Green Shield Canada Employee Reviews

Expanded way too fast and not prepared for it.
Staff member (Current Employee) –  Ontario28 April 2017
Plus is that they pay slightly higher than industry standard. That being said the standard in this industry is so pathetically low. This still does not warrant 5 stars because the amount of work expected without overtime pay for the overtime hours, the wrinkles and stress and loss of personal time are not properly compensated to employees that give up their lives to get the job done/keep the promises we have made ... over promising without the staff to back it up.

Engagement survey is completed and then swept under the rug... how can you score a 2 or 3 out of 10 and not make a big deal out of that??
Pros
Some people care, pay is decent, benefits are paid
Cons
No work/life balance, no one cares, bonus not by performance, too much expansion not enough thought and planning, absolute nightmare
good pay poor management
Business Analyst and Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 April 2017
great pay and benefits, poor advancement opportunities and management is out of touch. Management protects each other and have no idea how to manage now that the company has grown. They pretend to be an IT company but no idea how to do it. Real good people usually have a short stay as new and better jobs come up, they want to retain you but do nothing to do that.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor advancement and poor management
Great Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 February 2017
Great environment
Learned a lot of new skills in Excel and Word.

Remarkable place to work
System Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2016
Remarkable place to work.
The company held a lot of on-site courses for empoyees, encouraged learning. WE had relatively small IT department in Toronto, great communication atmosphere!
Stay Away
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  8677 Anchor Dr, Windsor, ON N8N 5G1, Canada18 May 2016
This Employer will work their employees outside the law of the United States since they are based out of Canada.
They do pay over time but nothing over that.
As an armed security officer they try to pay 12 dollars an hour. The minimum for an armed security is 15.
The employer does no training.
It is a dead end job.
Green Sheild
Business Analyst and Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 March 2016
good pay and good co workers. benefits are good and very good community out reach programs, No career path and management is old boys club and very ineffective
Cons
no career path
Great socially responsible company with great people and a good work environment
Account Manager/Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2015
Green Shield is a forward thinking company that puts great focus and effort into developing and nurturing their employees growth. They believe their employees are their greatest asset and it made working for Green Shield a joy. I was able to take courses outside of work hours to personally develop skills that were not necessarily needed for my job (ie. Language courses). Green Shield always provided a good structure for learning and mentors were always nearby if I needed a resource to learn. Eventually as I became more experienced I became that resource for other employees. If I did not have to relocate I would still be happily employed with Green Shield Canada.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, professional, salary, fun co-workers, socially responsible
Cons
Growing company that was experiencing some growing pains with some of their processes
Nice Place to be
Systems Engineer/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 April 2015
Enjoyed my tenure at Green Shield, Good and friendly environment, management is cooperative and so are the colleagues. I had fun and learned a lot during my stay there.
Great people doing great work!
Director Business Development - SPS (Former Employee) –  Toronto4 February 2015
GSC is a not for profit organization dedicated to improving access to healthcare for all Canadians. This makes them very unique in the Insurance space.
Productive, fun workplace that treated their employees well
Claims Adjudicator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 February 2014
The environment was fun and inviting. As a summer student, I was treated as a full-time permanent employee. The job was challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Excellent hours, free tea and coffee, fun work environment, care about employees