Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Waterpark for the kids
Bar Lead at Camp Critter Bar and Grille (Former Employee), Scotrun, PAApril 24, 2014
Pros: healthcare, discount for gym and cell phone, very busy
Cons: very little breaks
A lot of the time I spent at Great Wolf was in the waterpark at the outside bar, it was extremely hot and very far away from the rest of food and beverage so if I needed anything, I would have to call in for it. The bar manager was an amazing boss and she was willing to listen to any suggestions and help her bar team anyway possible. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job was seeing all the families having fun and being able to get benefits, as well as enjoy a steady income. – less
Fun place to work
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAApril 21, 2014
Pros: people, breaks
Cons: housekeeping, pay
I liked meeting new people and the people I worked with. The only problem were rooms not being ready on time and handling that situation.
Fun Customers, Poor management.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 10, 2014
Pros: free meals. co workers.
Cons: formerly hot lunches, then suddenly changed to pre packaged old sandwitches. managment.
Typical day consisted of cleaning all of the rides which the lifeguards oversaw and dispatched on followed by opening the waterpark to the hotel guests. I learned proper techniques on being a lifeguard as well as learned the information to pass the test given by the lodge. Management was not the best, we were often hit with big news they had known for – more... days and decided not to tell us until day of or day before. Management was made up mostly of younger men who liked to play jokes on lifeguards and audit them by throwing fake babies in the water frequently which would in turn scare many guests, especially since most of the guests were children and their parents. Co-workers were awesome, mostly high school kids, but they were all very good at what they did and paid attention very well. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with children who were so excited to be on water slides all day. – less
Housekeeping
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Sandusky, OHApril 5, 2014
Pick up board of rooms to clean each day, also key card for entering rooms. Stock my cart with sheets towels and other necessities. clean required rooms during my shift. help others with their rooms if needed. returned to laundry to return my board and key.
Great work place
Confectionary Baker (Former Employee), Charleston SCApril 4, 2014
Pros: benifits
What I've learned about working at Harris Teeter is good quality customer care. I met life time friendship working for the company. I also disovered the intrest for cake decorating working for the company.
Productive Work Environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free soda, guests, kids, room for growth.
I worked the night audit full time for 9 months. I enjoyed the return guests just as much as the new stays. I ran daily accounting reports, assigned rooms, and reported all earnings to the corporate office daily. I pre-prepared breakfast and coffee, delivered expres check outs and made reservations. I worked alone, but efficiently.
Productive and fun to ork there while attending college
lifeguard (Former Employee), Scotrun, PAMarch 29, 2014
Oversaw smooth operation of the park's water rides and kept order among guests
Maintained safety at supervised attractions and rescued a few people
Upon request, rides in the park and even other services offered by the hotel were recommended to best fit the customers' needs.
dish washer
Dishwasher/Liaison (Former Employee), scottrun paMarch 26, 2014
Pros: pleasant work enviroment
Cons: poor pay
this is typical for a resort area. kitchen crew are pleasant and hard working. the job has its perks, provided meals when working.
Fun Company
Bartender (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Enjoyed working for Great Wolf very fun faced paced place of work!
Indoor waterpark resort that was 90% occupied for most of the year
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee), Tannersville, PAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: good first job
Cons: hardly any breaks, very stressful
This place is a good place to start a job. It can get very stressful at times so you have to be able to handle that, being that this place is more than 90% occupied for most of the year. Management is a hit or miss, my manager was very nice and very organized at they did. Everyone helped each other out with everything when we got extremely busy at times.
Its was amazing
Life Guard (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 9, 2014
i loved working there but i was going through problems at the time so i couldn't keep both job and life going at the same time but overall very nice
Vigilant Guard
Jeff Ellis & Associates Lifeguard (Former Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WIMarch 5, 2014
I worked in a team environment as a Jeff E&A certified lifeguard. My primary objectives were total aquatic safety and customer satisfaction in a friendly environment.
Productive and busy but fun environment
Work Force Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 4, 2014
This is a challenging yet rewarding place to work. Management treats everyone fairly and does the best they can to have a good work/home life balance.
A constant learning experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Concord, NCFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: working with children, getting in the water, my co-workers
Cons: short breaks, time off limits, point system
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and always finding new ways of learning scenarios. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was working in an indoor water park that was kept at 85 degrees at all times.
i liked the enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 15, 2014
typical day would be to serve the guest and make sure things are right for them
i learned that taking your time and checking on the guest will not only please them but make them come back again
management was always coming and going
co-workers some got along and some didn't
hardest part is explaining to a guest why something wasn't right with their – more... order
enjoyable part was making memories for the little kids – less
Not Much Advancement
Guest Services Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAFebruary 15, 2014
Not much room for advancement in Guest Services, and the angry/rude guests made it hard to smile at times.
Great place to work.
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Mason, OHFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free day passes.
A day at work is extremely fun and enjoyable. Management treated me with great respect. It was hard to scan the pools on crowded days and the most enjoyable was the people i worked with.
Feels like working at Disneyland. Everyday is a new adventure. Love it.
Nail Tech (Current Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great place to take your family.
Cons: far employee parking.
Great Wolf Lodge is a great work place. When you go to work you never feel like your there to work just to have fun and serve the customers and help them create memories.
Vending/Retail (Current Employee), Concord, NCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: it can be brutally hot in some areas during the summer.
I punch in then get my clipboard and keys. Walk to all vending areas in hotel. Check all soda machines to make sure they are in working order and check that none of the product is expired. Make note of any machines that are not working correctly. Write down how much product is needed. Go fill all machines. Bring empty cases to loading dock for pick – more... up and throw away any cardboard in recycling.
I never did anything like this before so I learned everything here. Since I work on my own I can't really comment on co-workers but everyone I talk to is always friendly. The management is wonderful. Pushing the cart when it's full on the carpet is definitely the hardest part of the job. Helping guests is the best part of the job. – less
fun family friendly environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXJanuary 27, 2014
changes daily
great place to work
weekends are a peak time and you'll be required to work weekends and holidays