Human Resources Specialist
Reporting to: Director of Finance and Operations
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
The York School is the first fully accredited school in Canada to offer the International Baccalaureate from preschool to university entrance. A coeducational, non-denominational, independent day school, The York School is renowned for its challenging academic programme and its commitment to experiential learning.
The York School seeks a part time Human Resources Specialist to manage our recruitment efforts, employee benefits, personnel policies, record keeping and human resources regulatory compliance.
· An undergraduate degree in Human resources or related discipline
· Optimal candidate will have 6- 8 years of experience
· Exceptional interpersonal skills while maintaining confidentiality
· Ability to multi-task, organise and manage data are key.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Managing all areas of Human Resources administration
· Ensuring compliance with government HR legislation by organizing or providing training, managing compliance documents and monitoring requirements and deadlines
· Providing advice on HR related organization policy and procedures
· Providing current and prospective employees with information about HR policies, payroll and benefits
· Preparing and maintaining accurate records, files and reports including staff employee files
· Reviewing and updating the School’s Employee Handbook, job descriptions, etc
· Managing the School’s recruitment and interview process, including job postings, resume review, interviewing as necessary, assisting with candidate selection and drafting contracts
· Conducting exit interviews and assembling summary information for presentation to Executive Committee
· Implement and maintain employee evaluation system
· Provide job related counselling to staff as necessary
· Other HR related jobs as assigned
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae by December 6, 2013 via this posting.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.