Greater Essex County District School Board Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 18, 2015
I did the research about the principals learning teams in Windsor with a teacher consultant of Greater Essex County District School Board and my classmate.
I did literature reviews, survey and interview during the process in order to find ways to improve the principals learning teams with finishing a research paper.
I conducted the presentation of the result to teacher consultants and the professor of university.
Fun workplace with daily interaction with teenagers
Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 12, 2015
In a typical day, I check in with the group of high school students that I work with and ensure that they are on track to meet their short and long term goals. I meet with students and provide whatever it is that they need to help them be successful. For some students, this may include (but not be limited to) to the following: offering a listening ear and providing counsel, completing mediations when communications have broken down with another student, completing assessment to determine the needs of a student, liaising with and providing community supports and resources to bridge gaps that act as barriers to learning, offering tutoring and/or schoolwork assistance... etc. There is no typical day, because the needs of students are fluid and I am to be flexible to meet whatever challenges they are facing of that day.

I work as part of a multidisciplinary team, who works together to figure out what each student needs to be successful and addressing the gaps that exist. The hardest part of the job is to convince some staff members of the legitimacy of the program and that it is as important as academics, when the barrier to a student's success may be something unrelated to school. The most rewarding part of my job is to see that I can meet at need that a student has, which may not have been met if I was not there. It's not often that teenagers can see the big picture and the eventual outcome of my intervention, but when one can and says thank you, it makes my day.
Pros
work independently and part of a team, interacting with students, autonomy
Cons
poor pay
fun workplace, learning experience for the job world
Temporary Custodian (Former Employee) –  Riverside Secondary SchoolDecember 17, 2014
Working for GEDSCB was a great experience for me. It help me devolop both independent working skills and team working skills as well.
Pros
great employees
Cons
no complaints
fun working with kids
lunch aid, supply teacher (Former Employee) –  Prince AndrewJune 9, 2013
Did a lot there. from fund raising, hot food days, stock, teaching, lunch aid
Pros
with my kids
Cons
knowing there friends
Productive and educative place to work.
School Aide (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 7, 2012
A typical day involved lots of activities for children so as to keep them productive.

I learned how to be more patient with people and different activities for children.

Management was helpful at orienting staff and supervisor was always available to offer extra help.

Co-workers were cooperative.
Environnement de travail agreable
Elementary Teacher (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 18, 2015
Une journee de travail typique pour moi en tant qu'instructeur occasionnele de langues internationales se deroule les samedis de 9 h 30 a 12 h 00. Les enfants ont entre 6 et 10 ans et sont la pour pratiquer la langue de leurs parents. Le milieu de travail est securitaire et agreeable. Les superviseurs du programme sont tres professionnels et avec mes collegues, on fait une bonne equipe. L'aspect le plus difficile c'est que je ne peuxas advancer de cette position a une position d'enseignante a temps plein. l"aspect le plus agreeable, c'est de travailler avec les enfants.
Pros
exercer ma profession, celle d'enseignante
Cons
tres difficile d'avancer dans la carriere d'enseignant

4.4