Great West

Great West Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best team work and learning environment for future goals
Administrator Processor - Broker Compensation (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 13, 2013
Pros: training was subperb and able to change work load and expand knowledge
Cons: n/a
Daily goals for workflow that was imperative to setup, entry adjustments, research and correct any issues before close of business. Answer phone calls from internal and external clients to solve issues.

Management and co-workers were always available to talk through and and help solve issues.

Used many type of computer programs and constantly learning – more... new technical products.

My favorite part of my job was performing yearly & monthly audits and finding and solving problems. Especially enjoyed contacting a client to inform them of an issue that was solved in their favor. – less
Great

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Although Great-West Financial Services was a good place to work, the job was very stressful and demanding.
Retirement Plan Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, WIApril 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits and great salary.
Cons: job very stressful and demanding.
A typical day at Great-West consisted of assisting employers, participants and Third Party Administrators with questions and problems regarding thier retirement plan. Assisting employers, participants and Third Party Administrators navigating the Great-West Financial Services website. Assisting Account Managers with thier block of retirement plan business. – more... Updating retirement plan contacts, information and investments. I learned alot about the retirement plan industry. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, they where very knowledgeable and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was the stress and the demands. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with the questions they had about thier retirement plan. – less
Great, secure work environment.
ACCOUNT RESEARCHER (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 12, 2013
Great West Life was a fantastic company to work for. It had great pay, great benefits, and job security which is hard to come by. My duties changed from day to day which I really enjoyed. I was challened each day by being faced with new problems,
Job was too stressful
Customer Service Representative/Business Analyst 1 (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2013
- Busy
- co-workers were stuck up
- manager played favorites
- Being able to halp a client
I have been with Great-West Financial for 22 years.
Senior Software Tester and Business Analyst (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: stable company with options for advancement
Cons: team leads need management training
Good company. Ready to move on. I have worked at Great-West for over 20 years. They have treated me well. I am ready to move on.

QA - test plans, testing, defect tracking
BA - Requirements gathering in a complicated system

Management could use training.

Dealing with uninformed Leads

Dealing with the user area to for requirements and UAT Testing.
Good Comany
Staff Accountant / Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, CODecember 14, 2012
Cons: na
Reconciled bank accounts, recorded bank deposits and wire transfers, performed monthly journal entries in SAP Financials, assisted with month-end closing process, prepared and distributed financial statements to management, trained employee to maintain fixed assets accounts and prepare depreciation schedule.
Performed Payroll bi-monthly process. Reconciled – more... payroll accounts, performed monthly journal entries, processed garnishments. – less
answer accident report calls
ocp (Former Employee), South Sioux City, NENovember 14, 2012
take reports, confirm coverages, assign appropriate adjusters
Great place to work, great team work and Management
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2012
Handle telephone and written correspondence from employers, providers and clients. Processing medical, vision, hospital and disability claims. Handling customer service and aiding in the resolution of eligibility and provider issues.
Good work conditions, very ethical company with good benefits
Business Systems Analyst - Special Project (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, covered parking, good benefits
Cons: very difficult to advance
Provides a very clean safe work environment.Flexibility with hours of work. Had close relationships with co-workers. Worked under minimum supervision. Annual reviews of my work were excellent.
One of the most Employee Considerate/Friendly Companies
Health Claim Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: atmosphere, attitude of management, upstanding, reliable computor programs
Cons: unfortunate outside economic situation that caused tamp office to be closed in 2000.
Consistant work, additional training/assistance available. Healthy environment. Productive, always an opening to learn and do more. Challanging and satisfying.
Company is held high in esteem due to the fact that the Tampa office was chosen to close, Certain individuals ( I myself) were offered Transfers to other offices. A sign of a Real Company
This job rocked! Would still be there if Charleston office was open.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: good benefits, great atmosphere
Could clock in from 5am to 9am. Usually as early as I could. I learned is sounds better if you say it with a smile. I loved customer service and helping clients better understand their benefits. As long as they were smiling or better understood what was going on with their issue by time I was done with them, I felt I did a good job and earned my money.
Great company with great values and service model
Institutional Plan Services Account Manager (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COAugust 9, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: benefits could improve
I love working here. There is job security and many opportunities to grow within.
Turn & Burn Mentality
Training Consultant (Former Employee), Greenwood VillageJuly 28, 2012
Lack of support, vision and commitment best describe this company culture. Business units are highly siloed and knowledge is power. So cooperation bewtween units is low and knowledge sharing is guarded.
Helping policy holders with policy questions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Scott KansasJune 29, 2012
I learned there are numerous types of personalities out there and how to handle each one of them. The hardest part of the job was having to tell a policy holder their services are not covered. We had great managers and great co-workers. I enjoyed working at Great West. Wish they had not sold to CIGNA.
Been here 6 years - great experience
Sr Manager (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COJune 29, 2012
Pros: location, covered parking, cafeteria, strong management.
Cons: conservative culture. no fast track for advancement.
I've worked at Great-West for six years. It's not the flashiest employer but it's steady work. Great-West provides great services in the markets they operate in. Some areas have long hours. Good company size - not too small but not so large that you're just a number. Good onsite cafeteria at home office. Opportunity for advancement if you're a strong – more... performer. Not a place to fast track your career though. – less
great place to work
office claims processor (Former Employee), South Sioux City, NEJune 20, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: no cons
over 11 yrs ago mgnt was great, people were great ..........................................................................................................................................
ok place to work
Cash Researcher Analyst, Operations (Current Employee), Greenwood Village CoJune 14, 2012
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: long hours
no opinion long hours and some employees that would rather talk than work
Wonderful place to Work
Assistant Manager, Network Support and Operations (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 12, 2012
Longevity is a norm with this company. People enjoy working here. Management is supportive. Peers are knowledgable in their fields.
Great Company
Implementation Analyst (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COJune 6, 2012
Pros: security, personal, offices, general care fro employees.
I had a change of heart and wanted to pursue my Master's Degree in Education, however due to a health insurance problem I was unable to accomplish my dream. Great-West was a great company, with vision, management, and community awareness. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone.

About Great West

Great-West Financial helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered – Read more

Great West Photos