Great West Employee Review

Great West Life was a little fish swimming in a big Insurance pond
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ON17 September 2013
Great West Life is a great company however was very rigid with the employees ( limited flexibility with work/life consideration) .
I had to sign on at 9:00am promptly I could not deviate by one second. however if the call should exceed 5:00 pm there was no compensation or appreciation for the extra time unless the call exceeded 20 minutes.
The Verbiage was so rigid that I was dinged for saying have a nice day instead of a solid good by at the end of the call.
I was shocked that they adapted to a very cold uncaring manner on a call rather then a friendly caring manner. .
I felt that after working for Sun Life financial I could not stop comparing the two companies and felt that Great West Life was a very little fish swimming in a very big Insurance pond and could not match to the level of professionalism Sun Life Financial offered.
Management was not supportive of the employees never gave us the
benefit of the doubt.
I was accused of hanging up on a caller when that was not the case I searched and found PROOF to the contrary and when the proof was provided I did not receive the apology I was awarded.
They have a week training team and Managers.
My co-workers were friendly and worked with their heads down low to keep out of managements radar.
I didn't like the way the people where treated there.
The best part of the job was the pleasant co-workers( excluding
management) people felt very depreciated in this company.
Pros
The best part of the job was the pleasant co-workers( excluding
Cons
people (I) felt very depreciated in this company.

Other Great West Employee Reviews

Fast paced and competitive environment over all
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2018
I enjoyed my work experience at Great West, however it was only a 2month contract and I had to find a more stable job.

I learned so much when I was there and the opportunity to advance was vast as they have their own intranet where you can take courses at your free time.

It was fun!
JC
Pros
online free certificates
Cons
Fixed Monday to Friday
Fast paced work enviroment.
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 January 2018
I'm new to the company but they offer lots of support to new employees. They have a great benefit and incentive package for all employees. Staff and management are always willing to answer questions and want you to succeed.
Pros
Lots of support in the CRS position.
Cons
I had to sign a 2 year commitment to this particular job, so there is no advancement to other positions for two years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West. Our community is ready to answer.