Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The most enjoyable part of my job
Lead/Cook/Cashier/Order Puller (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 4, 2014
i would have to say dealing with upset customers, I know it sounds weird but i just love how i can approach an angry or upset customer and handle their issue and they leave with a smile on their face and eventually spend more money with us.
Great place to work.
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WIJuly 1, 2014
Provide customer service, multitasking, training newly hired staff
Guest Services
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Kansas City KSJune 6, 2014
I worked in Guest Services checking guests in and out of rooms. Great Wolf Lodge taught me a lot about guest services and the importance of guest satisfaction. I really enjoyed this job.
If you like kids, it is a great place!
Nail Technician (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHMay 28, 2014
It overlooked the pool, so I would see the kids playing in the water, then the little girls would come in with great big smiles on their cute little faces waiting for either a manicure or pedicure. They would get treated like princesses. The management was great, they were proactive, one lived right around the corner, so she would come in if needed. – more... My co-workers were great, also! The hardest part of my job, was that it was seasonal. I wished I could have stayed there! The most enjoyable part of the job, was that because it was such a new location, everyone got a hand in making the place work, not just corporate! – less
fun and enjoyable
Lifeguad (Current Employee), Scotrun, PAMay 27, 2014
Pros: pay less for rooms, free park passes
Cons: cant eat at certain places
i liked all the managment and team members
i hate standing on my feet in water all day
my co-workers were enjoyable
managemt did thier job right.
i liked interacting with the people and childern that came in
Typical Day
Room Attendant/ Customer Service/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 24, 2014
I learned how to Bill customers, engage in conversation to get to the bottom of a situation. Drive a Fork Lift & load trucks for delivery.
love who i worked with just not who i worked for
Houseman (Former Employee), Rochester, WAMay 7, 2014
management was the real downfall here. the job is simple but they have to make it much more difficult than it needs to be
I enjoy working here.
Reservation Agent (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 2, 2014
I have had a few jobs in the last couple of years. This is honestly the only job I have liked in a while. The Management team as very understanding, helpful, and really make you want to be apart of the team. They more than show they want you to succeed and progress upward in the company. Sometimes are call center get busy and sometimes its slow, it – more... kinda balances out to me, but either way they make the workplace fun and a place you want to be. I truly can say, I LOVE MY JOB!!!! – less
Waterpark for the kids
Bar Lead at Camp Critter Bar and Grille (Former Employee), Scotrun, PAApril 24, 2014
Pros: healthcare, discount for gym and cell phone, very busy
Cons: very little breaks
A lot of the time I spent at Great Wolf was in the waterpark at the outside bar, it was extremely hot and very far away from the rest of food and beverage so if I needed anything, I would have to call in for it. The bar manager was an amazing boss and she was willing to listen to any suggestions and help her bar team anyway possible. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was seeing all the families having fun and being able to get benefits, as well as enjoy a steady income. – less
Fun place to work
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAApril 21, 2014
Pros: people, breaks
Cons: housekeeping, pay
I liked meeting new people and the people I worked with. The only problem were rooms not being ready on time and handling that situation.
Fun Customers, Poor management.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 10, 2014
Pros: free meals. co workers.
Cons: formerly hot lunches, then suddenly changed to pre packaged old sandwitches. managment.
Typical day consisted of cleaning all of the rides which the lifeguards oversaw and dispatched on followed by opening the waterpark to the hotel guests. I learned proper techniques on being a lifeguard as well as learned the information to pass the test given by the lodge. Management was not the best, we were often hit with big news they had known for – more... days and decided not to tell us until day of or day before. Management was made up mostly of younger men who liked to play jokes on lifeguards and audit them by throwing fake babies in the water frequently which would in turn scare many guests, especially since most of the guests were children and their parents. Co-workers were awesome, mostly high school kids, but they were all very good at what they did and paid attention very well. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with children who were so excited to be on water slides all day. – less
Housekeeping
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Sandusky, OHApril 5, 2014
Pick up board of rooms to clean each day, also key card for entering rooms. Stock my cart with sheets towels and other necessities. clean required rooms during my shift. help others with their rooms if needed. returned to laundry to return my board and key.
Great work place
Confectionary Baker (Former Employee), Charleston SCApril 4, 2014
Pros: benifits
What I've learned about working at Harris Teeter is good quality customer care. I met life time friendship working for the company. I also disovered the intrest for cake decorating working for the company.
Productive Work Environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free soda, guests, kids, room for growth.
I worked the night audit full time for 9 months. I enjoyed the return guests just as much as the new stays. I ran daily accounting reports, assigned rooms, and reported all earnings to the corporate office daily. I pre-prepared breakfast and coffee, delivered expres check outs and made reservations. I worked alone, but efficiently.
Productive and fun to ork there while attending college
lifeguard (Former Employee), Scotrun, PAMarch 29, 2014
Oversaw smooth operation of the park's water rides and kept order among guests
Maintained safety at supervised attractions and rescued a few people
Upon request, rides in the park and even other services offered by the hotel were recommended to best fit the customers' needs.
dish washer
Dishwasher/Liaison (Former Employee), scottrun paMarch 26, 2014
Pros: pleasant work enviroment
Cons: poor pay
this is typical for a resort area. kitchen crew are pleasant and hard working. the job has its perks, provided meals when working.
Fun Company
Bartender (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Enjoyed working for Great Wolf very fun faced paced place of work!
Indoor waterpark resort that was 90% occupied for most of the year
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee), Tannersville, PAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: good first job
Cons: hardly any breaks, very stressful
This place is a good place to start a job. It can get very stressful at times so you have to be able to handle that, being that this place is more than 90% occupied for most of the year. Management is a hit or miss, my manager was very nice and very organized at they did. Everyone helped each other out with everything when we got extremely busy at times.
Its was amazing
Life Guard (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 9, 2014
i loved working there but i was going through problems at the time so i couldn't keep both job and life going at the same time but overall very nice
Vigilant Guard
Jeff Ellis & Associates Lifeguard (Former Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WIMarch 5, 2014
I worked in a team environment as a Jeff E&A certified lifeguard. My primary objectives were total aquatic safety and customer satisfaction in a friendly environment.