Great West

Great West Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
WFM…watch out...
Scheduling Analyst (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, CoMarch 4, 2014
Cons: manager runs the team like its her household and your her child, the teammates will throw you under the bus every chance they get.
This company was nothing what i thought it was. If you applying for WFM…beware of the management and the team. Hands down one of the worst places I've worked in my entire career.
Great West is not a good place to work
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 22, 2014
Lots of downsizing and job elimination going on - and when they eliminate your job they blame you for poor performance
CIGNA daily routine
Eligibility Analyst Associate (Former Employee), 8505 E Orchard Rd, Greenwood Village, CO. 80111January 1, 2014
Pros: parking garage. pto arrangements. work environment and location close to home.
Cons: multiple platforms that required secuity passwords to be regularly changed.
Daily duties varied from week to week. Phone contact, meetings, report and data evaluations were a day to day requirement. Management is based in CT.

Job duties became more difficult in the process of coordinating outsourcing the job functions to overseas employees who were not proficient in English which required drafting template letters and standardized – more... responses verbal and written.

Most details to the job are confidential and cannot be shared as part of a confidentiality agreement between Cigna and their employees. – less
No loyalty to employees
Plan Technical Support (Former Employee), Glendale, WIOctober 16, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: schedule, unattainable goals, management
Unattainable goals - goals were often set too high to meet resulting in failure. Management will set a person up to fail and then terminate them rather than fire them up front. Much favoritisim towards certain employees while others are left out. No loyalty to the employees what so ever. If you work here, just know that you can always be replaced and – more... will be at the drop of a hat. Management acts like they are in high school - they talk about each other and employees with no respect. – less
Awesome location but there is not too many chances for advancement.
Check Team Administrator (Current Employee), Englewood, COSeptember 24, 2013
Everyday I comply with the policies and plans to make sure the checks are disbursed correctly.
There are better companies to work for.
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee), VirginaSeptember 5, 2013
You work from home. You manage a book of 200 to 300 clients.

You handle enrollment meetings, plan reviews, and annual reviews.
Great flexible hour schedule
Case Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 27, 2013
A typical day- first 6 months was 1/2 day of training
Management-was probably the best management I've seen so far in my work history. All Management is required to go through an approval process to lead.
Hardest part of the job-More work than the 7 hour work day and no paid overtime.
Most enjoyable part- Ice cream was delivered to our desks on a cart – more... 1 day every month.
Benefits-were excellent except for the salary. – less
A place you can learn a lot
Development DBA (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 19, 2013
You can move around and learn a ton here. Loads of nice co-workers, managers and a decent life to work balance.
Best team work and learning environment for future goals
Administrator Processor - Broker Compensation (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 13, 2013
Pros: training was subperb and able to change work load and expand knowledge
Cons: n/a
Daily goals for workflow that was imperative to setup, entry adjustments, research and correct any issues before close of business. Answer phone calls from internal and external clients to solve issues.

Management and co-workers were always available to talk through and and help solve issues.

Used many type of computer programs and constantly learning – more... new technical products.

My favorite part of my job was performing yearly & monthly audits and finding and solving problems. Especially enjoyed contacting a client to inform them of an issue that was solved in their favor. – less
Great

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Although Great-West Financial Services was a good place to work, the job was very stressful and demanding.
Retirement Plan Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, WIApril 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits and great salary.
Cons: job very stressful and demanding.
A typical day at Great-West consisted of assisting employers, participants and Third Party Administrators with questions and problems regarding thier retirement plan. Assisting employers, participants and Third Party Administrators navigating the Great-West Financial Services website. Assisting Account Managers with thier block of retirement plan business. – more... Updating retirement plan contacts, information and investments. I learned alot about the retirement plan industry. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, they where very knowledgeable and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was the stress and the demands. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with the questions they had about thier retirement plan. – less
Great, secure work environment.
ACCOUNT RESEARCHER (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 12, 2013
Great West Life was a fantastic company to work for. It had great pay, great benefits, and job security which is hard to come by. My duties changed from day to day which I really enjoyed. I was challened each day by being faced with new problems,
Job was too stressful
Customer Service Representative/Business Analyst 1 (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2013
- Busy
- co-workers were stuck up
- manager played favorites
- Being able to halp a client
I have been with Great-West Financial for 22 years.
Senior Software Tester and Business Analyst (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: stable company with options for advancement
Cons: team leads need management training
Good company. Ready to move on. I have worked at Great-West for over 20 years. They have treated me well. I am ready to move on.

QA - test plans, testing, defect tracking
BA - Requirements gathering in a complicated system

Management could use training.

Dealing with uninformed Leads

Dealing with the user area to for requirements and UAT Testing.
Good Comany
Staff Accountant / Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, CODecember 14, 2012
Cons: na
Reconciled bank accounts, recorded bank deposits and wire transfers, performed monthly journal entries in SAP Financials, assisted with month-end closing process, prepared and distributed financial statements to management, trained employee to maintain fixed assets accounts and prepare depreciation schedule.
Performed Payroll bi-monthly process. Reconciled – more... payroll accounts, performed monthly journal entries, processed garnishments. – less
answer accident report calls
ocp (Former Employee), South Sioux City, NENovember 14, 2012
take reports, confirm coverages, assign appropriate adjusters
Great place to work, great team work and Management
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2012
Handle telephone and written correspondence from employers, providers and clients. Processing medical, vision, hospital and disability claims. Handling customer service and aiding in the resolution of eligibility and provider issues.
Good work conditions, very ethical company with good benefits
Business Systems Analyst - Special Project (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, covered parking, good benefits
Cons: very difficult to advance
Provides a very clean safe work environment.Flexibility with hours of work. Had close relationships with co-workers. Worked under minimum supervision. Annual reviews of my work were excellent.
One of the most Employee Considerate/Friendly Companies
Health Claim Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: atmosphere, attitude of management, upstanding, reliable computor programs
Cons: unfortunate outside economic situation that caused tamp office to be closed in 2000.
Consistant work, additional training/assistance available. Healthy environment. Productive, always an opening to learn and do more. Challanging and satisfying.
Company is held high in esteem due to the fact that the Tampa office was chosen to close, Certain individuals ( I myself) were offered Transfers to other offices. A sign of a Real Company
This job rocked! Would still be there if Charleston office was open.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: good benefits, great atmosphere
Could clock in from 5am to 9am. Usually as early as I could. I learned is sounds better if you say it with a smile. I loved customer service and helping clients better understand their benefits. As long as they were smiling or better understood what was going on with their issue by time I was done with them, I felt I did a good job and earned my money.

About Great West

Great-West Financial helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered – Read more

Great West Photos