Who we are:
Greenstar Plant Products, Inc: is, fundamentally, a green technology company. We provide innovative and practical lawn and garden solutions that enable better results - without sacrificing the environment. Whether you're growing for your own pleasure or for profit, our products are essential for improving plant quality and achieving maximum yields and beauty.
Greenstar is a 100% Canadian-owned Company. We are a preferred supplier to retail indoor and outdoor garden centres, organic farms, greenhouses, nurseries, municipalities, vineyards and landscapers.
To support our aggressive growth with the recent acquisition of Manchester Products, we are seeking an Assistant Controller to join our Head Office in Langley, BC.
Please note that this is a 7 month contract with possibility of transferring to a permanent role at the end of the contract.
Reporting to the VP Finance and Admin, this position is responsible for:
1. Month-end Financial Reporting
2. Assist with the preparation of Working Papers and Financial Statements
3. General Ledger Maintenance
4. Performs ad hoc analysis and reporting
5. Bank Accounts Reconciliation
6. Any other accounting jobs / duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications / Skillset:
- Holds a recognized Accounting Designation (CA, CGA or CMA; or at completion of 4th level CGA/CMA program)
- Minimum 3 years previous similar level experience in accounting
- Excellent computer skills with accounting and MS Office software
- Advanced level of Excel skills.
- Demonstrates clear logic and understanding of reconciliation between GL and Sub-Ledger.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively autonomously and as a team member
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail with strong technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic personality with an ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills for effective problem resolution
To apply, please forward CV, cover letter and salary expectations via email to the attention of our HR Manager.
We want to thank all who apply, but please note that only those who meet all of the above requirements and criteria will be contacted for further consideration. Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond and reply to each candidate individually about the status of their application.