Technical Understanding and Know-how - through academic work and career experience
1. Professional and Interpersonal
2. Ability to adapt to and learn new client’s Business
3. Inherently inquisitive and driven
4. Excellent communication skills
- Accountable for overall delivery of programs or projects on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Management, motivation and leadership of a project team comprised of IT and Business resources.
- Prepare all status reporting.
- Integrate technology, people, and process streams of work on a project.
- Proactive in taking the initiative and the lead for identifying and resolving issues.
- Work closely with the customer’s contacts to understand and communicate the evolution of the business to ensure accurate planning and strategizing around technology.
- Gain the confidence of the business by providing stable systems/environment, delivery with a sense of urgency and coping with business changes effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure established business processes are followed.
- Keep the appropriate people such as team members, senior management informed and up to date on the status of projects in a timely fashion.
- Provide input into annual budget process.
- Prepare budget spreadsheets.
- Manage budgets and escalate issues as required.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
-Knowledge of project management processes and the project management life cycle.
-Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Word, Excel and Project. Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn PowerPoint and Visio an additional benefit.
-Knowledge of commercial Enterprise Project Management (EPM) or Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) applications (e.g. PlanView, Clarity) is an asset.
-Exposure to one or more of IT standard development tools.
-Ability to adapt and embrace change in a fast-paced, changing environment.
-Excellent people management and leadership skills.
-Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as exceptional skills in facilitating meetings, interviewing, probing and influencing others.
-Demonstrated PM competencies: planning, budget and timeline management, scope management, risk management, timely decision making, effective team building, ability to prioritize and delegate appropriately as well as deal with changing priorities.
-Experience in supply chain, marketing or retail subject areas preferred.
-Experience in System Development Lifecycle and Project Management methodologies and the ability to apply them in a flexible manner in various situations.
-Knowledge of the retail industry is a definite asset.
A post-secondary education or equivalent work experience.