Great West Kenworth

Great West Kenworth Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly environment
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 April 2016
Typical day required to sell parts over the counter with occasional customer visitations. I have learned to be attentive to customer needs, hard working and driven.
i am not a fan of management as i worked for them for years and always felt like a number rather than an employee.
hardest part of the job was acquiring new customers to the location as it was new and didn't have a service department as most customers were looking for this.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
lack of personal touch
Keep looking
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge11 December 2014
I have been with GWKW for a number of years. The company pushes you to work overtime, until it is slow for 1/2 a day then they send you home. Other companies are paying better and the benefits aren't that great. Not the worst place I've worked, but certainly not the best.
Pros
Good guys on the floor to work with.
Cons
Management only cares about the bottom line, no "family" atmosphere.
Great Work/Life Balance and Great People to work with
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary10 January 2014
During our employee surveys the #1 reason why our employees like it at GWKW are the people they work everyday. We have a very solid group of employees that I am proud to work with each day. Our owners are very trusting of our management team and employees and allow us to try out new ideas if we think they will benefit the bottom line.

It's common to work with people around you who have been with the company for 10, 20, 30 years. Our records is 50 years with the company and that is not the owner or founder but one of the first employee hired in 1958.

We pride ourselves of being a very stable and financial responsible company, and when the economy gets tough we ride it out instead of automatically doing mass layoffs like those other guys.

The company has been very good to me over the last 8 years and I truly enjoy coming to work each day and working with our awesome team.
Pros
Location, people, career development and stability
Cons
High pressure, fast past, high standards - not for those that just want to get by
Stable friendly work environment with family values at its core.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2014
I started at Greatwest in 2006 as a technician and immediatly felt at home here. The staff were friendly and approachable while I was settling in. Over the years I managed to advance myself to supervisor, shop foreman and more recently to Service Manager. The company rewards positive individuals that strive to make a difference and is also one of the top paying OEM Service shops in Calgary. Greatwest provides its staff with a finincially stable work environment with opportunity for advancement and the benifits are great also. I know my family has benifited from me working here with the use of company benifits and top pay.
Pros
Social get-togethers and friendly environment
Cons
Getting qualified technicians in the fast pased Alberta economy

2.8