GreenField is the leading specialty alcohols producer in Canada, with a focus on corn-based bulk industrial alcohol, packaged alcohol and fuel ethanol, as well as associated agricultural co-products. The Company has a leading market share of industrial alcohol and is also the largest ethanol producer in Canada, with an export business in grain neutral spirits.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Coordinator, installs, maintains and repairs electrical and mechanical systems, apparatus, electrical and electronic components and safety interlocks of machinery and equipment, by performing the following duties in coordination with the departments affected by the work, in an efficient, safe, environmentally conscious manner following all department and electrical codes set by the company and the government of Ontario.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, and repair industrial equipment within the plant to ensure the ongoing and reliable operation of plant equipment and systems
- Assess, report on, promote, and carry-out process improvement initiatives, specifically with regard to machine and/or system reliability and improved performance
- Maintain the preventive maintenance program, carry-out maintenance activities, and replacement or repair of defective parts, components or system performance testing
- Up-keep of maintenance and parts records using a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Evaluate condition of electrical and instrumentation devices in operation by checking calibration, listening to their sounds, verifying pressures, temperatures etc.
- Examine parts to detect imperfections prior to use of new parts, and also following use, to determine wearing tendencies and ascertain what changes may be required to extend service life
- Direct and lead contractors during plant shutdowns and at other times as needed.
- Work in a self-directed manner by managing time and tasks to complete work assigned.
- Champion and implement at least one continuous improvement activity each year.
- Champion a World Class Maintenance tool such as Infra-red thermography.
- Act as the shipper/receiver for the maintenance department as needed.
- Assist in creating PM’s for the E&I portion of plant equipment
- Assist with the setting up of job plans and the preventative maintenance program
- Input all required data and information from work orders in Maximo
- Work closely with the maintenance planner/purchaser communicating purchasing needs and other information as required
- Maintain files and records of jobs performed and equipment condition as required
- Install and connect power and control wiring and conduit for newly installed equipment such as motors, conveyors, instrumentation, etc.
- Test and diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken components
- Replace faulty electrical machine components such as relays, switches, motors, sensors, etc.
- Diagnose and repair or replace faulty electronic components such as printed circuit boards
- Plan layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings and yard
- Take part in the performance of project work as required
- Maintain files, records, line diagrams, etc. of electrical and instrumentation equipment and installations
- Reports any equipment or safety violation to his/her supervisor.
- Adheres to and fully participates in the Company’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Management System
- Perform part replacements using suggested manufactures recommendations
- High School Diploma
- Post-Secondary in a related field
- Certified electrical license (309A) from the Ontario Government (Millwright license would be an asset)
- Communicate competently both oral and written form
- Compile and interpret vast quantities of data
- Read, interpret, prepare or assist in the preparation of documents
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Clearly describe problems to co-workers, operators and contractors
- Interpret mechanical and civil drawings and sketches
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to use e-mail effectively for companywide communications
- Positive attitude
- Works well with others
- Cooperates with management team