Great Canadian Casinos

Great Canadian Casinos Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Superior core values and a great stepping stone.
Security Officer, River Rock Casino resort (Former Employee), Richmond, BCDecember 20, 2012
Pros: 3 meals a day, great benifits, good pay and rewarding work environment
Cons: long hours, fast paced
I don't like casinos and don't gamble, yet for a year I had enjoyed an extraordinary experience on a professional and personal level. As a security officer I had the pleasure of sensing comradery and teamwork (resembling my military service). From my supervisors and managers I received objective support and guidance in times of need. Great Canadian – more... Casinos and River Rock Casino in particular believe that hard work and dedication deserve rewarding and truly know how to utilize the unique sets of skills accumulated by its professionals.
If you're honest, trustworthy and customer service oriented you probably will find a home there for a long time. Having said that RRCR is a demanding, competitive (and fun) work environment, most of the people have high work ethics and take pride in their jobs, if you don't take your work seriously you might have a rough time making friends. If your applying for a job with Security bear in mind this is NOT your regular security gig, be prepared to resolve problems with diplomacy...
Hope you enjoy your experience as much as I did. – less
Good place to work, with good benefits, great interaction with guests.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 30, 2012
Pros: benefits, profit sharing
Cons: scheduling
Fun place to work. Lots of Guests, with different needs to fulfill. Explain current promotions, get guests excited about their participation in promotions, up date points cards, encourage sign up of said card. Telephone reception which includes transfering calls to other departments, explaining promotions, and any information caller may need regarding – more... casino, the address and how to drive to our location. Interaction with guest is the most enjoyable part of my day, Great supportive co-workers, I have learned to do my job very well and be a souce of help to both guests and co-workers. The most difficult part of my job is working different times of any day. eg: one day I could work a day shift and another day I could work evenings or even graveyard. But generally I have adapted but would like more consistency in this regard/ – less
A company with a great Guest Service program
Security Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 6, 2012
Pros: good corporate identity
The work/life balance is great, and so is the sense of ownership over the business processes and operations, that the corporate culture entrusts with people.