Greater Toronto Airports Authority Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Exciting and evolving work environment
AVIATION OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), YYZ-Pearson International AirportDecember 6, 2015
Rotational 12 hour shifts, supervising over 350+ employees working in multiple departments.
Co-worker are competent, hard-working, and professional.
Work develops and sharpens multi-tasking skills to an acute degree.
GTAA is a great employer and I fully recommended for a secured employment.
Conveyance Coordinator (Former Employee), Pearson Airport, Toronto, ONNovember 21, 2015
Pros: Applicable allowances for working on weekends, night shifts and daily overtime after the regular 8 hours.
Cons: Frequent shift work schedules.
I really enjoyed my employment, their professional environment and have a great deal for job advancement and security.
Airport Authority
Manager Health, Safety & Training (Current Employee), Aviation ServicesOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Large company
Cons: long commute to work
Greater Toronto Airport Authority is accountable to ensure all aviation traffic has safe passage into and out of Toronto's Pearson International Airport. The GTAA looks after all airside and groundside maintenance as well as the terminals and infrastructure.
Dynamite! Working for Toronto Pearson - GTAA was a blast.
Coordinator of First Impressions (contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: team collaboration, common mission, connection to travel and a diverse guest list.
Cons: long commute of 3 hours each day.
I loved the exposure to so many facets of the operations within Toronto Pearson that were affiliated with Toronto Pearson and the GTAA. I learned to work on 2 phones at the same time, to check visitors in - take their photo and put their data into the security database, and to act as a security 'point' within the GTAA - if you didn't have clearance, you could not go into the administrative building. I learned to manage the calendar for 35 boardrooms and how to avoid conflicts in the calendar, at all costs.

Management was demanding but fair and had a vision for Toronto Pearson, that you couldn't help but have a good feeling about. Everyone was proud of where they worked and were striving towards the same objectives.

The hardest part of the job was when someone did not want to respect the security procedures in place. I had to be the 'enforcer.' But I learned to do this in a firm, yet diplomatic way.

Co-workers were helpful and supportive. We really worked as a team in corporate services, yet we could have some laughs, along the way.

The most enjoyable part of the job was really feeling a part of it all! As the Coordinator of First Impressions, what I did and how I acted, automatically reflected on Toronto Pearson - GTAA. We received so many different visitors each day from the RCMP to the President and Executive of Helsinki Airport. I felt very important!
Accounts Payable - Cheque Processing (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2014
Good Place to work.

Great people and work environment and very fast paced
Manager was very encouraging and supportive, excellent work environment that made me feel like part of a family
AVOP/Airside Safety Clerk (Co-op) (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 6, 2014
Pros: lots of freedom from manager, allowed me to manage my own time at work.
Cons: co-op position, manager was not successful in negotiate and hire me as a full time employee
A typical day at work were data entry of traffic infraction at the airport, issue demerit letters and suspension letters according to the drivers demerit history.

I learned how it was to work in a large company with multiple departments. I also learned about the aviation industry. I learned how programs were developed and the different stages of user testing and feedback when I was involved in the development of the RAPS+ program. I also learned how to train, test and supervise when I trained my department how to use RAPS+ and while supervising the AVOP exams.

Management and co-op workers were excellent. Everyday I was excited to go to work.
Highly political, yet dynamic workplace
Aviation Services (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 18, 2014
Pros: independent workplace, trusting of employees
Cons: highly politicized
Dynamic, continuous challenging workplace.
Management and union have a strong divide.
Hardest part of the job is the office politics.
.....
finance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Great company to work for, however there is no advancement.
Not a great place to grow for a long term career and opportunities are limited.
ITM - Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2013
Although working at the airport was fun and exciting, it wasn't the culture that best suited my career path. Opportunities were not available to excel or grow within my field.

Most of the people you work with are great, however, there seems to be fine lines that you do not cross because some departments are afraid of change, even though it is for the better.

The job was simple, which in return lacks the challenge at least to me and as mentioned before, it does not help me excel or grow.

Best part of the job is being able to to learn anything and everything about how the airlines/aviation industry operates.
Excellent Placement for Co-Op Students
Co-op Term (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: co-op students are treated well
Cons: not enough work
I received a lot of hands-on experience here working with classified information, as well as data entry. Unfortunately there wasn't enough work to go around.
very good company
Administrative type jobs (Former Employee), Toronto, ON CanadaDecember 27, 2012
Pros: the positive environment.
Cons: too good a company to have any cons.
Each day was a new learning experience working closely with co-workers and management at all leverls. At the end of the day you left with a feeling of satisfaction. The job, the people, the environment, the company were all a bonus as it was a joy to go to work each day.
Great company with great benefits and work/life balance
Management Assistant, (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 11, 2012
A typical day at work is usually busy. I work with excellent people. For the most part, the people in this place are excellent.

The management still has to be more progressive. They are working on changing the culture. For people with family, this place is great.
Friendly working environment