Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Year Round Employment Available
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 September 2017
The Lodge has a unique atmosphere as it caters to children and families that our typically celebrating something special. Its an honor to join the guests in their celebrations.

Choosing to work at the lodge was a great decision for me. I have gained amazing skills and knowledge, not to mention confidence in dealing with the public.

The wages and benefits are competitive with the industry but the best part is that it is year round employment. There are many perks for pack members including free use of the waterpark for their family and discounted room nights and merchandise.

If you are passionate about hospitality this is the place to work in Niagara, the Lodge has everything you need to enjoy a rewarding career.
Pros
complimentary use of the Lodge for my family
Cons
Very busy = job security
I so wanted to like it here
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 August 2017
I moved here, after being a guest at this place 8 times in less than that many years so I was grateful and excited to work here.

I worked Retail, and while I enjoyed the guest experience, loved doing what I did, whether it was stuffing bears, filling stations but it was so disappointing that it is based on hierarchy not experience or the fact that you are better at customer service than those who are there from the time it opened based on that they have job security and you don't.

Breaks start the minute you leave your register, go through the busy lobby and down three flights of stairs into a dark damp basement to eat. Again disappointed to find that the food in the vending sounds good because it's lodge food but it is not maintained proper at all. You barely get a break before you have to go back.

The other problem I had was being told false information, if I was told I would be working every night and every weekend compared to being told by HR, hired days and a couple of nights would of been one thing but I went here based on HR.

I loved this place as a guest, but as an employee, knowing what they have us pay as a guest, I expect the GM to treat all staff proper.

My final straw was, I was the only one with young kids on Christmas Morning, a lady from MagiQuest said she would work my shift to spend the time with my family so it wouldn't be necessary for me to go in. I was so grateful till I was told by the one sub Manager. no, I need to take my turn.

How a family place can not treat their employees family like a guest is meaning you are just a number,
  more... replaceable.  less
Pros
It's Great Wolf lodge, atmosphere from Guests are great
Cons
Management as always
Do not work here
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 April 2017
Worked here as a lifeguard for over a year, the worst job i have ever had. Bad conditions, short breaks, and your're normally walking for your entire shift. Pay is also much less than it is at city pools. Extremely difficult to get time offf and managers are not very accomedating. Do not recommend, there are much better places to work.
I enjoy my work at its peak,because I am very interested and dedicated to my job
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 January 2017
It is really an amazing place to works.The management is very good.its an interesting place for vsitors,especially children can enjoy a lot.i really like the environment there and it is a great place to work
Pros
Very co operative staff and great place to work
Cons
I really enjoy being there.i could not find any draw backs
Employees are treated worse than dirt.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON24 March 2016
Save yourself, and do not apply here. After one shift you will want to hand in your uniform. Management treats employees like garbage - especially in the waterpark. You will be bullied daily by your supervisors. The money is not worth it either, there are far better jobs where you are actually valued as a person and not just another applicant out of a hundred other applicants.
Cons
too many chiefs, not enough indians
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 February 2016
the housekeeping dept is short staffed on a daily basis. most days you are doing the work of 2 for the pay of less than one. constant threat of write ups for stupid reasons such as having 1 days stuble on your face when the GM is always shaving then regrowing his beard. would not be surprised if i were to get a write up for this!
Pros
its a job
Cons
its the hardest job i have ever done in 26yrs
Fun but want to do something new
LIFEGUARD (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls7 September 2015
The Great Wolf Lodge is a very enjoyable place to work, where you will meet plenty of new people because of the amount of employees. They always know how to make the day a good day. but wanted to try something new and go into restaurants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Wolf Lodge - Niagara. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8