We are a boutique distribution company with a small office on the west side of Toronto. We have fabulous clientele and are recognized as a leader in the environmental field.
We are in need of someone to take responsibility for daily office operations.
- Overseeing all orders; ensure accuracy and timely processing at warehouse, monitor & assist with inventory, assess freight rates, create daily delivery schedule, liase with our driver, handle returns, help businesses to optimize delivery rates etc.
- Work directly with and support our part-time Bookkeeper/Accounting Manager with processing invoices, entering payments, accounts receivable and bank deposits.
- Learn about our products and business philosophy in order to support and promote our vision and be a fluid part of a small business team.
- Strong Computer Skills, preferably with Quickbooks and Excel or some kind of accounting software
- Mature and Reliable with the ability to make good judgments and sound business decisions
- Strong organizations skills with ability to prioritize, switch gears and manage time well
- Familiarity with the roads and regions in the GTA, and general familiarity with surrounding areas
- Problem solving skills with ability to consider and weigh out variables and make decisions
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience with a wholesale distribution company
As this job involves a lot of communication with regular businesses, a good memory and excellent command of the English language is critical.
While the above business skills are a must, it is also important that this person has a care and concern toward helping to make the world a better place through environmental stewardship.
French Language skills and a post-secondary education would be an asset.
To be considered, please submit:
1. a short summary of your related qualifications in the body of an email. Include why you are interested and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position.
2. Your resume detailing your previous jobs including start & end dates, detailed duties, and reason for leaving.
*Opportunity for Advancement: The selected candidate will start in the position of Operations Coordinator but our goal is for them to grow into an Operations Manager within about 1 year.
Starting Salary: $40 - $45,000 (commensurate with experience) Mon - Fri, Full Time, Permanent
We are sorry that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
Any emails that are only an attached email will be discarded immediately.
No Phone Calls Please.