments, including Customer Service, to provide all customers with superior service.
- Ensuring that current and potential customers receive the best service possible.
- Developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with other departments within company.
- Developing new accounts, growing existing accounts and reinstating dormant accounts.
- Representing the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Strict adherence to Corporate and Departmental Policies & Procedures.
- Work with National Pet Sales Manager regarding ie: New products, market evaluations, competitive intelligence.
- Makes suggestions ie: improving inventory, industry intelligence.
- Accountability for Territory budget.
- Training programs as required.
To be successful in this role you will have a minimum of 3 years of relevant sales experience. You are a self-starter and capable of demonstrating strong initiative and drive, all with a positive “can-do” attitude. You have excellent planning, organization, communication and interpersonal skills. You possess good computer skills (MS OFFICE – Word, Excel, Power Point) and have the ability to travel, as required.
- A background in pet nutrition and accessories would be beneficial.
- Experience in the Pet Food Industry would be considered an asset.
- Company blackberry and Vehicle provided. Driver must consent to provide a Driver’s Abstract on annual basis.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations via email to the attention of our HR Manager.
Who we are
Greenstar Plant Products, Inc: is, fundamentally, a green technology company. We provide innovative and practical lawn and...