Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara FallsJanuary 16, 2015
The people you meet and get to work with are great. I learned a great deal of communication skills and met a lot of people from different backgrounds.
Great Place To Work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 12, 2015
They make you feel like family and are very nice! They are very good people who will help you if ever needed.
sd sd sd sd sds d dsd s
Great staff, bad management
Outlets Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONOctober 22, 2013
I had a lot of fun working at great wolf lodge, but i found that some of the management had favourites and treated them differently.
Pros
good fun environment
Cons
weird strict rules
Great start for first job.
Arcade Lead (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 24, 2013
Since working at Great Wolf Lodge I have learned a lot of the hospitality industry and how all departments have to work together as well as the day and night shifts.

An average day for me in the arcade would include gathering tokens from 100 games, ensuring each game has a proper amount of tickets. Assisting guests exchanging tickets for prizes at our redemption counter which at times can get extremely busy, and at times do small maintenance work on our games if a guest has a problem or if we noticed an issue.

The management I find is different throughout each department, each with their own issues and strongpoints.

The hardest part of the job for me was the lack of advancement possibilities. Focusing on labour, usually each department has 1 director, 1 manager , and about 2-3 supervisors at the most, and with most not leaving it is discouraging.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people, whether it be co-workers or guests seeing each of them and making sure guests have a smile when leaving makes it worth while.
Pros
discount rates, once a month waterpark privilege .
Cons
no included lunches, no overtime.
fun environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 30, 2014
great employers, great atmosphere, great pay, great benefits if you can get fulltime status
Read these reviews carefully and think there is truth to them
Retail (Former Employee) –  Niagara FallsJanuary 21, 2014
I read the review before I applied for the job I did. And I wish I took the truth from what they said. I had been a guest numerous times I had a huge passion for the place. I was ideal to be working there as being a guest I know how to treat others.

This place runs on seniority and not job performance. Typical retail environment where people are nice to your face *those that even bother to acknowledge you* and talk behind your back. Preference is of course given to their friends they socialize with after work.

This job in itself was easy for me, great to talk to the guests, given responsibility right away which was great but when you are told you will be working a couple days, and a couple of evenings, and occasional and that in turn actually means you will be working every night, and every weekend. And told to suck it up it is what it is, well for a minimum wage job not worth the perks of a water park pass when its not busy and the discounts. Not even for me.

Told to put the lodge first above my family and I find that ironic bc it is a family place, and yet they treat their employees poorly. Would not work there, and will not stay there. I can now understand when I would visit the place why people looked so miserable.
Pros
the guests who were friendly, the kids so happy
Cons
as always management, lie about the hours