Employer: Green Standards
Position: Project Manager leading to Account Manager / Sales Executive
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Green Standards provides a corporate program focused on generating triple bottom line value through sustainable surplus asset management. This is done by finding the most economical, environmental and socially responsible disposition for corporate furniture and assets, which typically includes donation, resale and recycling. In the process, social responsibility and sustainability PR solutions are generated for clients and can be employed to engage stakeholders and serve as a valuable addition to any sustainability portfolio.
Reports to: Operations Manager
At first, a Project Manager, on a day-to-day basis, will work to gain an understanding of project procedures, including:
- Matching available assets with compatible beneficiaries
- Monitoring and controlling performance of vendors
- Working with various spreadsheets and tracking systems
- Collecting material feedback for project reporting to be delivered back to client
Once a high standard of performance and understanding is established, a Project Manager may begin to inherit greater authority and responsibility, while learning:
- Troubleshooting and brainstorming to solve problems, streamline procedures and develop systems
- Leading projects from conception to completion
- How to work with and expand our network of charities, vendors, and partners
- How projects are set up, priced, and sold to our clients
- How to build partnerships, develop business channels, create and maintain client relationships
Green Standards is looking for an individual with an outgoing personality, an ability to communicate effectively, and strong time management and organizational skills. The successful candidate is energetic, outgoing, self-motivated, a team player, and above all, willing to commit and grow with our team. Management skills and ability to develop business to business corporate sales skills are required.
Qualifications – MUST MEET ALL TO BE CONSIDERED
- Previous sales experience (working on a commission-only basis preferred)
- Previous management experience – ability to develop, train, and lead a team
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively – in person, by phone, by email
- Very strong computer skills, Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access etc.)
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, takes initiative
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task, within a given timeline
- Exceptional problem solving abilities, troubleshooting experience
- Ability to brainstorm and contribute innovative improvements to current systems
- Career-minded, reliable, thorough, with an eye for efficiency
Entrepreneurial experience is a strong asset.
Terms of Employment
- Candidates we are interested in will first be interviewed by phone, and if qualified, in person.
- We are looking for candidates who are immediately available to commence full-time employment on an ongoing basis at our Spadina Avenue & Queens Quay West office.
Direct all applications to: Benjamin Morris, Operations Manager.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -