Great West Employee Review

Former employee
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg20 January 2014
Just recently left GWL as a claims processor and a co-worker was let go due to not meeting expectations. Stress of meeting their expectations was too much. When they took my co-worker to another office to meet with HR to let her know the news, they packed up her desk and handed everything to her in a plastic garbage bag. Very classy. 3 weeks of training and god help you if you struggle when you hit the floor. Weekly meetings about how poorly you are doing but as you improve it doesn't matter. It still isn't what they expect.

Other Great West Employee Reviews

Fast paced and competitive environment over all
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2018
I enjoyed my work experience at Great West, however it was only a 2month contract and I had to find a more stable job.

I learned so much when I was there and the opportunity to advance was vast as they have their own intranet where you can take courses at your free time.

It was fun!
JC
Pros
online free certificates
Cons
Fixed Monday to Friday
Fast paced work enviroment.
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 January 2018
I'm new to the company but they offer lots of support to new employees. They have a great benefit and incentive package for all employees. Staff and management are always willing to answer questions and want you to succeed.
Pros
Lots of support in the CRS position.
Cons
I had to sign a 2 year commitment to this particular job, so there is no advancement to other positions for two years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great West. Our community is ready to answer.