Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hospitality
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Mason, OhioAugust 24, 2014
Entry job, great for people in high school or college. Must be quick and very friendly. Overall, great atmosphere.
Already did this
Public Area Attendant (Current Employee), Mason, OHAugust 6, 2014
This is the second review I have done for this company. Management could be loads better.
Making a difference in customers life
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: holiday dinners
Cons: one lunch and one break
At Great wolf lodge I learned how to deal with irate guest and handling reservations that were incorrect. I enjoyed fixing those problems and making my guest happy. My co workers were willing to help with any issues I had any questions with.
fun people thats about it
retail (Current Employee), grapevineAugust 1, 2014
Tons of people not that much enjoyment. People there are nice to work with and fun only thing that makes it worth it.
Fun place to work if you like kids and water parks.
Receiving/Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee), Grapevine TxJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free water park access, cheap employee room discounts
Cons: to much micro managing, no room to really grow.
I learned a lot about hospitality and resorts. Management is ok but they start to care about the bottom line more than their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co workers. Great place to be part of a team. Hardest part of the job is during holidays and we had a ton of shipments coming in.
Great summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Fitchburg, MAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free pass to water park, co-workers
Cons: management
Being a lifeguard at Great wolf started as a great job. Soon after awhile, I started to dislike the job due to the management, miss communication between co-workers and mangers. Didn't work with your availability that you submitted.
Friendly work environment
Arcade Attendant (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: tips, food, friendliness
Cons: lowered pay
A typical day is usually spent taking orders at the register or by phone, serving appetizers then helping put together the main course and serving it to the customers table. It's a good day at the end of the day and everyone gets to go home with a tip in their pocket. The managers are kind and do their best to work around your schedule.
An excellent group of people to work with.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Lake Delton, WIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free water park usage, discounts, 401k
Cons: it requires monthly and weekly training.
To anyone trying to get a job with this company. It is a great company, everyone that works there is generally very happy and friendly. They want you to do well, and they will provide the means to move up if you show that you really want to. And even if you don't. They will always show you respect and do everything in their power to make sure that your – more... working life is tolerable with scheduling or whatever else they can offer. The hardest part of the job, is actually saving someone that's difficult to save or seriously injured. Very rarely do you encounter that. But the job is definitely an experience worth having. – less
Fun and friendly work environment
Ambassador of Fun (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great pay for a teenager
Cons: being the only guy on staff
- Make customers laugh and say awwww and make kids smile. Anything from arts and crafts to bed time stories to getting in costumes could be expected to give the people what they want.

- Learned:
Adaptability
Flexibility
Patience
Customer Service
How to satisfy people in a business sense

- Management was always fun, friendly, and understandable. As – more... long as the customers were happy... the boss was happy.

- Co-workers were interesting... I was the only guy. So there was too much drama and gossip for my taste but there were moments of enjoyment. It taught me how to adapt to a difficult co-worker environment.

- Hardest part of the job is having patience and continually putting others happiness before your own.

- Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing others be happy and satisfied and knowing it was my efforts that caused such a beautiful emotion. – less
good energy, everyone is outgoing
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Fitchburg, MAJuly 19, 2014
everyone at Great Wolf is nice and friendly.
the hardest part of the job is jumping in the water to help a kid.
Loved the Corporate Members but it lost the shine
Night Auditor/Memory Creator (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: it's a waterpark! so employees got to go to it.
Cons: although i did see people move up, they started hiring management from out of house.
I started working here when it first opened in Williamsburg, the Corporate Trainers were awesome. The Great Wolf Brand was amazing. But after we started hiring more and more people who weren't being trained by corporate - the brand got lost and it wasn't as great a vibe anymore. They have been bought by another company since then so not sure about current – more... brand/training. – less
professional and fun place to work
Spa Host (Current Employee), Concord, NCJuly 14, 2014
love working with all the children that come into the spa , giving families a great experience something to always remember, great team and management, experience in customer service and retail, trained on different products to better the skin and balance a healthy life
Fun and fast-paced working environment
Gift Shop Associate (Former Employee), Mason, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: limited advancement
Customer service
Point of Sale
Returns
Offer credit cards and store loyalty cards
could be very fun to work just depended on the day
Housekeeping floor supervisor (Former Employee), Sandusky oh 44824July 6, 2014
Pros: could get rooms at a discount and enjoy the water park
Cons: working all the holidays and weekends
met lots of great people while there. was sad when original supervisor retired. being a hotel you worked weekends and holidays. loved to meet up with my girls in the morning and get ready to start our day
Such a fun place to work
Guest and Customer Service/Hostess (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 6, 2014
Management was awesome, got along with all my co workers had no problem.
Fun place to work
Park Attendant - in the water park (Former Employee), Scotrun, PAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: help was always avaliable
Cons: indoor water park was very hot
I worked in the water park at Great Wolf Lodge. I would go to work and make sure that all of the bathrooms were cleanned and walked around the water park to make sure that there were not any wet towels on the floor.
What I have learned is that cleanness is the way to make people happy and when on their vacation that is the only way they want to feel.
Management – more... were there to make sure if there were any questions that they were there to help.
Co-workers were fun there. They were always willing to help me when walking around the park picking up wet towels.
The hardest part of the job would be that it was very hot in the indoor water park.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that the food was really good there was a snack bar in the water park. Or if you wanted to get food outside the park you could go outside the park in the air conditioner. – less
The most enjoyable part of my job
Lead/Cook/Cashier/Order Puller (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXJuly 4, 2014
i would have to say dealing with upset customers, I know it sounds weird but i just love how i can approach an angry or upset customer and handle their issue and they leave with a smile on their face and eventually spend more money with us.
Great place to work.
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WIJuly 1, 2014
Provide customer service, multitasking, training newly hired staff
Guest Services
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Kansas City KSJune 6, 2014
I worked in Guest Services checking guests in and out of rooms. Great Wolf Lodge taught me a lot about guest services and the importance of guest satisfaction. I really enjoyed this job.
If you like kids, it is a great place!
Nail Technician (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHMay 28, 2014
It overlooked the pool, so I would see the kids playing in the water, then the little girls would come in with great big smiles on their cute little faces waiting for either a manicure or pedicure. They would get treated like princesses. The management was great, they were proactive, one lived right around the corner, so she would come in if needed. – more... My co-workers were great, also! The hardest part of my job, was that it was seasonal. I wished I could have stayed there! The most enjoyable part of the job, was that because it was such a new location, everyone got a hand in making the place work, not just corporate! – less