Green Roof for Healthy Cities (www.greenroofs.org) is looking for a publishing intern to assist the editor of the Living Architecture Monitor magazine (www.livingarchitecturemonitor.com), a trade magazine for the green roofs and living walls industry.
We are looking for a six-month time commitment, hours (part-time or full-time) to be negotiated.
Responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- MARKETING: assist with marketing/distribution of the print and digital magazine; this may include social media outreach, database/contact list development, developing ideas to increase digital readership of the magazine, preparing marketing materials, research
- SALES: search/source advertising sales leads
- EDITORIAL: assist with copyediting, proofreading, fact-checking; writing as needed
- WEB: prepare stories for/on the magazine website, organization of web files, manipulate photos via Photoshop, developing ideas to increase digital outreach of the website
- ADMINISTRATIVE: communicate with key stakeholders, ship books/magazines
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication, writing, administrative and organization skills, who are eager to experience all aspects of print/digital publishing. Undergraduate degree in the arts, social science or environmental science required. Publishing education/background an asset. Interest in sustainability and green infrastructure also a plus.
Though the internship is unpaid, successful candidates will receive a complimentary green roof training course (4 days) valued at $2000; and valuable experience in the publishing industry.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume in one document to editor, Jennifer Foden Wilson at jfodenwilson AT greenroofs.org by December 10th. Interviews to be completed the week of December 10th. The position start date is negotiable; but to commence in January 2013.