Job Title: Commercial Sales Rep
at our Cambridge Branch
Generates sales revenue by prospecting and adding new program commercial customers, as well as cross selling and upselling current commercial customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from direct mailing/advertisement, community activities, and other resources.
- Sells programs and services to present and prospective customers through means of telemarketing and traveling throughout assigned territory.
- Develops sales programs and strategies.
- Promotes customer retention and superior service through person-to-person contact and telephone calls.
- Measures lawns and conducts turf analysis.
- Quotes prices, prepares sales contracts, and obtains required approval for orders obtained.
- Maintains current and accurate records on all commercial accounts to include top fifty master account folders, master prospect list, prospect qualification forms, pricing worksheet, and on-site property analysis.
- Estimates date of service to customer, based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
- Maintains proper sales reports.
- Investigates and collects overdue balances on commercial accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
University degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or
two to three years related experience in lawn/horticulture agronomic field and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of customer service situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Customer relations Extensive local travel
Oral and written communications Follow-up
Problem solving Time management
Organization Self motivator
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please forward your resumes to Rick Garstang –
no later than noon on Friday, November 22nd, 2013.