Great West Employee Review

Very stifling and poor work conditions
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia18 February 2014
Considering this is an insurance company the employee benefits package is very basic, whilst it markets work life balance it's flextime program is far from flexible, expect a lot of productivity controls if you work here, expect to have more work than you can realistically achieve, expect to sit at your cubicle and work long hours without recognition. There is little opportunity for advancement, education is not supported or promoted, co workers will police your time of arrival, departure, breaks, personal calls, etc in an effort to curry favour with management that provides inconsistent feedback, poor support, and poor communication.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Long hours, poor benefits, stifling atmosphere, regimented hours, too much work

Other Great West Employee Reviews

Fast paced and competitive environment over all
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2018
I enjoyed my work experience at Great West, however it was only a 2month contract and I had to find a more stable job.

I learned so much when I was there and the opportunity to advance was vast as they have their own intranet where you can take courses at your free time.

It was fun!
JC
Pros
online free certificates
Cons
Fixed Monday to Friday
Fast paced work enviroment.
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 January 2018
I'm new to the company but they offer lots of support to new employees. They have a great benefit and incentive package for all employees. Staff and management are always willing to answer questions and want you to succeed.
Pros
Lots of support in the CRS position.
Cons
I had to sign a 2 year commitment to this particular job, so there is no advancement to other positions for two years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West. Our community is ready to answer.