Great West Employee Review

A diverse multiculture and a productive company to work with
IT Security Analyst (ISO) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba30 October 2013
A typical day at work is managing major security incidents for specific sites by actively monitoring vulnerabilities and exploits and taking appropriate decision in a timely manner. Provide professional security expertise to business, I.S. management and technology by conducting security vulnerability and risk assessment and identifying security solutions. Work with complex issues and investigations where a variety of specialized techniques and methods are applied and may not be always standardized and prescribed.
I have learned a lot about the industry infrastructure and specially the culture. I have provided guidance and training to some I.S. staff in and out of our department.
We have a healthy relationship in the ISO and we have a lot of respect with each other.
Their are a few challenges/tasks that I have encountered and one of those is by creating the EDIR security database structure and web application from ground up.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the challenges, complexity and entirety as a whole,
Pros
ISO Officers and Security Analyst meetings and discussions
Cons
Long hours of extra work in security site development

Other Great West Employee Reviews

Fast paced and competitive environment over all
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2018
I enjoyed my work experience at Great West, however it was only a 2month contract and I had to find a more stable job.

I learned so much when I was there and the opportunity to advance was vast as they have their own intranet where you can take courses at your free time.

It was fun!
JC
Pros
online free certificates
Cons
Fixed Monday to Friday
Fast paced work enviroment.
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 January 2018
I'm new to the company but they offer lots of support to new employees. They have a great benefit and incentive package for all employees. Staff and management are always willing to answer questions and want you to succeed.
Pros
Lots of support in the CRS position.
Cons
I had to sign a 2 year commitment to this particular job, so there is no advancement to other positions for two years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West. Our community is ready to answer.