Summary of Position and Duties:
We are seeking an individual with strong technical writing skills to assist us in writing environmental audit reports. The position requires the following:
- Compiling the data obtained from field work into an Excel spreadsheet;
- Analyzing our clients' water and energy consumption records;
- Researching viable eco-friendly, cost-saving options tailored to our clients' needs;
- Calculating potential cost and energy savings; and
- Making recommendations in a final report.
- A degree or diploma in environmental science, environmental engineering (or related field)
- Experience (or have an interest in acquiring experience) in conducting environmental audits
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong math skills
- Articulate with professional phone manner
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and report formatting skills
- Experience with MS Office (i.e familiar with the formatting functions in Word and creating spreadsheets and graphs in Excel)
- Must currently be unemployed
- Cannot be currently receiving Employment Insurance (EI)
- Cannot have applied for Employment Insurance (EI)
- Must have not had received EI Claim in the past 36 months or, for parental maternity claims, within the past 60 months.
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 29 and reside in BC
- Must not be a full-time student
- Eligible applicants can be on a working holiday visa; however, the visa cannot expire in 2012.
Start date: ASAP
Please note that applicants MUST meet all of the requirements listed in "Additional Qualifications". Applicants who fail to meet all of the requirements will be not be considered.