JOB POSTING: CUPE 13/14 – 11
Shared between Morinville and Legal Preschool/Kindergartens*
Full time– 35 hours/week
Position: An educational assistant is required to provide speech-language support to children in the Preschool and Kindergarten programs. The successful candidate will work as a member of a trans-disciplinary team to support children with speech-language intervention.
Duties Commence: Immediately
Qualifications & Duties:
- - Committed to being a model and witness to Christ-centered education values and beliefs.
- - Completion of Speech-Language Assistant Program
- - Applicants with completion of the Educational Assistant Program at Grant MacEwan University or equivalent post-secondary training with specific knowledge and skills in stimulating speech/language may be considered
- - Experience working with preschool children with speech-language challenges
- - Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to very young children.
- - High energy level.
- - Physical ability and confidence to lift, carry, toilet, and play with children in different positions.
- - Experience facilitating cognitive, motor and social development.
- - Familiarity with sign language
- - Experience with the use of visual supports.
- - Ability to manage challenging behaviors in a calm, proactive manner.
- - Feels comfortable carrying out family-oriented/home visits.
Part of our application process requires all applicants to take the Support Insight Assessment. This is located online at https://gx.gallup.com/educationsupportinsight.gx. Your application is not considered complete without this assessment. Once you have accessed the website, on the left side of the screen, under First Time Applicants, click on the 'Register' button. Enter District Code *20659856*.
For more information on this assessment, go to http://www.gsacrd.ab.ca/images/documents/pdf/employment/SupportInsight%20FAQ.pdf.
Please apply online at: www.gsacrd.ab.ca > Employment > Support
Deadline for Applications: January 5, 2014 at 4:00pm
For more information on these positions please contact:
Marlene Pelletier, Principal
Notre Dame Elementary School
Phone: (780) 939-4020
Raymonde Roulston, Principal
Phone: (780) 961-3791
Kate Yelle Watt
Early Learning Consultant
Phone: (780) 459-7734
Only online applications will be accepted. No late applications will be accepted.
Although all applications are appreciated, only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.