Greater Toronto Airports Authority Employee Reviews

Highly Mismanaged!
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON14 November 2016
Great workplace! Couldn't get any worse for management. Incompetent people managing airport. Buddy system for advancement not knowledge. CEO should get involved to fix this problem.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Horrible schedules
Great People top down leadership style
Director Airport Business Development (Former Employee) –  Administration Building10 August 2016
Very exciting environment, great people both within the company and at airlines and other companies using the airport.
Pros
exciting, dynamic environment
Management Trust
Leasing Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2016
My Senior Manager will trust that you will accomplish all tasks and responsibilities that are being asked of you. If not the onus is on your. There is no black and white - only full communication and trust.
I would love to have everyone experience a Manager like mine.
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Commute
Ample training programs and opportunities for advancement
CAD System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario1 February 2016
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority is a company that provides a work environment that is beneificial to employees both in the learning experience and opportunities for advancement. I was able to advance from a CAD Technician to the Adminstrator of the Mapping and CAD Document management system. They believe in providing training to their employees to keep them on the leading edge of technology.
As with most other jobs in this industry there are peak times that require long work hours. Management is exemplary in rewarding employees for their hard work.
The challenges that this environment provides are many and varied and it is rewarding to meet these challenges with success.
GTAA is a great employer and I fully recommended for a secured employment.
Conveyance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pearson Airport, Toronto, ON21 November 2015
I really enjoyed my employment, their professional environment and have a great deal for job advancement and security.
Pros
Applicable allowances for working on weekends, night shifts and daily overtime after the regular 8 hours.
Cons
Frequent shift work schedules.
Exciting and evolving work environment
AVIATION OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  YYZ-Pearson International Airport6 December 2015
Rotational 12 hour shifts, supervising over 350+ employees working in multiple departments.
Co-worker are competent, hard-working, and professional.
Work develops and sharpens multi-tasking skills to an acute degree.
Airport Authority
Manager Health, Safety & Training (Current Employee) –  Aviation Services16 October 2015
Greater Toronto Airport Authority is accountable to ensure all aviation traffic has safe passage into and out of Toronto's Pearson International Airport. The GTAA looks after all airside and groundside maintenance as well as the terminals and infrastructure.
Pros
Large company
Cons
long commute to work
Not a great place to grow for a long term career and opportunities are limited.
ITM - Strategic Sourcing  (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2013
Although working at the airport was fun and exciting, it wasn't the culture that best suited my career path. Opportunities were not available to excel or grow within my field.

Most of the people you work with are great, however, there seems to be fine lines that you do not cross because some departments are afraid of change, even though it is for the better.

The job was simple, which in return lacks the challenge at least to me and as mentioned before, it does not help me excel or grow.

Best part of the job is being able to to learn anything and everything about how the airlines/aviation industry operates.
very good company
Administrative type jobs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON Canada27 December 2012
Each day was a new learning experience working closely with co-workers and management at all leverls. At the end of the day you left with a feeling of satisfaction. The job, the people, the environment, the company were all a bonus as it was a joy to go to work each day.
Pros
the positive environment.
Cons
too good a company to have any cons.
Great company with great benefits and work/life balance
Management Assistant, (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2012
A typical day at work is usually busy. I work with excellent people. For the most part, the people in this place are excellent.

The management still has to be more progressive. They are working on changing the culture. For people with family, this place is great.
Manager was very encouraging and supportive, excellent work environment that made me feel like part of a family
AVOP/Airside Safety Clerk (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga6 April 2014
A typical day at work were data entry of traffic infraction at the airport, issue demerit letters and suspension letters according to the drivers demerit history.

I learned how it was to work in a large company with multiple departments. I also learned about the aviation industry. I learned how programs were developed and the different stages of user testing and feedback when I was involved in the development of the RAPS+ program. I also learned how to train, test and supervise when I trained my department how to use RAPS+ and while supervising the AVOP exams.

Management and co-op workers were excellent. Everyday I was excited to go to work.
Pros
Lots of freedom from manager, allowed me to manage my own time at work.
Cons
co-op position, manager was not successful in negotiate and hire me as a full time employee
Highly political, yet dynamic workplace
Aviation Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto18 March 2014
Dynamic, continuous challenging workplace.
Management and union have a strong divide.
Hardest part of the job is the office politics.
Pros
Independent workplace, trusting of employees
Cons
Highly politicized
Excellent Placement for Co-Op Students
Co-op Term (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2013
I received a lot of hands-on experience here working with classified information, as well as data entry. Unfortunately there wasn't enough work to go around.
Pros
Co-op Students are treated well
Cons
Not enough work
Accounts Payable - Cheque Processing (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2014
Good Place to work.

Great people and work environment and very fast paced
Friendly working environment
Assistant to Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2012
-Documentation and drafting
-Friendly co-workers
-Research and site visit
.....
finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2014
Great company to work for, however there is no advancement.
Dynamite! Working for Toronto Pearson - GTAA was a blast.
Coordinator of First Impressions (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2015
I loved the exposure to so many facets of the operations within Toronto Pearson that were affiliated with Toronto Pearson and the GTAA. I learned to work on 2 phones at the same time, to check visitors in - take their photo and put their data into the security database, and to act as a security 'point' within the GTAA - if you didn't have clearance, you could not go into the administrative building. I learned to manage the calendar for 35 boardrooms and how to avoid conflicts in the calendar, at all costs.

Management was demanding but fair and had a vision for Toronto Pearson, that you couldn't help but have a good feeling about. Everyone was proud of where they worked and were striving towards the same objectives.

The hardest part of the job was when someone did not want to respect the security procedures in place. I had to be the 'enforcer.' But I learned to do this in a firm, yet diplomatic way.

Co-workers were helpful and supportive. We really worked as a team in corporate services, yet we could have some laughs, along the way.

The most enjoyable part of the job was really feeling a part of it all! As the Coordinator of First Impressions, what I did and how I acted, automatically reflected on Toronto Pearson - GTAA. We received so many different visitors each day from the RCMP to the President and Executive of Helsinki Airport. I felt very important!
Pros
Team collaboration, common mission, connection to travel and a diverse guest list.
Cons
Long commute of 3 hours each day.

Greater Toronto Airports Authority Reviews by Location