Green Dot Employee Reviews

Great Mission
Violence Prevention Coordinator & Implementer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL15 September 2017
Agents of change for respect for everyone.
enable students to find ways to intervene when others are being negatively impacted by violence of multiple forms.
Great Mission, Poor Management
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA14 July 2017
Green Dot is a great place to work most times. The management is very out of touch with the employees who are not trainers and they make no apologies for showing favoritism in the office. There is little room for advancement for most positions.

There are good people at Green Dot and the culture is very fun but it does little to soften the blow of the rougher times that tend to sweep through the office. The communication between management and employees is poor yet correction or termination is swift. I would highly recommend supporting their mission but definitely wouldn't recommend working there.
Fun Corporate Environment with Ping PongTable
Corporate Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CA14 July 2017
My day begins by checking all emails I proceed to any pending work based on priority. I then move on to formal complaints made by our customers which are generated by our customer service agents and are submitted through our SharePoint ticketing system. I check all new complaints on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and various other consumer complaint sites. I communicate with our call center managers daily by email or phone when we have our weekly meetings. I Stay on top of any and all issues regarding customer complaints and service disruptions. One of the most important things that I have learned in my position is how to de-escalate customers that are not upset at me personally but upset with the companies policies or procedures. I have also learned how to properly manage my time making myself more productive. The environment is friendly and encouraging as well as being goal orientated and focused on producing results. One of the toughest tasks that I encounter is the different types of customers that I deal with on a day to day basis for the most part all are escalated and do not always have the most reasonable expectations for our products. The best part of my job is my team and all the people that I work with they make my experience fun and pleasurable.
Pros
Free lunches, Ping Pong Table, Wonderful Co-Workers, Great Management
Cons
Short breaks, inadequate compensation, Understaffed
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sr DD Assist lead/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CA27 June 2017
In my opinion, Green Dot is the best company to work for within the prepaid industry. The Job culture may not be the best due to the fact that is a large company.
Pros
Amazing management tam
Cons
Hard work and very political
Senior Software Engineer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA3 May 2017
Green Dot is great when it comes to compensation and a decent work environment with good people. It is however, very political and technology is stagnant. There is a lot of red tape and many layers of management.
Exceptional experience as a founding educator of a charter school
NBPTS Teacher, Green Dot New York Charter School (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY7 April 2017
I truly enjoyed my opportunity to be part of a the founding educators of Green Dot. The school's mission was something I believed in passionately and loved spending time with young people in the classroom.
Busy and Productive
Student Development (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJ13 January 2017
My typical day at work is filled with files and advocating for the residents. I learned time managament, how to advocate for the residents, and how to work as a team player. My manager is great she is always there when I have a question. My co-workers are also great; we help each other out when needed. My job is not hard, once I learn how to do the job it becomes very easy to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the residents with there outside problems. Even if I cannot help solve a resident problem I can atleast say I tried.
I really loved this job. Fun place and everyone was really nice and welcoming
Kitter (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH21 December 2016
At this job it was all about gift cards. It was so many different types for very important company's. It wasn't really hard at all. I actually won top kitter because my numbers were so high.
παραγωγική και ήρεμη συνεργασία στο περιβάλλον εργασίας με τους συνάδελφους
ΓΡΑΦΙΣΤΑΣ (Former Employee) –  Ασπρόπυργος5 December 2016
Παραγωγική και ήρεμη συνεργασία στο περιβάλλον εργασίας με τους συνάδελφους μου.
They are growing and will only get better
Volunteer Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA17 November 2016
They don't have a large budget so they depend hugely on volunteer work since they are funded by private donors and things like that, but they really have a good mission and they try their best to stick to their vision for providing better education in a variety of ways.
mission driven business to create financial products for the underserved
Board of Directors, Chairman Audit Committee (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CA28 August 2016
Great company; very collaborative people; people really cared about the company's mission to create financial products for the unbanked, lesser banked, unhappily banked and underserved at a fair price.
Pros
mission driven; good benefits; collaborative people
Managment needed improvement
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CA30 June 2016
Hire up all needed a reevaluation of there degrees and démodé all the directors and leads that were not doing their work nor had degrees.
Pros
Many days off do to holidays
Cons
Hire ups were uneducated and incompetent.
company is fine, management is terrible.
Corporate Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA23 May 2016
company is fine, management is terrible. no room for real advancement or positions to make more money. asked to do a lot of work that is outside if your job title, with no compensation or recognition.
Average work place
Customer Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CA16 September 2015
The overall job was average with a bad culture and management was not good at all. The job security of the job was not very strong with too many changes going on without any notices.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad job security
Great Org - Out to change the world!
Youth Initiatives Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC5 July 2015
Lovely organization to be a part of for two years. Doing incredible violence prevention work. Unfortunately, after a couple years, some personal issues began to interfere with the high demand of work I was required to complete.
Pros
Great cause, great strategy, great people.
Cons
Too high of work demand for the amount of personal compromise.
great co workers, great benefits, fun enviornment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CA2 April 2013
• Maintain personal and team accountability for productivity and efficiency.
• Demonstrate ownership of customer issues and work proactively with business units, partners, and vendors to manage issues through to a complete resolution in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate sound negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills by working to resolve issues within your own authority and parameters, whenever possible, while utilizing sound judgment to understand when it will be both effective and necessary to appeal to a higher authority.
• Demonstrate ability to understand the big picture and identify the underlying drivers causing complaints by capturing, reporting and analyzing systematic issues and recommending solutions to improve processes and products.
Pros
great benefits, growing company, great co workers
Cons
short breaks, new company learning on the way, micro managers
Productive workplace
Risk and Processing Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CA29 December 2012
I enjoyed working at Green Dot. I've never had a job quite like the job I had. I learned to multi-task really well. I answered phones and sent out mask emails. I learned to deal with people over the phones, etc. In the beginning the hardest part about working a Green Dot is adapting right away. Once I got the hang of everything my job became easier. My co-workers were the best, I got along with everyone & they were all very helpful. The most enjoyable part able my job was, we all worked really well together, like one big happy family.