Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A OK place to work, Very stressfull
Banquet Bartender, Waiter (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIOctober 31, 2014
Pros: not much to offer, few benfets
Cons: banquets changed from making tips to hourly pay
Over Raite
New Foods and Drinks
Management did a good Job
Enjoy working withall my Co-workers
The harsted part was having to be at work somedays at 5:00 AM
Enjoyable part was my co-workers
Good first job experience
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee), Mason, OhioOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free park entrances on off days, employee discount
Cons: management
A typical day included an early morning review session over CPR skills and swimming skills. I learned how to oversee people in pools who may have problems swimming or need assistance. The co-workers were all great to work with and the management wasn't the greatest. The hardest part of the job was actually jumping in to save people. I think this was difficult for me because I was so young at sixteen years old. Looking back, yes it was difficult but if I were to do it now, I wouldn't have a problem with it. The most enjoyable part of my job was riding the rides before the park opened and sharing laughs with my co-workers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Grand Mound, WAOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at work is either a slow pace or fast pace, depends on the day of the week.
Rewarding and fun place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Grapevine TexasOctober 6, 2014
Pros: meeting people from all over
Cons: short breaks, short shifts, late hours and working all holidays
A typical day at work I would read the board in the back office to make sure if there are any groups coming in and any other things that I would be able to know before check in begins during the day. Through out the day I would be standing the front desk assisting the guests on getting registered and checking into their rooms and taking payment. I have learned many things from working at Great Wolf. One being to start taking the most effective role. I get along really well with my co workers, sometimes we all even hang out when we're all off. The most enjoyable part of the job is to help the families that visit make their vacation something they will never forget!
Fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Grapevine, TexasSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: fun, easy
I was a lifeguard here for a few years. I loved it, my schedule was great and paid well. Great co-workers
great place to work
Bartender/ Waitress (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Great wolf is an amazing place to work, positive environment, great people, good money.
Very Nice and comfortable work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Very educational. Training was provided free. The shifts were brutal. Sometimes 14 hours of watching cameras or walking the hallways. For the low wages, it wasn't very worth it.
really disliked working here
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Scotrun, PASeptember 17, 2014
really unprofessional. over worked and under paid. told to do impossible task in a short amount of time.
Great Wolf Lodge
Public advisor (Former Employee), MasonAugust 31, 2014
Working for Great Wolf Lodge was magical and it is a great place for kids to go to. I am glad to say that Great Wolf Lodge has a fun safe place to spend time with kids and family !
Fun work place with a water park!
Crew Member (Current Employee), Mason, OHAugust 30, 2014
I work with the food in the outlets. I have learned great customer service skills and how to make a grumpy customer into a happy customer. The hardest part about my job is making sure that everyone is on the same page as you. I love working in the water park part, because it is just a really fun environment.
productive workplace and working in a water park
Life Guard (Former Employee), Scotrun, PAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free food, get to ride rides, meet new people and swim
Cons: not being able to talk to the guest while your working
A typical day at Great Wolf Lodge would start off with a meeting with all the life guards and manager. we would practice our C.P.R and discuss any issues we had. Next we would go to our pool areas that we were assigned to for the day and guard our pools
At Great Wolf, iv'e learned C.P.R, how to properly rescues someone from drowning and what to do in a situation where someone was unconscious.
In the water park where i worked, there were about 30 other guards on duty with me and we all looked after each other.
The hardest part of the day was making sure we looked at every square inch of the pool with over 50 guest in it to make sure everyone was safe.
The most enjoyable part of the day was closing time because once all the guest left the park, the employees were able to ride some of the rides before we left for the day.
Amazing workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great managers, great amount of hours
Cons: dirty job
I did laundry so I had to maintain the laundry in the shoot where all the used dirty laundry falls into. It'll be pool towels, sheets, pillow casing, bath towels and washcloths etc. I like to work hard and it was a hardworking team full of people like me so it was great. We loaded and unloaded washers and driers with tons of stuff all day then folded it. It'll be thousands of cycles ran a day so it was a lot of lifting and work that had to be done in a certain amount of time. The hardest part was when maybe all the guys were off because I'd handle the shoot room alone.
Full of Energy
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAAugust 28, 2014
This place is full of life and the guest are incredible. There is always something new to explore and see
Very exciting place fast paced clean honest people
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSAugust 26, 2014
Great place to work honest people always clean overall experience was cool
Hospitality
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Mason, OhioAugust 24, 2014
Entry job, great for people in high school or college. Must be quick and very friendly. Overall, great atmosphere.
Already did this
Public Area Attendant (Current Employee), Mason, OHAugust 6, 2014
This is the second review I have done for this company. Management could be loads better.
Making a difference in customers life
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: holiday dinners
Cons: one lunch and one break
At Great wolf lodge I learned how to deal with irate guest and handling reservations that were incorrect. I enjoyed fixing those problems and making my guest happy. My co workers were willing to help with any issues I had any questions with.
fun people thats about it
retail (Current Employee), grapevineAugust 1, 2014
Tons of people not that much enjoyment. People there are nice to work with and fun only thing that makes it worth it.
Fun place to work if you like kids and water parks.
Receiving/Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee), Grapevine TxJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free water park access, cheap employee room discounts
Cons: to much micro managing, no room to really grow.
I learned a lot about hospitality and resorts. Management is ok but they start to care about the bottom line more than their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co workers. Great place to be part of a team. Hardest part of the job is during holidays and we had a ton of shipments coming in.
Great summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Fitchburg, MAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free pass to water park, co-workers
Cons: management
Being a lifeguard at Great wolf started as a great job. Soon after awhile, I started to dislike the job due to the management, miss communication between co-workers and mangers. Didn't work with your availability that you submitted.