Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Niagara FallsJanuary 16, 2015
The people you meet and get to work with are great. I learned a great deal of communication skills and met a lot of people from different backgrounds.
terrible pay
Cash room (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, OnJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: none as an employee unless maybe you're management
Cons: rate of pay, hyper kids everywhere
I accepted a job in the cash room. I was in charge of counting all cashiers floats for the outlets, stocking up ATM's with cash, and soley responsible for a couple hundred thousand dollars daily. All for was $12.50 an hour. Shocked at the amount of responsibility for that rate of pay. Should have been $16-18 an hour. I worked less than 2 weeks and quit. I let them know how I felt about the wages for the position. Its an insulting rate of pay, especially after knowing a 2 day stay for a family of 4 costs $1300. They seem to genuinely care about customers, but not staff. Good first job for teenagers.
First class family fun
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 23, 2014
No time like a Great Wolf Time!
I have worked there since 2008 and it is great to work with families and children. It is not the regular hotel, Guests are very passionate about their families and that challenges us to provide them with a fun yet first class service.
fun environment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 30, 2014
great employers, great atmosphere, great pay, great benefits if you can get fulltime status
Housekeeping Room Attendant
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 27, 2014
Overall a disappointing experience, the management is very unfair at times and definetly play favourites.They do not look out for their employees or their best intrests. In terms of co-workers their is a lot of good people you get to work with! All of the room attendants are welcoming and warm. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unfair management and strict rules. If the management treated the employees the way the treated the guests the would have a lot more success in keeping people on their staff. Many managers use their power too their advantage and treat lower employees like dirt.
Busy and Eventful Work Environment
Arcade Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 17, 2014
A typical day at work consists of providing prizes for children in the arcade. I would fix games when problems arise and tend to guest needs. Cashier experience was gained on a daily basis as I had to sell tokens and prizes. The hardest part of the job was the patience required when you have the most indecisive child. I found that giving a child some suggestions on prizes and getting to know them a little better helped in the decision process. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on all of the childrens faces adn the parents appreciation given by thanks.
Read these reviews carefully and think there is truth to them
Retail (Former Employee), Niagara FallsJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: the guests who were friendly, the kids so happy
Cons: as always management, lie about the hours
I read the review before I applied for the job I did. And I wish I took the truth from what they said. I had been a guest numerous times I had a huge passion for the place. I was ideal to be working there as being a guest I know how to treat others.

This place runs on seniority and not job performance. Typical retail environment where people are nice to your face *those that even bother to acknowledge you* and talk behind your back. Preference is of course given to their friends they socialize with after work.

This job in itself was easy for me, great to talk to the guests, given responsibility right away which was great but when you are told you will be working a couple days, and a couple of evenings, and occasional and that in turn actually means you will be working every night, and every weekend. And told to suck it up it is what it is, well for a minimum wage job not worth the perks of a water park pass when its not busy and the discounts. Not even for me.

Told to put the lodge first above my family and I find that ironic bc it is a family place, and yet they treat their employees poorly. Would not work there, and will not stay there. I can now understand when I would visit the place why people looked so miserable.
Great staff, bad management
Outlets Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 22, 2013
Pros: good fun environment
Cons: weird strict rules
I had a lot of fun working at great wolf lodge, but i found that some of the management had favourites and treated them differently.
Productive fun workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: made a lot of new friends.
Cons: physically demanding.
A typical day at work would be to start by getting your list of rooms, having per-shift, going up to your floor getting your cart stocked and ready for the day. Then starting any rooms that were available, throughout the day depending on how your day went you may have to help others or receive help from others. How to be adaptable, and how to be a team player. I enjoyed my co-workers and interacted very well with them. Dealing with the occasional rude and ignorant guest. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the happy kids and positive messages left from customers who were satisfied with the quality of service they received.
Great start for first job.
Arcade Lead (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 24, 2013
Pros: discount rates, once a month waterpark privilege .
Cons: no included lunches, no overtime.
Since working at Great Wolf Lodge I have learned a lot of the hospitality industry and how all departments have to work together as well as the day and night shifts.

An average day for me in the arcade would include gathering tokens from 100 games, ensuring each game has a proper amount of tickets. Assisting guests exchanging tickets for prizes at our redemption counter which at times can get extremely busy, and at times do small maintenance work on our games if a guest has a problem or if we noticed an issue.

The management I find is different throughout each department, each with their own issues and strongpoints.

The hardest part of the job for me was the lack of advancement possibilities. Focusing on labour, usually each department has 1 director, 1 manager , and about 2-3 supervisors at the most, and with most not leaving it is discouraging.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people, whether it be co-workers or guests seeing each of them and making sure guests have a smile when leaving makes it worth while.
was there for four years and had to ask everyday for benifits and never got them
Cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: full time hours
Cons: low pay and no benifits they will say their at their quota.
management sucks,hr thinks their a union and works agains you more than with you when complaining about a manager or other staff . i was there for 4 yrs and never got benifits got my raises after fighting for them. easy to change departments if requested and applyed for

Great Wolf Lodge Photos