Who we are:
We are Graph Tech Guitar Labs, and for 30 years we’ve been creating innovative products for the sole purpose of improving the guitar playing experience.
Who we REALLY are:
At our core, we are a band of passionate innovators that cannot help but go forward and find creative new ways to change the way people play guitar. We have no fear of going against the grain, learning through mistakes, and trying all sorts of crazy ideas.
We’re visionaries known for our long-term thinking, and we make decisions based on what is best for our company, customers, and employees for the long haul.
Deep down, we can’t wait for people to ask us where we work, because we are fanatically proud of our Graph Tech family, the products we produce, and the people we produce them for.
Above all else, we say yes to fun & laughter. We recognize that laughter at work is both contagious and healthy. There is always a moment for laughter; in every meeting, in every interaction, at any time. We seek it out!
What it takes to be invited to play:
- Honesty & Integrity
- Consistency & Reliability
- Pro-Active * Positive Attitude
- Passion & Pride
What it REALLY takes to be a cultural fit:
- A belief that no job or task is below us. We are all floor sweepers when required.
- Contagious enthusiasm that makes others want to be part of the experience.
- Not caring about being “right” as an individual, only about doing what is right for the team.
- Being an open and honest communicator; talking with people, not about people.
- Following the Platinum Rule and seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- Approaching things with an open mind, and leaving pre-conceived notions at the door.
- The ability to give without worrying about getting, while always bringing value.
- Persistence, and the ability to look at things from every angle to succeed or solve a problem.
- Taking ownership, and accepting the accountability that comes with it.
- An almost ridiculous focus on providing an exceptional customer experience.
If you believe that Graph Tech Guitar Labs may be a fit for you based on what you’ve seen above, then read on to see if you’re interested in the available position.
What we’re looking for:
An experienced Sales Professional to help drive our continued growth both through the acquisition of new Graph Tech customers, and through increasing our penetration within existing customers. The successful candidate must be an excellent cultural fit, and have very strong professional selling skills. You will be required to demonstrate those skills through our recruitment process, so be prepared! In fact, it starts with your response to this posting.
As our customers and prospects are literally spread around the globe, the ability to sell remotely (phone/skype/etc.) will be critical to have success in this role. Some travel will be required (trade shows/customer visits/sales calls/etc.), but the role will be primarily based out of our office in Delta, BC.
- Achievement of Customer Acquisition, Revenue & Profit Goals
- Maintain a Healthy Sales Funnel
- Provide an Exceptional Customer Experience
- Strategic Account & Territory Planning
- Project Management
- Formal Sales Training and a Proven Sales Process
- Demonstrated History of Success, and the Ability to Explain Why
- Incredible Communication Skills in All Forms (Written/Verbal/Non-Verbal/etc.)
- Position-Specific Computer Skills (Windows/MS Office/etc.)
- Demonstrated Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrated Lead Generation Skills
Nice to Have:
- Music Industry Experience
- Guitar Player
- Understanding of Various OEM & Aftermarket Sales/Distribution Channels
- Experience Selling Into North American and Global Markets (Asia/Europe/South America/Australia/etc.)
What’s in it For You:
- Unique and valuable product offering with clear competitive advantages
- Incredibly strong existing relationships and reputation in the guitar industry
- Growing, profitable company with opportunities for advancement
- A company and leadership team that truly appreciate the contributions of quality sales people
- A fun, relaxed atmosphere; no suits and ties here!
We truly believe this is an absolute dream position for the right sales professional. Our reputation and existing relationships open doors, and our client list is a veritable who’s who of the guitar business (Fender/Taylor/Martin/Gibson/Godin/Guitar Center/Sam Ash/Carvin/etc./etc./etc.). We do not want someone that just needs a job; we are only interested in people that truly want to be a part of the Graph Tech family, and truly appreciate what that means.
Additional Information (The Fine Print):
This is a permanent, full-time position based out of our office in Delta, BC. A competitive wage will be offered based on skills and experience, along with a benefits package including health insurance.