JOB POSTING - CEP-13/14-17
R. S. Fowler/SACHS
Wellness, Resiliency and Partnership (WRAP)
Youth Success Coach
Temporary Full time – 32.5 hours/week
Position: A Youth Success Coach is required to support junior and senior high school students presenting with a diagnosis of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. This position is funded through a conditional grant provided by Alberta Education. While Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools is the employer, the Success Coach provides services in both Greater St. Albert Catholic and St. Albert Public School Divisions.
Duties to Commence: Immediately to June 27, 2013
Qualifications & Duties:
- Committed to being a model and witness to Christ-centered education values and beliefs.
- Completion of a Child and Youth Care or Social Work Program, or equivalent post-secondary training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with school learning teams, parents and community partners
- Displays a positive approach to students with social, emotional and behavioral needs.
- Experience implementing positive, proactive behavioural interventions. Some training in applied behaviour analysis.
- Experience modeling and coaching social skills and healthy boundaries.
- Support youth with transitions from school to school or school to work.
- Support families and caregivers with providing participation opportunities for youth in the community.
- Confidence in and knowledge of a variety of technology applications.
- Provide support through relational interactions and activities.
- Develop innovative and creative programming to meet the individual needs of youth and small groups of youth.
Identify resiliency capacities and coping skills for youth to build on.
- Support and promote healthy lifestyle choices.
- Ability to be involved in a wide variety of activities that require a high level of physical activity.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training an asset.
Part of our application process requires all applicants to take the Support Insight Assessment. This is located online at https://gx.gallup.com/educationsupportinsight.gx. Your application is not considered complete without this assessment. If you have already completed this assessment, it is not necessary to complete it again.
Once you have accessed the website, on the left side of the screen, under First Time Applicants, click on the 'Register' button. Enter District Code 20659856. For more information on this assessment, go to http://www.gsacrd.ab.ca/images/documents/pdf/employment/SupportInsight%20FAQ.pdf.
Please apply online at: www.gsacrd.ab.ca > Employment > Support
Deadline for Applications: December 2, 2013 at 4:00pm
For more information on this position please contact:
Associate Superintendent Student Services
Phone: 780-459-7711 ext. 120
Only online applications will be accepted. No late applications will be accepted.
Although all applications are appreciated, only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.