12 month continuous – 1.0 FTE (35 hours per week)
Position: Reporting to the Secretary Treasurer, the Transportation Supervisor organizes all aspects of the student transportation system to and from school on a daily basis. Responsibilities include the efficient and effective management of programs and services within budget, the recommendation for required policy changes, the maintenance of a variety of client relations, and the implementation of all policies and practices approved by the Board of the Trustees.
Duties to Commence: February 11, 2013 (or as soon after, as possible)
Qualifications and Duties:
- Committed to being a model and witness to Christ-centered education values and beliefs.
- Strong commitment to student safety
- Familiarity with the School Act, Safety Traffic Act, and the Student Transportation Regulation
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Proven experience designing efficient bus routes
- Experience in the development and monitoring of annual budgets
- Experience in the preparation of the annual Alberta Education Grant Application or similar experience from another province
- Experience in developing contract tenders, negotiating with bus contractors, and monitoring performance
- Experience dealing with conflict resolution and creative problem-solving
- Proven experience in customer service and the maintenance of excellent client relationships
- Excellent spreadsheet, computer, and e-mail skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility in responding to parent concerns
The ideal candidate will be a team leader/player with education and training relevant to the position. Candidates with specific geographic knowledge of the region serviced by Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools (St. Albert, Morinville, and Legal), a good understanding of the policies and practices of Alberta Education, and experience with Edulog or similar bus routing and scheduling software will have a definite advantage.
Part of our application process requires all applicants to take a Support Insight Assessment. This is located online at https://gx.gallup.com/educationsupportinsight.gx. Your application is not considered complete without this assessment. Once you have accessed the website, on the left side of the screen, under First Time Applicants, click on the 'Register' button. Enter District Code 20659856.
Please apply online at: www.gsacrd.ab.ca > Employment > Management
Deadline for Applications: February 1, 2013
Annual Salary Range: $62,943 to $79,083 commensurate with experience
For more information on this position please contact:
Mrs. Deborah Schlag, Secretary Treasurer – District Office
St. Albert, AB T8N 1K2
Phone: (780) 459-7711
Fax: (780) 458-3213
Only online applications will be accepted. No late applications will be accepted.
Although all applications are appreciated, only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.