Great West Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Objectid oriented attitude
Spécialiste de gestion de Configuration (Former Employee), WinnipegJanuary 4, 2013
good management
friendly, helpful co-workers
overall enjoyable job task, including problem solving
good job
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: parking
I feel that working at Great West Life is a good job. The pay is good, and the work is constant. The benefits are excellent.
I would process claims either in paper or electronically. There is a lot of reading involved as every company has different types of policies. I would read the policy and compare the information in the claim and assess it accordingly. The supervisors are good. The co-workers are friendly. Generally, you work independently so there isn't any teamwork necessary for my position. The hardest part of the job is to be as accurate and as fast as you can be. The most enjoyable part of the job is freedom to work independently.
Great atmosphere, safe and wonderful management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 27, 2012
Pros: great working condition
Cons: parking downtown is difficult to secure if you are new, the in-house parking is by seniority.
Great-West Life is probably one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. The employees are treated with respect and compensated well. The physical structure of the building is strategically located, and the surrounding atmosphere is very welcoming. You are truly going to be a proud employee of this company.
Productive and supportive environment
Claims Processor (Data Entry, term) (Former Employee), WinnipegSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: lots of room for advancement, low stress environment
Cons: the monotonous nature of the work
A typical day involved sorting of claims and data entry.
I learned about insurance benefits, and medical and dental coverage
Management was supportive and very hands on when it came to helping employees excel and in creating a stress free envioronment
Coworkers were outgoing and friendly
The hardest part of the job was the monotonous nature of the work
The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment
Great Company
Senior Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 26, 2012
Pros: travel throughout ns
Cons: you had to work hard to get advancement.
Worked over 17 years, advancement was good, pay could have been better. Not unionized or covered by workers comp. Management changed alot due to production numbers with sales. Coworkers were great. Hardest part of job was changing as the industry changed. Enjoyed helping my clients who appreciated all I did for them. Miss this job alot.
Very accomodating and fun loving atmosphere
Book keeping Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2012
This is an MGA for Insurance. I have been working with them for some time now though only part time. , I can go whenever and do my data entry, account payable and account recieveable work. I even do their filing work, handle their faxes, call the advisors and I work 2-3 days and that too for 2-3 hours so they have made it flexible for me to come anytime between ten to six.
The Staff is so good and helpful and I look forward to the next day.
The Manager is a gem of a person.
As I am a licensed Insurance Advisor I understnd their work and I enjoy it too.
Junior Clerk
Junior Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBJuly 16, 2012
Pros: location
Great West Life was a great place to work, the people that you work with are very nice and friendly. I did not have any problems working there. Great people and great location.
Great place to work with great people
Transaction Processor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 26, 2012
Pros: gym
Amazing company that really takes care of their employees
Great people
Beautiful facilities
Programs to aid in advancement
very good company to work for
Claims processor (Former Employee), London, OntarioJune 17, 2012
Pros: make your own hours
A typical day at work was to get your claims from your drawer and key them in quickly and accurately.

The management and my co-workers were very easy to work with.

I enjoyed my time working with GWL.
Great place to work aside from less oppertunity of advancment
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2012
Pros: mountain view, 2 bedroom, on call every second weekend.
Cons: wage, recognizing my accomplishments.
started out working with a great team. From Senior management to My co-workers. one of the senior management personnel left, and as did the rest leaving just me. After almost a year exactly it being there I was called by an old coworker, who offered me the position with Transglobe and wage increase. This job here with GWL, was great in most aspects aside from wage.
Je m'ennuie
AGENT DE SAISIE DE DONNEES / SOUTIEN ADMINISTRATIF (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 2, 2016
Pros: Horaires flexibles
Cons: Management, répétition des tâches
Le travail ne me convient pas, je ne peux pas laisser libre court à mes prises d'initiatives, mes idées ou même mon avis. J'ai besoin de beaucoup plus de liberté pour m'épanouir.
la Great West Life offre un excellent environnement de travail pour ses employés.
Agent aux assurances (Former Employee), Montréal- Centre-villeJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Très bon horaire
Cons: Courtes pauses
Un horaire fixe qui permettait d'avoir un bel équilibre entre vie familiale et vie sociale.
J'ai beaucoup appris dans le domaines des assurances privées et collectives.
L'aspect de plus agréable de mon poste fut d'avoir à assumer des taches à grandes responsabilité, cela représentait en quelques sorte un challenge.
Environnement peu propice aux idées
Formatrice/ Rédactrice sinistre principale (Current Employee), MontrealSeptember 6, 2013
Je fais les questions de tous les rédacteurs sinistres. J'offre un suivi au nouveau employé. Je dois vérifiée les mises à jour, s'assurer qu'il n'y ai pas d'erreur. Coup de main au superviseur et assistant superviseur. Offre de la formation polyvalente, formation continue ou formation aux nouveaux employés.