Graybar Electric Company, Inc.

Graybar Electric Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management of Customer Service
Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee), Minot, NDAugust 13, 2015
Pros: A good company due to benefits.
Cons: No supportive upper management.
Managed employees, filled in when employees were out, management above me were lacking in personnel skills. Huge turnover in the state of North Dakota due to upper management. I loved my job as a manager. I was not given the tools needed to accomplish what was needed for the branch. Even with limited capabilities I was making 1.5 million a month for the branch and the company overall. Hardest part was limited staff and capable staff.
Challenging but somewhat repetitive.
Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee), Carrizo Springs, TXAugust 3, 2015
Enjoyable workplace, good hours and decent compensation. However management lacked guidance severely and our location suffered because of it.
Excellent company in more developed business verticals
Utility Sales inTri State Area (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Great company culture and benefits
Cons: Very poorly organized business development planning utility
Graybar is an excellent company with a solid management team in most areas. The utility vertical did not have competitive cost that would allow for competition and development. Business development planning and execution was very poor in utility vertical
Productive and efficient Workplace
material handler-warehouse (Former Employee), Glendale Heights, ILJuly 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I really like how the manager treated me when i began working in Graybar. And the communication between us. I really enjoyed working here at Graybar.
company sponsor lunches
Material Handler (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 14, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: hot in summer, cold in winter
great family work place and a wonderful work condition. Staffs are always willing to help. Company sponsor lunches most fridays.
Very bad management
Truck driver (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: poor mgmt
Supervisor need to be evaluated and held responsible for their unprofessional actions. This branch should take care of their employees. Their track record shows the turnover of employees for a reason.
Training Ongoing
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2015
Graybar spearheaded my career with ongoing training withing the electrical industry allowing me to achieve being the 1st woman in the company to attain EPEC Gold.
Great Benefits and sound long standing company
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: Financially strong well known company
Cons: Slow moving
Graybar is a great company for the benefits and stability. With a Nationwide footprint, the opportunities are greater than they are with a regional distributor.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good people, good company. Inbound calls. Customer resolution.

Good people, good company. Inbound calls. Customer resolution.
Enjoyable busy place to work
Tax Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Industry, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: There is always food
Cons: mignt not get to many breaks lots to do
This place you will never be bored a very busy place to work, Always working with different department, As soon as you walk in the door there is something new to do
Great Learning Environment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2015
• Communicate with purchasing personnel from various departments of employers in the St. Louis metro area daily
• Review specifications of material that is needed for implementation into jobs and offer my opinion on which material should be used
• Create and manage relationships with various suppliers to offer new solutions and negotiate pricing for various types of construction equipment to best accommodate clientele
• Send out proposals for material, then send purchase orders out to the winner that best fits the needs of the job
Good company, management needs work, job culture needs work.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williston, VTApril 16, 2015
Pros: Employee owned, great benefits.
Cons: Software cumbersome and slow and far to complex for simple business.
Excellent company for top line benefits. There was always an opportunity to learn with their multiple on-line class offerings to help grow the employee's intellectual grasp on the business. Fellow employees were business smart and good at their assigned tasks, but short staffing diminished ones ability to be through.
Avoid purchasing department
Corporate Cost Analyst (Former Employee), St LouisApril 4, 2015
Pros: Good health insurance
Cons: Just about everything else
Excessive micromanagement, low pay, generally unhappy place to work. Very unrewarding compared to similar types of operations.
Great Job if you like to solve problems
Collections Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2015
Learned how to meet daily monthly goals problem solving and act decisively in a fast paced while maintaning a team player.
Good Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 26, 2015
Good company. Great benefits. The work is difficult sometimes, but my coworkers and boss are wonderful. The salary is average.
Worker
Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2015
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Opportunity for Advancement. Co-Workers are friendly and helpful. Would love to move up the ladder.
good
Sales Support (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2015
Graybar was a good place to work. Competitive wage and vacation packages. Dealing with contractors was challenging. You could make a career in a company like Graybar.
This was a fast paced business with friendly and supportive group
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: well established company since the 1800's.
Cons: work overload causes burn out.
The Branch Administrator was responsible for solving all problems and errors for the customers, manufacturers, co-workers, freight companies, other branches. The company uses the SAP computer system, which is not user-friendly but hosts to approximately 300 branches around the country and enables all branches to work together.
The office is a friendly, open desk-to-desk environment which makes it easier for co-workers to work as a team.
Good pay, good people
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad economy
I loved working at Greybar. My co-workers were friendly and an overall good place to work. It was a shame the economy tanked and they had to let me go.
Secure
❸ Sales Trainee (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 11, 2015
Good company with great benefits. I dont want to tell you anything else about this job. I am here to apply for jobs not rate previous companies I worked for!!
Headquarters