Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
Bartender/ Waitress (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Great wolf is an amazing place to work, positive environment, great people, good money.
Very Nice and comfortable work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Very educational. Training was provided free. The shifts were brutal. Sometimes 14 hours of watching cameras or walking the hallways. For the low wages, it wasn't very worth it.
really disliked working here
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Scotrun, PASeptember 17, 2014
really unprofessional. over worked and under paid. told to do impossible task in a short amount of time.
Great Wolf Lodge
Public advisor (Former Employee), MasonAugust 31, 2014
Working for Great Wolf Lodge was magical and it is a great place for kids to go to. I am glad to say that Great Wolf Lodge has a fun safe place to spend time with kids and family !
Fun work place with a water park!
Crew Member (Current Employee), Mason, OHAugust 30, 2014
I work with the food in the outlets. I have learned great customer service skills and how to make a grumpy customer into a happy customer. The hardest part about my job is making sure that everyone is on the same page as you. I love working in the water park part, because it is just a really fun environment.
productive workplace and working in a water park
Life Guard (Former Employee), Scotrun, PAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free food, get to ride rides, meet new people and swim
Cons: not being able to talk to the guest while your working
A typical day at Great Wolf Lodge would start off with a meeting with all the life guards and manager. we would practice our C.P.R and discuss any issues we had. Next we would go to our pool areas that we were assigned to for the day and guard our pools
At Great Wolf, iv'e learned C.P.R, how to properly rescues someone from drowning and what to do in – more... a situation where someone was unconscious.
In the water park where i worked, there were about 30 other guards on duty with me and we all looked after each other.
The hardest part of the day was making sure we looked at every square inch of the pool with over 50 guest in it to make sure everyone was safe.
The most enjoyable part of the day was closing time because once all the guest left the park, the employees were able to ride some of the rides before we left for the day. – less
Amazing workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great managers, great amount of hours
Cons: dirty job
I did laundry so I had to maintain the laundry in the shoot where all the used dirty laundry falls into. It'll be pool towels, sheets, pillow casing, bath towels and washcloths etc. I like to work hard and it was a hardworking team full of people like me so it was great. We loaded and unloaded washers and driers with tons of stuff all day then folded – more... it. It'll be thousands of cycles ran a day so it was a lot of lifting and work that had to be done in a certain amount of time. The hardest part was when maybe all the guys were off because I'd handle the shoot room alone. – less
Full of Energy
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAAugust 28, 2014
This place is full of life and the guest are incredible. There is always something new to explore and see
Very exciting place fast paced clean honest people
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSAugust 26, 2014
Great place to work honest people always clean overall experience was cool
Hospitality
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Mason, OhioAugust 24, 2014
Entry job, great for people in high school or college. Must be quick and very friendly. Overall, great atmosphere.
Already did this
Public Area Attendant (Current Employee), Mason, OHAugust 6, 2014
This is the second review I have done for this company. Management could be loads better.
Making a difference in customers life
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: holiday dinners
Cons: one lunch and one break
At Great wolf lodge I learned how to deal with irate guest and handling reservations that were incorrect. I enjoyed fixing those problems and making my guest happy. My co workers were willing to help with any issues I had any questions with.
fun people thats about it
retail (Current Employee), grapevineAugust 1, 2014
Tons of people not that much enjoyment. People there are nice to work with and fun only thing that makes it worth it.
Fun place to work if you like kids and water parks.
Receiving/Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee), Grapevine TxJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free water park access, cheap employee room discounts
Cons: to much micro managing, no room to really grow.
I learned a lot about hospitality and resorts. Management is ok but they start to care about the bottom line more than their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co workers. Great place to be part of a team. Hardest part of the job is during holidays and we had a ton of shipments coming in.
Great summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Fitchburg, MAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free pass to water park, co-workers
Cons: management
Being a lifeguard at Great wolf started as a great job. Soon after awhile, I started to dislike the job due to the management, miss communication between co-workers and mangers. Didn't work with your availability that you submitted.
Friendly work environment
Arcade Attendant (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: tips, food, friendliness
Cons: lowered pay
A typical day is usually spent taking orders at the register or by phone, serving appetizers then helping put together the main course and serving it to the customers table. It's a good day at the end of the day and everyone gets to go home with a tip in their pocket. The managers are kind and do their best to work around your schedule.
An excellent group of people to work with.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Lake Delton, WIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free water park usage, discounts, 401k
Cons: it requires monthly and weekly training.
To anyone trying to get a job with this company. It is a great company, everyone that works there is generally very happy and friendly. They want you to do well, and they will provide the means to move up if you show that you really want to. And even if you don't. They will always show you respect and do everything in their power to make sure that your – more... working life is tolerable with scheduling or whatever else they can offer. The hardest part of the job, is actually saving someone that's difficult to save or seriously injured. Very rarely do you encounter that. But the job is definitely an experience worth having. – less
Fun and friendly work environment
Ambassador of Fun (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great pay for a teenager
Cons: being the only guy on staff
- Make customers laugh and say awwww and make kids smile. Anything from arts and crafts to bed time stories to getting in costumes could be expected to give the people what they want.

- Learned:
Adaptability
Flexibility
Patience
Customer Service
How to satisfy people in a business sense

- Management was always fun, friendly, and understandable. As – more... long as the customers were happy... the boss was happy.

- Co-workers were interesting... I was the only guy. So there was too much drama and gossip for my taste but there were moments of enjoyment. It taught me how to adapt to a difficult co-worker environment.

- Hardest part of the job is having patience and continually putting others happiness before your own.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing others be happy and satisfied and knowing it was my efforts that caused such a beautiful emotion. – less
good energy, everyone is outgoing
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Fitchburg, MAJuly 19, 2014
everyone at Great Wolf is nice and friendly.
the hardest part of the job is jumping in the water to help a kid.
Loved the Corporate Members but it lost the shine
Night Auditor/Memory Creator (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: it's a waterpark! so employees got to go to it.
Cons: although i did see people move up, they started hiring management from out of house.
I started working here when it first opened in Williamsburg, the Corporate Trainers were awesome. The Great Wolf Brand was amazing. But after we started hiring more and more people who weren't being trained by corporate - the brand got lost and it wasn't as great a vibe anymore. They have been bought by another company since then so not sure about current – more... brand/training. – less

Great Wolf Lodge Photos