Great Blue Heron Charity Casino Employee Reviews in Canada

Showing all 9 reviews
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Work at Great Blue Heron
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONMay 9, 2016
Work was interesting. Changed frequently while having the same scheduled tasks. They kept up my certifications for WHMIS, working at heights and working with chemicals. Management was good, while requiring the bias to be removed. Generally co-workers were good to get along with and we worked as a team.

One of the hardest things is the moving among shifts and the feeling of being watched at all times.

On a whole, the casino was an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Odd hours
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fun Place to work
Gaming Inspector (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ONMarch 31, 2016
I enjoy my job, but after 14 years of service to the company I would have thought by now I would at least be able to have weekends off on a regular basis
Pros
great benifits/ good wages
Cons
no work life balance
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Loved working for this company
Third Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONApril 23, 2012
i like working there, it was a fun place to work and all the employees and supervisors were nice, and outgoing. the work atmosphere was good, i was a third cook, so i made muffins, cookies, pies, and danishes. also some other pastries. I preped the pizzas. I was only on contract for 3 months, which i got a extra month there. when the contract was up, i didnt stay because there was no other positions available at the time, but i would love to work there again, i loved going to work every shift.
Was this review helpful?Yes5No3
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Good pay - hard to advance
Main Bank Cashier/Coin Cage Supervisor Temp (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pay wage is excellent. Been there for 7 years and have yet to achieve a permanent full time employment. Must be willing to work all shifts and even holidays including Christmas
Pros
wage
Cons
nights, weekends, holidays(christmas), no room for advancement
Was this review helpful?Yes9No4
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
unions promote laziness
first cook (Current Employee) –  port perry ontarioMarch 3, 2013
I work in the kitchen as a. ......... ......... The work is incredibly EASY. Most of the staff are extremely petty. Jealousy is running rampant 1 person got employee of the month and her co workers had her in tears because of it ie jealous rage. Also,when a position becomes available the employee with seniority automatically assumes the position is theirs although they have absolutely no experience or education relating to the position. Last but not least, it is insane that the laziest and most useless people have full time positions with great benefits,the best shifts, weekends off, mind you about 10 percent of the full time staff do deserve full time,the other 90 percent are too busy taking their breaks and saying" thats not my job" . The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I get from knowing that nobody there has a snowballs chance of doing what I do.And you know who you are.
Pros
fantastic company to worl for
Cons
petty union flag waving employees
Was this review helpful?Yes24No1
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fun Workplace With Excitement
Croupier (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONMay 12, 2014
Free training to advance your position and learn new games. Management with visible and worked hard to make sure the company ran well.
Pros
20 minute breaks after every 1 hr 20 minutes worked
Cons
standing for long periods of time
Was this review helpful?Yes3No1
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
fast paced enviornment , really enjoyed working there
Porter/Server/Coin Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ONApril 11, 2013
rally enjoyed working in this enviornment , would go back anyday ,
Pros
great people to work with and for
Cons
24 hour work place
Was this review helpful?Yes5No4
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Difficult
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Port PerryAugust 14, 2014
Difficult working environment
Very fast-paced environment
Large main kitchen
Medium-sized prep kitchen
Was this review helpful?Yes5No2

Overall rating

3.9
Based on 9 reviews
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star

Ratings by category

Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Culture

Great Blue Heron Charity Casino Reviews by Job Title