Great Canadian Dollar Store Employee Reviews in Canada

it is a fun job at times
senior clark (Former Employee) –  Florenceville, NBMay 22, 2016
the hardest part of the job was to get some workers to do what they needed to be doing. so if it didnt get done i would go do it myself so it would be done and i would take to the manger about it later to just let them know
Pros
two 15 min break
Cons
hours was like 25 a week
Was a great place to work.. owners where like family.
Cashier/Customer Service... Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONAugust 25, 2015
Started my day at work at 8:30. Opened the store and set up cashes for workers. Took and received orders , priced merchandise and put on the floor. Managed the workers breaks and lunches and relieved them when needed. I enjoyed this job as it gave me many opportunities to do different jobs and interact with the public . I balanced the tills in the evening and did bank deposits. I loved working for this store as my boss was such a great person and friend.
Pros
Got to do many jobs so nothing got boring.
Cons
Kept busy all the time but enjoyed it.
Productive workplace, learned new skills.
Owner / Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, ABMarch 12, 2015
Operated all day to day duties including handling a five person staff team. Handled all contracts, suppliers, ordering, A/P A/R, all clerical duties.
productive place to work.
Cashier/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Goulds, NLNovember 9, 2014
I Worked a 7 hr day. I learned cash and merchandising. Got along with my co-workers and enjoyed lunch breaks with them. The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult customers. Overall it was a full-filling day!
Pros
providing great customer service.
My review of Great Canadian Dollar Store
Customer Service Representative/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 9, 2014
My time at the Dollar store was the best expirence ever. I was hired as Key holder. I opened / closed store. I would do Merchanising from scratch. Did window displays. I would run cash and within a year I was Asst. Store Manager. I would handle all store duties from doing Bank deposits to Ordering product to handleing co-workers concerns and schedules.

I learned about markups as well as ordering.

My manager was great to work for. he listened to my ideas and concerns.

And my co-workers were helpful. In a management position I had a good working relationship with my co-workers

The hardest part of this job was not taking it home. I found I would be thinking of work related ideas or concerns to address the next day.

The best part??? was the feeling of satisfaction at the end of the day that some how I made a difference to my customers that day
Pros
close to home, reasonable hours
Cons
store was closed
first job experience as cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 17, 2013
good management and friendly and organized atmosphere to work at
Pros
free lunches in a month
co-workers were friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NLApril 2, 2013
store was very busy which was good, realy likes the product in the store
Pros
lots of hrs
Cons
sometime there was stressful enviroment
Productive, enjoyable, fun, educational each day
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONSeptember 16, 2012
Even though each day started out with the same job requirements it would always end up with new experiences..the staff, the customers, the sales reps, head office would add to the diversity of the workday. It was not always good but it would be a learning experience, this is what I would love..being abe to figure out how to deal with new dilemas I loved my staff, the owner of the franchise, the territory manager, and head office. This company was the best to work for..I just wish the locations didn't have to close
Pros
wonderful company to work for..family run with family first values
Cons
not enough franchises in my area to transfer to when others closed down

4.3