REPORTS TO: Associate Lawyer or Partner
LOCATION: 390 Bay Street – The Heart of Downtown Toronto
ABOUT THE FIRM:
The immigration lawyers at Green and Spiegel LLP take a great deal of pride in helping Canadian businesses succeed by addressing their human resource needs and in helping families relocate to Canada. The real estate lawyers provide careful and efficient professional service to all of their clients, whether the purchaser or seller of a residential property, or the developer of a large condominium or commercial real estate project.
Providing efficient service with the utmost integrity, Green and Spiegel LLP reflects the diversity of the clients they serve and can provide services in approximately 30 languages.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN THIS ROLE!
(60%) – Processing and Support Functions
- Coordinating the Application process including evaluating Applications to identify category qualifications, researching the processes and requirements for different types of Applications.
- Preparing submission packages for both basic and complex submissions and sending to various government agencies (e.g., Service Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, etc.), and evaluating Applications.
(30%) – Client Communication
- Provide assistance in the client in-take process and respond to both basic and complex client inquiries by e-mail and/or telephone to ensure that Applications are processed and any obstacles are anticipated and dealt with.
(10%) - Office Administration
- Performing various administrative duties including, among other duties organizing and managing files including tracking dates, doing spreadsheets, photocopying/faxing submission packages.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS ROLE!
- Fast paced, high volume work environment with extremely quick application output.
- The candidate must be able to listen to and understand instructions and then carry them out with minimal supervision.
- Work is fast-paced, but not as stressful as you have started to master prioritization and time management skills.
- Requirement to work both independently and as part of a team and excel in both situations. Far less reliance on other Administrative staff and Lawyers for answers as you apply the experience and knowledge gained over several years to resolve issues.
WHAT THE FIRM HAS TO OFFER YOU!
- Tremendous learning experience
- Exposure to a fast-paced Immigration firm!
- Diverse and interesting work with lots of autonomy
- Ability to interact with a broad range of clients and stakeholders from different groups
- Opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis.
- Working in the heart of downtown Toronto
WHAT YOU SHOULD IDEALLY BRING TO THIS ROLE!
Position Specific Competencies (Behaviours):
- Conscientious and co-operative.
- Very good with detail and takes his/her duties seriously.
- Follows firm rules and directions.
- Inclined to be restless and driven.
- Will likely have a sense of urgency to get things done quickly.
- Logical, task oriented and analytical.
- Likely to think through a problem and weigh the pros and cons.
- Tends to be competitive and goal oriented.
- Trust and Integrity.
- Well Organized.
- Quality of Service.
- Client Focus/Results Oriented.
- Open and Candid Communication.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Diploma or Certificate as Paralegal, Law Clerk or Legal Assistant is required.
- Must have significant Legal Assistant experience in an Immigration Law Firm**
- Must know how to use Microsoft Office Suite of tools proficiently including Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to type 55 words per minute.
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.