We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual who can work with minimum supervision and is results driven to join our team.
Great Northern Engineering Consultants Inc. is a progressive engineering consulting company specializing in Electrical Engineering, Traffic Systems and Intelligent Transportation Systems. At GNEC we endeavor to maintain a workplace that is stimulating and supportive – our people is our strength.
- Preparing detailed designs for lighting, traffic signal and ITS electrical systems using Autocad.
- Taking incoming civil road, survey, legal CAD drawings, and cleaning up unnecessary layers, converting these xref layers to the applicable CAD standards for projects, applying project specific CAD standards related to layers, linetypes, viewport scales, xref controls, plotting CTB files.
- Setup of project sheet sheets that have the base drawing titlesheet/template used to create the electrical details overtop of the road, survey, legal xref model plan.
- Work with designer at drafting up markups on specifics for lighting, traffic signal, ITS infrastructure, i.e. poles, conduit, wiring, elevations, details.
- Carry out review of work to check against CAD presentation standards prior to submitting drawings to technician or engineer for review.
- Plot out drawings on half and full size PDF and paper medium, organize transmittals for sending drawing packages to clients.
- Communicate with CAD/Project manager on progress of work, communicate on required time to complete assignments.
- Frequent interaction with other team members regarding project requirements and progress updates.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-year diploma in Engineering Technology from a recognized technical institute.
- Proficient with drafting tools such as AutoCAD bonus would be someone familiar with Microstation.
- A complete understanding of using xref controls, autocad drawing unit types, how to create drawings of various scales such as 1:500, 1:250, 1:75, how to insert blocks made in different units such as mm or ft into a drawing that has metres as the base units.
- An understanding of lisp routines or newer customization methods within Autocad to simplify routine tasks.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Microsoft windows environment navigating through network folders, using explorer search features to find files.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of taking initiative, possess excellent communication skills, and is adept at utilizing resources and solving technical challenges.
Compensation & Benefits:
*-Candidates selected for interview will be asked to show their Autocad skills through some standardized tests the company has created*
We offer competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume in confidence to:
202 - 8525 Baxter Place
Burnaby, BC V5A 4V7
Please include position title and your name in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, but will contact only those who have been selected for interviews.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Great Northern Engineering Consultants provides consulting services in the fields of transportation electrical systems, small industrial...