Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

Great Co-workers, Terrible Managers
outlet attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 October 2016
If you're looking for a fun and enjoyable place to work at this is not the place for you. All of the staff members are fun and easy to get along with ..... but the supervisors and mangers don't know what they're doing so they treat their staff like they don't matter or as if they're invisible. I worked there for almost 2 years, and I hated going into work everyday.
good first job.... that is it!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 September 2016
Most pep talks before our day were negative. Management were really amazing and understanding when it came schedule, if you have two part time jobs. I felt like I lived and breathed the work environment. It is not a healthy job choice. It got super hot in summer. No ventilation. You breath in chemicals all day from the water. They made it a stressful job when it doesn't have to be. Very good at staying on top of training and making sure we knew our skills, a little too much. It came to a point when we see a Supervisor we would look at them more then our water. Which is not a good thing.
Pros
flexiable hours.
Cons
long days. asthma, heat rash
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 August 2016
Management was good, but not very considerate when it came to booking time off. Was a good job for gaining customer experience.
Pros
free buffet food
Cons
rude tourists
Amazing Environment
Water Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 August 2016
-Typical day at work would meet, great and HOWL! Make sure everyone is comfortable and having fun but also following safety guidelines.
-I learned that you can do you job and keep everyone safe but also have a lot of fun doing it.
-Management is great they make sure to keep you on your toes, and make sure you know what you are doing.
-Co-workers have a ton of energy and it transfers to you making the environment fun and gives the a family feeling.
-Hardest part would be trying not to constantly howl.
-Most enjoyable part was for sure the howling and going down slides every now and then.
Pros
Howls, going down slides every now and then
Did more harm than good
Cub Club Attendent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 July 2016
Working at great wolf lodge was pretty absurd. You would get called off of your shift 1 hour before the shift (which sucks if you live further away because you're already ready to go and then they call you off). There is absolutely no guarentee about the hours they are going to give you because half of your shifts get called off anyways. It looks like you're getting hours, then they take them all away.

Management is a joke. They lie and pick favorites. You'd think that managers of such a large company would realize that people sucking up to them and buying them gifts and socializing with them doesn't mean that they are productive workers. Worked with some of the laziest people I have ever met. Picked up their slack and they got all the credit of course.

Employees in this department are extremely fake. They make little cliques with each other and then talk to people to get information from them, and then talk about them behind their backs. Super two-faced. There could be bullying in the work place and management would do nothing about it. Ridiculous.

The mascot costumes were extremely unsanitary and unsafe. Simply spraying the costume after use is probably not disinfecting it at all. Makes sense why peoples faces would break out. Employees would let children climb on people in the costumes and people are required to stand in these costumes for long periods of time. Not the best idea for someones health, especially when they are forced to be outside in the summer in them.

It makes a good first job for the first few months, and then you realized how ridiculous everything
  more... about it is. It might look good on a resume but the negative effects that this job had on me (like going home from work crying after more than half of my shifts) is not what a job should be like.  less
Pros
Looks good on a resume
Cons
Management, hours, how you are treated, health and safety
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 June 2016
Nice Place to work. Friendly environment and friendly supervisors. Fun place to work that provides many benefits for the people that work there
Water Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 April 2016
 Ensured that clients were supplied all services and amenities
 Maintained consistent sanitary and aesthetic conditions in facilities
Pros
Good team to work
Cons
Salary
Busy Workplace, Lots of Angry Tourists
Aquatics - Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 April 2016
Awful experience with this company. I worked there for three years and my department manager had no idea what my name was. Guards receive constant harassment from management and supervisors. Little to no bathroom breaks. Long shifts spent standing and walking (8+ hours a day, all spent standing and walking sometimes up to 10km a day.)
Pros
Friendly Fellow Employees, Free Waterpark Passes
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Supervisors, Expected To Walk 10km + A Day, Minimum/ No Bathroom Breaks
Horrible place to work.
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 February 2016
I worked there for just under 3 years in Guest Services and I can honestly say I hated at least 2 of them. Everything was great in the beginning. Everyone was super welcoming and friendly. They really try to sell you on the idea that they care about their employees which is a load of bull. The management really plays favorites, and if they don't like you they make sure you know it. They will lie right to your face, and you have ZERO job security there. I'm not sure if it's the same with all departments but in that particular department the staff was DISGUSTINGLY underpaid for the amount of work that was expected. They have implemented a new raise policy, but they make it near impossible to qualify for it. And if you do expect to be our the door because they clearly don't want to pay their staff anymore than they have to. About a month or so after I received my raise I was let go of due to "incompetence". After 3 years I was no longer competant enough to do my job? Riiiiiiight. Not to mention you can kiss any sort of a social life goodbye once you sign your life away to them. You will eat, sleep and breathe this place. It's funny their motto is "we make time for your family", except for their employees families, clearly. And expect to be HOUNDED to pick up shifts om your days off, and if you don't then be prepared to be reemed out for it. Also, forget about asking for time off cause you'll almost never get it. Even if you're part time you're treated like a full time worker, but you know, minus the decent pay and benefits. I'm not sure if all locations are like this, but I would  more... tell anyone to STEER CLEAR OF THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.  less
Pros
Made awesome friends working there.
Cons
Way too many to list.
Productive positive work place :)
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 February 2016
Great Wolf Lodge is by far the best job I have ever had. Very positive place of employment. The staff had great team skills and worked as one. :)
Great job and team
Retail and Attractions Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 November 2015
great place to work, fun atmosphere and managers at department level try to make workplace fun and productive. workplace is busy consistently and you work year round which makes it difficult to balance social and work life
Fun environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario6 October 2015
Very fast paced energetic work environment, great place to be if you like kids. At Great Wolf we try our best to provide immaculate guest service to ensure happy repeat customers! or as we like to call them, "loyal wolves" !
Pros
they provide lunch
Cons
poor hours
Aquired CPR, Life Saving and First Aid
lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 October 2015
Learned a lot about life saving, A very strict job, Zero tolerance. I met a lot of great co workers there and are still friends with most of them.
Sloppy Workplace with no employee appreciation.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA10 September 2015
Management is petty and childish. The Lodge would be a better place if they had different managers. From the employee relations team to the different department managers are all biased and there is a slight indication of Racism as they do not promote anyone of color to Department Directors regardless of tenacity and years of experience.
Pros
looks good on a resume
Cons
Underappreciated is the biggest Con. Treated like a number and not an individual.
Good Work Place
Water Park Attendant (Current Employee) –  Aquatics8 September 2015
Comfortable and always welcoming. Very flexible with hours and time off requests. Always looking to help employees and show appreciation towards employees
good
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 June 2015
i liked to work there it was an ok place to work for

I liked my co-workers they were good people

you should work there

I liked the lunches they had in the lunch machine
Great Place To Work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 February 2015
They make you feel like family and are very nice! They are very good people who will help you if ever needed.
sd sd sd sd sds d dsd s
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls16 January 2015
The people you meet and get to work with are great. I learned a great deal of communication skills and met a lot of people from different backgrounds.
terrible pay
Cash room (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, On6 January 2015
I accepted a job in the cash room. I was in charge of counting all cashiers floats for the outlets, stocking up ATM's with cash, and soley responsible for a couple hundred thousand dollars daily. All for was $12.50 an hour. Shocked at the amount of responsibility for that rate of pay. Should have been $16-18 an hour. I worked less than 2 weeks and quit. I let them know how I felt about the wages for the position. Its an insulting rate of pay, especially after knowing a 2 day stay for a family of 4 costs $1300. They seem to genuinely care about customers, but not staff. Good first job for teenagers.
Pros
None as an employee unless maybe you're management
Cons
Rate of pay, hyper kids EVERYWHERE
First class family fun
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 October 2014
No time like a Great Wolf Time!
I have worked there since 2008 and it is great to work with families and children. It is not the regular hotel, Guests are very passionate about their families and that challenges us to provide them with a fun yet first class service.

Great Wolf Lodge Reviews by Location