Great West Employee Review

A diverse multiculture and a productive company to work with
IT Security Analyst (ISO) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba30 October 2013
A typical day at work is managing major security incidents for specific sites by actively monitoring vulnerabilities and exploits and taking appropriate decision in a timely manner. Provide professional security expertise to business, I.S. management and technology by conducting security vulnerability and risk assessment and identifying security solutions. Work with complex issues and investigations where a variety of specialized techniques and methods are applied and may not be always standardized and prescribed.
I have learned a lot about the industry infrastructure and specially the culture. I have provided guidance and training to some I.S. staff in and out of our department.
We have a healthy relationship in the ISO and we have a lot of respect with each other.
Their are a few challenges/tasks that I have encountered and one of those is by creating the EDIR security database structure and web application from ground up.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the challenges, complexity and entirety as a whole,
Pros
ISO Officers and Security Analyst meetings and discussions
Cons
Long hours of extra work in security site development

Other Great West Employee Reviews

Organised and competitive environment
Wholesaler/ Product Manager (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC5 November 2017
I love working in a competitive environment that can stimulate my intelligence and creativity
I love a job that keep me intellectually active in development people to succeed in the financial industry
Pros
Discipline, integrity
Cons
routine
Diversified work
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
I was able to be challenged and I was not always doing the same tasks everyday. I learned how to book appointments for claimants and set up claims for STD claims or LTD claims.
Pros
Flexible work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West. Our community is ready to answer.