Great Canadian Casinos

Great Canadian Casinos Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not recomended as an empoyer at Dawson Creek
security officer (Current Employee), Dawson Creek, BCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, paychecks have not bounced
Cons: no overtime, long days, not enough pay for the northern living
The company has a terrible time keeping staff. Its really disheartening to work with cowokers who all want to leave. the only way to make money in this place is to work the gaming floor which is riddled with long hours, no overtime and no happy employees. The security job starts $14.65 an hour while 80 kms away the same job in FSJ makes $17 an hour – more... to start but is run by a different company. they have benefits but they have been getting smaller and smaller as years go by. You cant blame the management of the site for low pay job but some of the penny pinching is too much. I do NOT recommend this employer unless you get into gaming. Also the other company's Pay for the GPEB application which requires a passport photo. $70.00 – less
Superior core values and a great stepping stone.
Security Officer, River Rock Casino resort (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 20, 2012
Pros: 3 meals a day, great benifits, good pay and rewarding work environment
Cons: long hours, fast paced
I don't like casinos and don't gamble, yet for a year I had enjoyed an extraordinary experience on a professional and personal level. As a security officer I had the pleasure of sensing comradery and teamwork (resembling my military service). From my supervisors and managers I received objective support and guidance in times of need. Great Canadian – more... Casinos and River Rock Casino in particular believe that hard work and dedication deserve rewarding and truly know how to utilize the unique sets of skills accumulated by its professionals.
If you're honest, trustworthy and customer service oriented you probably will find a home there for a long time. Having said that RRCR is a demanding, competitive (and fun) work environment, most of the people have high work ethics and take pride in their jobs, if you don't take your work seriously you might have a rough time making friends. If your applying for a job with Security bear in mind this is NOT your regular security gig, be prepared to resolve problems with diplomacy...
Hope you enjoy your experience as much as I did. – less
An exciting, fast paced competitive environment.
Slot Shift Manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCAugust 27, 2012
A good company that provided opportunity to advance and improve ones skill set.
A company with a great Guest Service program
Security Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 6, 2012
Pros: good corporate identity
The work/life balance is great, and so is the sense of ownership over the business processes and operations, that the corporate culture entrusts with people.

About Great Canadian Casinos

Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is a multi-jurisdictional gaming, entertainment and hospitality operator with 17 gaming facilities, – Read more