Great Canadian Casinos

Great Canadian Casinos Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace, good benefits and salary. Work shifts are hard as I work night/graveyard shifts.
Surveillance Operator (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 30, 2016
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner. Good health benefits.
Cons: Long hours. Graveyard shifts.
My work is a fun place to work at. We do a lot of multi-tasking, answering phones, radio calls, computer work, such as entering new data, checking on patron's information in order to authorize large money transactions, opening Incidents at Casino, checking on self-excluded patron status.
It is hard to have a good balance with life and work, as we work night/graveyard shifts for 10 hrs per night.
Could be better if changes were made.
Cook 1 (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCMarch 19, 2016
Cons: Poorly managed /most staff hate their job
Not the greatest place to work. The managers in f&b hide through out the day. They can be hard to find, so staff is left poorly managed. Many people are unhappy with their job and talk about leaving all the time.
They hire bodies, some staff whom don't have experience leave those with experience to work 2 to 3 times harder in a given day.
Supportive, Friendly Team Atmosphere
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee), ChilliwackOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, promotion from within, employee recognition programs
From day one working for this company I felt welcomed, appreciated, and supported from everyone there. This feeling has only increased with time. The more I learn about the company values, policies and benefits, the more sure I am that this company cares about both it's employees and guests. There are great medical benefits, profit sharing, and employee recognition programs. The company is active in many charities, and encourages their employees to be involved as well, which adds to the atmosphere of caring. Most people working in this location are friendly, positive and helpful; all working as a team. I have never before in my life enjoyed going to work as much as I do here. I work in the restaurant (the Well), and it is such a welcome change to be serving food of a high quality for a reasonable price. It makes customer service so much easier when you are proud of what you are selling, and when your company stands by your level of service, which this one does. I hope to be with this company for a very long time, and would strongly encourage hardworking, friendly, helpful people to join this team. You won't regret it!
Great Canadian Casino
Customer service (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCAugust 9, 2015
It is quiet a well paying job because of the tips you make on top of your wage. All the dealers pool there tips for an hourly wage which ends up working out to about $20 an hour. The hardest part of the job is the standing and the hours because the casino is open 24hr/365 days a year.
Not recomended as an empoyer at Dawson Creek
security officer (Current Employee), Dawson Creek, BCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, paychecks have not bounced
Cons: no overtime, long days, not enough pay for the northern living
The company has a terrible time keeping staff. Its really disheartening to work with cowokers who all want to leave. the only way to make money in this place is to work the gaming floor which is riddled with long hours, no overtime and no happy employees. The security job starts $14.65 an hour while 80 kms away the same job in FSJ makes $17 an hour to start but is run by a different company. they have benefits but they have been getting smaller and smaller as years go by. You cant blame the management of the site for low pay job but some of the penny pinching is too much. I do NOT recommend this employer unless you get into gaming. Also the other company's Pay for the GPEB application which requires a passport photo. $70.00
Good place to work, with good benefits, great interaction with guests.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 30, 2012
Pros: benefits, profit sharing
Cons: scheduling
Fun place to work. Lots of Guests, with different needs to fulfill. Explain current promotions, get guests excited about their participation in promotions, up date points cards, encourage sign up of said card. Telephone reception which includes transfering calls to other departments, explaining promotions, and any information caller may need regarding casino, the address and how to drive to our location. Interaction with guest is the most enjoyable part of my day, Great supportive co-workers, I have learned to do my job very well and be a souce of help to both guests and co-workers. The most difficult part of my job is working different times of any day. eg: one day I could work a day shift and another day I could work evenings or even graveyard. But generally I have adapted but would like more consistency in this regard/
An exciting, fast paced competitive environment.
Slot Shift Manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCAugust 27, 2012
A good company that provided opportunity to advance and improve ones skill set.
A company with a great Guest Service program
Security Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 6, 2012
Pros: good corporate identity
The work/life balance is great, and so is the sense of ownership over the business processes and operations, that the corporate culture entrusts with people.