Grantech Engineering International Inc., GTI, is a quality and results oriented corporation providing project management, conceptual, front end and detailed engineering, procurement, construction management, commissioning, and start-up services to the oil and gas industry.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the Document Control Lead is responsible for ensuring that documents are filed and distributed in a timely and organized manner. The document control lead will also implement document control procedures for all incoming and outgoing project documentation and liaison with project management teams and the client. Duties will include taking direct responsibility for organization of project binders and project document.
- Process engineering documents, drawings and project deliverables in accordance with established project document control job instructions and guidelines.
- Log-in/record, distribution and filing of all incoming documentation following implemented project procedures.
- Assign vendor document numbers to all controlled engineering documents following project Job Instruction for Numbering of Engineering Documents.
- Responsible for maintaining electronic and hardcopy filing system including data entry of records in Electronic Document Management System)
- Provide routine quality checks on all outgoing documentation in accordance with established Corporate Instructions.
- Prepare and process documents and drawings for scanning and archiving.
- Electronic assembly of technical documents - may include CD burning, zipped files or hard copy assembly.
- Print/Plot, assembly, distribution and monitor the flow of incoming Supplier Documentation.
- Log/in, scan print, distribution and issue supplier documentation with internal engineering comments.
- Assist in training/support for Project Docbase (Docbase is a project repository where electronic content is stored) and/or Sharepoint.
- Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, interface on a routine basis with project personnel to provide support, answer any document control related questions and queries
- Operate information retrieval systems and respond to requests for records
- Review files periodically to ensure they are complete and correctly classified
- Label files according to retention and disposal schedules and prepare files for disposal
- Update Document Control Procedures/Protocol
- Provide training to junior Document Controllers if required
- 5+ years experience in document control
- Records, Information Management course an asset
- Previous oil and gas experience an asset
- Proven experience in similar role within Engineering and Manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of document control systems
- Understanding of Document Control processes
- Ability to organize workload – Excellent - above average organization and communication skill are a MUST
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers and all team members
- Ownership of all work and task detailed and pride in all duties required
Indeed - 23 months ago
Grantech Engineering International Inc., GTI, is a quality and results oriented corporation providing conceptual, PreFEED, Front End...