Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews in Canada

Great start for first job.
Arcade Lead (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 24, 2013
Since working at Great Wolf Lodge I have learned a lot of the hospitality industry and how all departments have to work together as well as the day and night shifts.

An average day for me in the arcade would include gathering tokens from 100 games, ensuring each game has a proper amount of tickets. Assisting guests exchanging tickets for prizes at our redemption counter which at times can get extremely busy, and at times do small maintenance work on our games if a guest has a problem or if we noticed an issue.

The management I find is different throughout each department, each with their own issues and strongpoints.

The hardest part of the job for me was the lack of advancement possibilities. Focusing on labour, usually each department has 1 director, 1 manager , and about 2-3 supervisors at the most, and with most not leaving it is discouraging.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people, whether it be co-workers or guests seeing each of them and making sure guests have a smile when leaving makes it worth while.
Pros
discount rates, once a month waterpark privilege .
Cons
no included lunches, no overtime.
was there for four years and had to ask everyday for benifits and never got them
Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 25, 2013
management sucks,hr thinks their a union and works agains you more than with you when complaining about a manager or other staff . i was there for 4 yrs and never got benifits got my raises after fighting for them. easy to change departments if requested and applyed for
Pros
full time hours
Cons
low pay and no benifits they will say their at their quota.