Great Canadian Casinos Employee Review

View all Great Canadian Casinos reviews

Superior core values and a great stepping stone.
Security Officer, River Rock Casino resort (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 December 2012
I don't like casinos and don't gamble, yet for a year I had enjoyed an extraordinary experience on a professional and personal level. As a security officer I had the pleasure of sensing comradery and teamwork (resembling my military service). From my supervisors and managers I received objective support and guidance in times of need. Great Canadian Casinos and River Rock Casino in particular believe that hard work and dedication deserve rewarding and truly know how to utilize the unique sets of skills accumulated by its professionals.
If you're honest, trustworthy and customer service oriented you probably will find a home there for a long time. Having said that RRCR is a demanding, competitive (and fun) work environment, most of the people have high work ethics and take pride in their jobs, if you don't take your work seriously you might have a rough time making friends. If your applying for a job with Security bear in mind this is NOT your regular security gig, be prepared to resolve problems with diplomacy...
Hope you enjoy your experience as much as I did.
Pros
3 meals a day, great benifits, good pay and rewarding work environment
Cons
long hours, fast paced

Other Great Canadian Casinos Employee Reviews

can be fun
Dealer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 August 2017
Was a great way to work for a number of years. good benefits, profit sharing. promotions from within. community support, events. overall a great place to work.
Horrible
Cage and Coin Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 July 2017
Horrible management. Noroom for movement. a lot of bullying. Too much favouritism to employees that have been there long time. Example being longer breaks. Avoid at all cost.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Everything else