Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Slide Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 January 2017
i would push family and children down the slides i knew first aid in case someone had an accident on deck working at the lodge was an overall great time but i loved meeting new families and all the little kids i would always recognize faces very well and if families ended up coming back i would make sure to knowledge them each time
Great Co-workers, Terrible Managers
outlet attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 October 2016
If you're looking for a fun and enjoyable place to work at this is not the place for you. All of the staff members are fun and easy to get along with ..... but the supervisors and mangers don't know what they're doing so they treat their staff like they don't matter or as if they're invisible. I worked there for almost 2 years, and I hated going into work everyday.
Employees are not as valued, Low pay for the amount of work...
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON31 December 2016
Very busy work environment, your day goes by so fast. Alot of standing, you do NOT get a break if you work less than 6 hours. Most customers are good but there are some really demanding and rude guests.

So far I have nothing bad to say about my co-workers, mainly younger part-time students. My trainer is really great and knowledgeable and most of the senior front desk pack agents are very helpful.

The hardest part of the job is the repetitive tasks and standing on your feet for 5 hours non stop unless you work 6 hours or more then you get an unpaid 30 minutes break. The pay is not the greatest either for the amount of work you do. Forget about benefits, you get none! The supervisors are very pushy meaning every second is kept tracked and accounted for once you are on shift. Time off requests, most likely not even if your part time.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Part time, erratic days offs, Low pay, No benefits.
good first job.... that is it!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 September 2016
Most pep talks before our day were negative. Management were really amazing and understanding when it came schedule, if you have two part time jobs. I felt like I lived and breathed the work environment. It is not a healthy job choice. It got super hot in summer. No ventilation. You breath in chemicals all day from the water. They made it a stressful job when it doesn't have to be. Very good at staying on top of training and making sure we knew our skills, a little too much. It came to a point when we see a Supervisor we would look at them more then our water. Which is not a good thing.
Pros
flexiable hours.
Cons
long days. asthma, heat rash
Amazing Environment
Water Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 August 2016
-Typical day at work would meet, great and HOWL! Make sure everyone is comfortable and having fun but also following safety guidelines.
-I learned that you can do you job and keep everyone safe but also have a lot of fun doing it.
-Management is great they make sure to keep you on your toes, and make sure you know what you are doing.
-Co-workers have a ton of energy and it transfers to you making the environment fun and gives the a family feeling.
-Hardest part would be trying not to constantly howl.
-Most enjoyable part was for sure the howling and going down slides every now and then.
Pros
Howls, going down slides every now and then
lively atmosphere, flexible schedule supportive team
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 October 2016
Fast paced high demand company flexible schedule team oriented job requires discipline many policy and procedures strict discipline procedures for work performance.
Pros
fundraisers
Cons
no benefits
Horible and bad place to be
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 February 2017
It sucked you did everything even at time managers duties, they sucked that's what I learned. management micro managed. culture sucked. everything. nothing
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 August 2016
Management was good, but not very considerate when it came to booking time off. Was a good job for gaining customer experience.
Pros
free buffet food
Cons
rude tourists
Busy Workplace, Lots of Angry Tourists
Aquatics - Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 April 2016
Awful experience with this company. I worked there for three years and my department manager had no idea what my name was. Guards receive constant harassment from management and supervisors. Little to no bathroom breaks. Long shifts spent standing and walking (8+ hours a day, all spent standing and walking sometimes up to 10km a day.)
Pros
Friendly Fellow Employees, Free Waterpark Passes
Cons
Bad Management, Bad Supervisors, Expected To Walk 10km + A Day, Minimum/ No Bathroom Breaks
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 June 2016
Nice Place to work. Friendly environment and friendly supervisors. Fun place to work that provides many benefits for the people that work there
Water Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 April 2016
 Ensured that clients were supplied all services and amenities
 Maintained consistent sanitary and aesthetic conditions in facilities
Pros
Good team to work
Cons
Salary
Sloppy Workplace with no employee appreciation.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA10 September 2015
Management is petty and childish. The Lodge would be a better place if they had different managers. From the employee relations team to the different department managers are all biased and there is a slight indication of Racism as they do not promote anyone of color to Department Directors regardless of tenacity and years of experience.
Pros
looks good on a resume
Cons
Underappreciated is the biggest Con. Treated like a number and not an individual.
Great job and team
Retail and Attractions Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 November 2015
great place to work, fun atmosphere and managers at department level try to make workplace fun and productive. workplace is busy consistently and you work year round which makes it difficult to balance social and work life
Productive positive work place :)
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 February 2016
Great Wolf Lodge is by far the best job I have ever had. Very positive place of employment. The staff had great team skills and worked as one. :)
Fun environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario6 October 2015
Very fast paced energetic work environment, great place to be if you like kids. At Great Wolf we try our best to provide immaculate guest service to ensure happy repeat customers! or as we like to call them, "loyal wolves" !
Pros
they provide lunch
Cons
poor hours
terrible pay
Cash room (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, On6 January 2015
I accepted a job in the cash room. I was in charge of counting all cashiers floats for the outlets, stocking up ATM's with cash, and soley responsible for a couple hundred thousand dollars daily. All for was $12.50 an hour. Shocked at the amount of responsibility for that rate of pay. Should have been $16-18 an hour. I worked less than 2 weeks and quit. I let them know how I felt about the wages for the position. Its an insulting rate of pay, especially after knowing a 2 day stay for a family of 4 costs $1300. They seem to genuinely care about customers, but not staff. Good first job for teenagers.
Pros
None as an employee unless maybe you're management
Cons
Rate of pay, hyper kids EVERYWHERE
Housekeeping Room Attendant
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 August 2014
Overall a disappointing experience, the management is very unfair at times and definetly play favourites.They do not look out for their employees or their best intrests. In terms of co-workers their is a lot of good people you get to work with! All of the room attendants are welcoming and warm. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unfair management and strict rules. If the management treated the employees the way the treated the guests the would have a lot more success in keeping people on their staff. Many managers use their power too their advantage and treat lower employees like dirt.
Busy and Eventful Work Environment
Arcade Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 April 2014
A typical day at work consists of providing prizes for children in the arcade. I would fix games when problems arise and tend to guest needs. Cashier experience was gained on a daily basis as I had to sell tokens and prizes. The hardest part of the job was the patience required when you have the most indecisive child. I found that giving a child some suggestions on prizes and getting to know them a little better helped in the decision process. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on all of the childrens faces adn the parents appreciation given by thanks.
Productive fun workplace
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 September 2013
A typical day at work would be to start by getting your list of rooms, having per-shift, going up to your floor getting your cart stocked and ready for the day. Then starting any rooms that were available, throughout the day depending on how your day went you may have to help others or receive help from others. How to be adaptable, and how to be a team player. I enjoyed my co-workers and interacted very well with them. Dealing with the occasional rude and ignorant guest. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the happy kids and positive messages left from customers who were satisfied with the quality of service they received.
Pros
Made a lot of new friends.
Cons
Physically demanding.
was there for four years and had to ask everyday for benifits and never got them
Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 February 2013
management sucks,hr thinks their a union and works agains you more than with you when complaining about a manager or other staff . i was there for 4 yrs and never got benifits got my raises after fighting for them. easy to change departments if requested and applyed for
Pros
full time hours
Cons
low pay and no benifits they will say their at their quota.

Great Wolf Lodge Reviews by Location