Merchandise Associate/Junior Buyer
Here we GROW again………Greenstar Plant Products Inc. is a full line distributor of products to the independent Horticultural and Pet retail markets across Canada. We are seeking an individual to assist with our listing replenishment, sourcing, and marketing of our wholesale merchandise assortment. This is a developmental position with potential for future growth.
The Merchandise Associate will work within the purchasing department to help ensure our information and systems are up to date and current. This person will also be part of the replenishment, planning, promotional & sourcing process for the company.
- Setup and maintenance of product assortment data
- Producing & developing promotional pricelists & marketing input
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors. Interacts with the vendor community within Greenstar’s standards and codes of ethics
- Develop working knowledge of merchant processes and systems
- Retail math literacy and varied application to individual assortments
- Monitors performance against promotional plans
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Medium to advanced ability in MS Excel, Word, Access.
- Experience with an Inventory/ Planning management system (ERP)
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently.
- Self motivating with strong work ethic.
- Post secondary education in a business discipline or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years prior buying/forecasting/market analysis experience
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to the attention of our Human Resources.
Thank you to all who apply, however only those candidates that meet all of the above criteria will be considered.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Who we are
Greenstar Plant Products, Inc: is, fundamentally, a green technology company. We provide innovative and practical lawn and...