Great West

Great West Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful place to Work
Assistant Manager, Network Support and Operations (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 12, 2012
Longevity is a norm with this company. People enjoy working here. Management is supportive. Peers are knowledgable in their fields.
Great Company
Implementation Analyst (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COJune 6, 2012
Pros: security, personal, offices, general care fro employees.
I had a change of heart and wanted to pursue my Master's Degree in Education, however due to a health insurance problem I was unable to accomplish my dream. Great-West was a great company, with vision, management, and community awareness. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone.
Part-Time Position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Englewood, COMay 15, 2012
Was given the latitude to create new and time efficient forms for the department and organize computer file system with document control.
Great people and great company to work for
Developer (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 2, 2012
Great West Life offered me many great experiences which include, working with user groups, coding daily with the latest Microsoft technologies, and working closely with a great group of developers.
Stale outdated finance group
Anonymous (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMay 2, 2012
Too many people in the same job too long. Little mobility and creativity. Using outdated processes and systems.
Challenging
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 30, 2012
Pros: overtime offered
Cons: training went too fast
I really enjoyed this job, it was different from the work I had previously done in the past. It was challenging and rewarding. The people were wonderful to work with, very helpful and understanding.
Poor business practices
Group Retirement Plan Correspondent (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 30, 2012
Pros: beautiful buildings, a great cafeteria.
Cons: even though they have a health insurance plan, it does not cover a lot.
Quite by accident, I discovered that the management team used spies to report to the management team on how co-workers were doing and what they were saying about the workplace. I was accidentally added to an email that floated back and forth between the department manager and supervisors suggesting people to be their spies for performance. I brought – more... this to the manager's attention and she did apologize. I wish now that I had reported it to HR. – less
BAD place to work; managers are manipulative
Software engineer (Current Employee), Greenwood Village ColoradoApril 28, 2012
Pros: great benefits, but you will be laid off after 2 years
Cons: don't know what the heck they're doing, many duplicated processes and inefficiencies
Stay away from this company! It is "old school" and years ago may have been a great, respectable place to work. Not now. They are behind the times, very antiquated processes, inefficient, manipulative managers (especially the HR department). They can't keep good people and there is a reason for that!
Great enviornment and very professional.
Retirement Plan Specialist (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 26, 2012
Cannot say anything bad about this company. The people are wonderful and the upper managemet has it together.
Productive workplace
Temporary Relationship Services Assistant (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COMarch 21, 2012
I have worked at this company through a temp agency, and it is a nice place to work, in my opion.
Roofing
Roofing (Current Employee), Panorama CityFebruary 20, 2012
Cons: no healthcare
It is an manageable job, its an honest pay but also I worked long hours under the sun.
Enjoyable, Laid-back environment
Business Analyst IV (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COFebruary 2, 2012
I very much enjoyed working at GWL as it was laid-back and the people were a great bunch of fun-loving and caring folks. There was a great chance of advancement and job security. I very much felt a loyalty to this company.
Great Mid-Level Mangers
Account Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 13, 2012
Pros: experienced, knowledgeable, helpful managers
Cons: salaries
The teams at Great-West (FASCore) are led by constructive individuals who work in the trenches along side their teams. Middle-management at Great-West, unlike many companies, is the primary reason for their success.
Productive and well organized, uplifting morale, overtime and merit recognized.
I paid health and dental claims. (Former Employee), Detroit, MI Renaissance CenterJanuary 8, 2012
Pros: overall great company.
Cons: i had to pay $45 monthly for parking 18 years ago, the company has since left mi.
I truly enjoyed working for Great West Life. I was persistent with the supervisor, as I had no experience with paying claims.. she interviewed me and hired me right away to give me a chance. I don't recall the length of time I was in training, but the people, the management and the way the productivity was handled was all great. I left them to help – more... my brother with his business, although I hated to, it was a great company. I put my family first. – less
Environnement peu propice aux idées
Formatrice/ Rédactrice sinistre principale (Current Employee), MontrealSeptember 6, 2013
Je fais les questions de tous les rédacteurs sinistres. J'offre un suivi au nouveau employé. Je dois vérifiée les mises à jour, s'assurer qu'il n'y ai pas d'erreur. Coup de main au superviseur et assistant superviseur. Offre de la formation polyvalente, formation continue ou formation aux nouveaux employés.

About Great West

Great-West Financial helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered – Read more

Great West Photos