Great West Kenworth

Great West Kenworth Employee Reviews

Great Work/Life Balance and Great People to work with
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 10, 2014
During our employee surveys the #1 reason why our employees like it at GWKW are the people they work everyday. We have a very solid group of employees that I am proud to work with each day. Our owners are very trusting of our management team and employees and allow us to try out new ideas if we think they will benefit the bottom line.

It's common to work with people around you who have been with the company for 10, 20, 30 years. Our records is 50 years with the company and that is not the owner or founder but one of the first employee hired in 1958.

We pride ourselves of being a very stable and financial responsible company, and when the economy gets tough we ride it out instead of automatically doing mass layoffs like those other guys.

The company has been very good to me over the last 8 years and I truly enjoy coming to work each day and working with our awesome team.
Pros
location, people, career development and stability
Cons
high pressure, fast past, high standards - not for those that just want to get by
Stable friendly work environment with family values at its core.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2014
I started at Greatwest in 2006 as a technician and immediatly felt at home here. The staff were friendly and approachable while I was settling in. Over the years I managed to advance myself to supervisor, shop foreman and more recently to Service Manager. The company rewards positive individuals that strive to make a difference and is also one of the top paying OEM Service shops in Calgary. Greatwest provides its staff with a finincially stable work environment with opportunity for advancement and the benifits are great also. I know my family has benifited from me working here with the use of company benifits and top pay.
Pros
social get-togethers and friendly environment
Cons
getting qualified technicians in the fast pased alberta economy