Graybar Electric Company, Inc.

Graybar Electric Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company!
Project Manager, Zone Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2014
Pros: employee owned, profit sharing, promotion from within. coworkers were engaged and great to work with.
Cons: leaving
I worked my way up in Graybar from a Stock Clerk, to Billing Specialist, to Customer Service Rep., to Operating Manager - then accepted a transfer to Corporate in Clayton, MO as Zone Purchasing Manager, then Project Manager for Central Purchasing Pilot.

I learned so much that has assisted me - from business etiquette and computer skills, to product – more... education and management skills.

The people were the best!

The hardest part of the job was leaving to relocate.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge and education. – less
Very busy
Accounts Payable/Project Administrator (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 24, 2014
Graybar was a nice place to work. I had a lot of responsibilities.

I got to work all different positions.
Graybar Project Specialist
Project Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, NYOctober 21, 2014
responsible for all invoicing on large projects, entering large orders and tracking shipments of materials.
Job is fun and challenging.
Learned a lot as an inside sales representative.
Inside Sales Representative/CSR (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great learning experience, enjoyed helping customers, high salary, great benefits.
Cons: poor management, very hard to move up in company.
I had worked in the electrical field as an Administrative Asst. prior to this job, and with the position of inside sales/CSR gave me much experience in the electrical field. I learned a lot by working with customers taking orders, researching and assisting with electrical information also took many classes online with Square D electrical product, which – more... I was very successful in scoring high on those tests. Unfortunately, I was laid off along with over 30 people from every area in the company in 2008. – less
Exlellent company, excellent distributor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: excellentdevelopment, people, and benefits
During my first year with Graybar, I started working primarily at the sales counter and backing up the warehouse. I eventually moved up to work as an inside sales/customer service rep in the office. There I learned more closely the processes of sales, distribution, and knowledge of electrical products. I was sent to several training seminars and conferences.

In – more... all my time there, I had very high respect for everyone I worked with; management and coworkers alike. Especially my direct supervisor, who was a mentor to me. This was a very professional operation that I thrived in.

Unfortunately, with the economic downturn in '08, I was laid off in a third round of layoffs. – less
Nation wide warehouse
Warehouse Worker / Delivery (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 23, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: as usual it takes to long to get any vacation time -but i have no complaints about graybar
A lot of good people there. Seemed to be a lot of manpower in Sales & Purchasing.
Great company!
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2014
Large employee owned company with good management and good employees.
Steady employment
Short haul Driver II (Former Employee), Plainfield, InAugust 20, 2014
Pros: it is a job.
Cons: not being truthfull on hours so management make their corperate expectations.
Graybar pays decent but they want you to work more than 40 hour weeks without paying overtime. They provide what they call "comp" time which is when you have accomulated a set amount of hours over your 40 hours they choose which day or half day they want you to take off those hours or days with straight pay even if it happens to be several weeks out. – more... All in all it is a ok place to work if you are ok with "your lucky to have a job with us" attitude and are willing to play the game with the hours. – less
very technical, alot of training
Senior Electrical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2014
fortune 500 company, 5 billion in sales. company car, expense account, high pay based on production.
Worst Management
Material Handler (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 28, 2014
Honestly it was like high school working here. I worked at the warehouse in Richmond VA and it was terrible. The warehouse manager was very rude to all of the employees. He went as far as asking one of the guys I worked with if he was blind or just dumb. We had human resources in the warehouse every other month because of something the manager said – more... or did. Employees would come to work drunk and would sleep on a desk and others would just not do their job at all. I was fired for using sick days and vacation time when my family was going through a rough time. This is a company that I will never work for again and I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. I have no bad feelings towards this place I just want to give everyone a heads up. – less
every day is always different
STORE ROOM/ WAREHOUSE (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 25, 2014
every day is a different day, you might be helping customers or doing inventory for the area an or coputer data intry
Great fun place to work
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits and options for advancement
Cons: time there was too short
Only worked here for one month moved to another state for a job transfer. Learned much about the electrical contracting business Learned SAP and was able to support the small business side of their customer base.
Fun atmospher depending on your personality
Manual Laborer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good hours 930-630. awesome people to work with. management is really fun and easy going
Cons: it can get hot in the warehouse, some employees dont pull their share, if busy have to work long days
I worked in the warehouse. Time went fast and the people were fun to work with. Management was never on your back unless you didn't do your work. The daily tasks would get a little boring at times but overall was not bad. I would recommend working at Graybar.
Company has long-term, promote from within culture.
Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, Mo.June 29, 2014
Pros: employee owned fortune 500 company.
Cons: benefits accrue over the long term.
Begin your career in your twenties and expect to have opportunity to have different jobs/careers within the same company. Graybar is an employee owned company with both short and long term benefits.
Excellent Company!
Project Specialist II (Former Employee), Glendale Heights, ILJune 29, 2014
The company has been around for years and the people are just great to work for! Great work/life balance.
Great, great, GREAT company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 25, 2014
The people and the benefits made this a great place to work! Very seldom now do you find a company that provides pensions.
Nice work environment
Sr. Data Entry Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2014
Great company to work for. Management was hands on and always willing to help to make sure everyone had the proper essentials to complete there jobs.
Great environment, fun people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2014
Pros: hours (am)
Cons: unhappy customers
It was a great place to work, there were great people, always busy, awesome environment, and a fast pace company, which makes time move quickly
fun employee's but management cared nothing about us but production
Material Handler (Former Employee), Austell, GAMay 26, 2014
Pros: great vacation time
Cons: bad morale and favortism the raises are super small
All they cared was exceptions that were never going to Possible to meet
productive and sometimes fun
material handler (Current Employee), austell gaMay 15, 2014
it's a great job to start off with if you are looking to move up, 401k, employee stock ownership, advancement opportunities. typical day as material handler you come in and get on a machine to stock or pull material off shelves, at the end of the night help wrap things up. The other employees / Management team are pretty easy to work with. hardest part – more... is having to stand on a machine all day. The most enjoyable is that it can be a fun job, it is what you make of it and as long as you are good at what you do and have fun while being safe, your time there will be an enjoyable experience – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Graybar Electric Company, Inc.

There's no gray area when it comes to¬†Graybar Electric: it's one of the largest distributors of electrical products in the US.¬†The – Read more

Graybar Electric Company, Inc. Photos