Graybar Electric Company, Inc.

Graybar Electric Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company, management needs work, job culture needs work.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Williston, VTApril 16, 2015
Pros: Employee owned, great benefits.
Cons: Software cumbersome and slow and far to complex for simple business.
Excellent company for top line benefits. There was always an opportunity to learn with their multiple on-line class offerings to help grow the employee's intellectual grasp on the business. Fellow employees were business smart and good at their assigned tasks, but short staffing diminished ones ability to be through.
Avoid purchasing department
Corporate Cost Analyst (Former Employee), St LouisApril 4, 2015
Pros: Good health insurance
Cons: Just about everything else
Excessive micromanagement, low pay, generally unhappy place to work. Very unrewarding compared to similar types of operations.
Great Job if you like to solve problems
Collections Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2015
Learned how to meet daily monthly goals problem solving and act decisively in a fast paced while maintaning a team player.
Good Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 26, 2015
Good company. Great benefits. The work is difficult sometimes, but my coworkers and boss are wonderful. The salary is average.
Worker
Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 12, 2015
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Opportunity for Advancement. Co-Workers are friendly and helpful. Would love to move up the ladder.
good
Sales Support (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2015
Graybar was a good place to work. Competitive wage and vacation packages. Dealing with contractors was challenging. You could make a career in a company like Graybar.
This was a fast paced business with friendly and supportive group
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: well established company since the 1800's.
Cons: work overload causes burn out.
The Branch Administrator was responsible for solving all problems and errors for the customers, manufacturers, co-workers, freight companies, other branches. The company uses the SAP computer system, which is not user-friendly but hosts to approximately 300 branches around the country and enables all branches to work together.
The office is a friendly, open desk-to-desk environment which makes it easier for co-workers to work as a team.
Good pay, good people
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad economy
I loved working at Greybar. My co-workers were friendly and an overall good place to work. It was a shame the economy tanked and they had to let me go.
Secure
❸ Sales Trainee (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 11, 2015
Good company with great benefits. I dont want to tell you anything else about this job. I am here to apply for jobs not rate previous companies I worked for!!
Large Electrical Distributor.
Operation and CSR Manager (Former Employee), CarolinaFebruary 6, 2015
Large Electrical Distributor with main office in St. Louis, Mo.
Learned the whole cycle of this type of business over 29 years.
Job was good
Trainer/Lead (Former Employee), Sugarland TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: bad pay and mangement
The hours were different
The management was ok
promotions were to the good old boy system
Good trainers and co-workers
Pay was a little low
great place to work I been an new employee for 3 months and its been rewarding.
delivery driver (Current Employee), medley floridaJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: its a fast moving pace and time goes quickly.
Stay focus and listen to your fellow peers... And its been a great place to work since I been working here... You know when you love your job when you can't wait to go back to work... So good luck on your search.
0/10- would not work there again
Zone Service Center Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJanuary 13, 2015
very stagnant when it comes to advancement in one location, you will have to relocate to advance with company. not very flexible with hours/personal life.
always busy
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Taunton, MAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits were great
Cons: long days, always getting put down, never a 'good job' when something was done right which was 90% of the time
ok place to work if you want to work like a mule, management was up an down everyday, they never cared about your family life....everything has to do with graybar its there way or the highway
faced paced company
TRUCK DRIVER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee), Taunton, MADecember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: traffic
hardest part is being stuck in traffic
locations of deliveries
coworkers good
good benefits
Great Company!
Project Manager, Zone Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2014
Pros: employee owned, profit sharing, promotion from within. coworkers were engaged and great to work with.
Cons: leaving
I worked my way up in Graybar from a Stock Clerk, to Billing Specialist, to Customer Service Rep., to Operating Manager - then accepted a transfer to Corporate in Clayton, MO as Zone Purchasing Manager, then Project Manager for Central Purchasing Pilot.

I learned so much that has assisted me - from business etiquette and computer skills, to product education and management skills.

The people were the best!

The hardest part of the job was leaving to relocate.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge and education.
Very busy
Accounts Payable/Project Administrator (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 24, 2014
Graybar was a nice place to work. I had a lot of responsibilities.

I got to work all different positions.
Graybar Project Specialist
Project Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, NYOctober 21, 2014
responsible for all invoicing on large projects, entering large orders and tracking shipments of materials.
Job is fun and challenging.
Learned a lot as an inside sales representative.
Inside Sales Representative/CSR (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great learning experience, enjoyed helping customers, high salary, great benefits.
Cons: poor management, very hard to move up in company.
I had worked in the electrical field as an Administrative Asst. prior to this job, and with the position of inside sales/CSR gave me much experience in the electrical field. I learned a lot by working with customers taking orders, researching and assisting with electrical information also took many classes online with Square D electrical product, which I was very successful in scoring high on those tests. Unfortunately, I was laid off along with over 30 people from every area in the company in 2008.
Exlellent company, excellent distributor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: excellentdevelopment, people, and benefits
During my first year with Graybar, I started working primarily at the sales counter and backing up the warehouse. I eventually moved up to work as an inside sales/customer service rep in the office. There I learned more closely the processes of sales, distribution, and knowledge of electrical products. I was sent to several training seminars and conferences.

In all my time there, I had very high respect for everyone I worked with; management and coworkers alike. Especially my direct supervisor, who was a mentor to me. This was a very professional operation that I thrived in.

Unfortunately, with the economic downturn in '08, I was laid off in a third round of layoffs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Graybar Electric Company, Inc.

As a leading distributor of electrical, communications and data networking products, Graybar helps contractors and building owners – Read more

Graybar Electric Company, Inc. Photos