Established in 1980, Grantek is a recognized leading provider of integrated automation and information solutions in the North American marketplace. Our clients are some of the world’s most respected producers of global brands, as well as niche manufacturers seeking improved performance and competitive advantages. Since its inception Grantek has been dedicated to one overriding principle: deliver integrated system solutions that help our clients achieve their operational goals and outdistance their competition.
Grantek’s dynamic team of professional engineers, computer scientists, engineering technologists, and other professionals make it one of the most highly sought after systems integrators in the industry. Apart from working with leading edge, state-of-the-art technologies, we also have a lot of fun. Grantek Systems is committed to providing a positive corporate culture, enjoying one of the lowest employee turnover rates in the industry.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
As a key member of the Grantek Electrical Design Group, you will be designing and documenting electrical automation systems (and signing and stamping technical documents) for some of the most respected manufacturers of global brands, as well as niche manufacturers seeking improved performance and a competitive advantage.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Good working knowledge producing electrical schematic drawings using AutoCAD 2000/2002.
- Good working knowledge of the following Manufacturer’s hardware (Allen Bradley PLC5 and SLC 500, Siemens S5 & S7 & TI, Omron, Modicon, GE, etc.).
- A broad knowledge of the newest electrical automation hardware and proficiency in custom panel design.
- Knowledge or background in instrumentation engineering is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel/Word).
- Meticulous, conscientious, analytical, objective-driven individual who is a quick learner.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Possession of a current and valid driver’s license.