Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good people. Interesting work.
Manager, Business Risk Services (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: very good people and culture
Cons: long hours, stressful job.
Long hours, interesting engagements, lots of opportunities for learning. Management has an open door policy, democratic.
Good working environment
Audit Assistant (Former Employee), Thornton, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: free courses
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to work with extremely talented and enthusiastic co-workers. I get the pleasure of working with the best and brightest people in many different ways and with many good ideas. And the job is even more special when I get to work with one of the shining person.
Preparation and review of US Tax Returns
U.S. Tax Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2012
Preparation and review of US tax returns.
States Nexus study for filing and doing business requirements.
Handled IRS and States notices.
A great place to learn dynamics of a wide array of industries and organization workng world-wide.
Senior Auditor (Former Employee), Islamabad, PakistanJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: travel to almost all part of pakistan with free ticket, lunch and accomodation.
Cons: time pressure
the experience with the audit firm has been all about learning and gaining professional experience to make you a a professional with enough experience, skills & knowledge to enable you to get a high position in a organization after completion of training period.

i have gained experience by performing audit and other financial services for various clients (as mentioned in my CV). I have learned to work on softwares such as ERP, SAP, Oracle financial, Intact, etc.

Management was always helpful to guide supervise & direct & to bring out the fine polished professional in you which will be an asset to any employer.

The hardest part was to manage studies with work but wih strong will and determination, i never felt that i was ''managing'', it just came naturally.

Since it was a training period of 3.5 years, i have sen many people join and leave the firm, i made many friends and said goodbyes to ones who left it, i have learned that nothing in this world is forever, you need to make the most of what you get and make sure it takes a place in your brain that you can call "good memories".
Productive, learning environment, fun
Vacation Student (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPDecember 30, 2014
Pros: guidance from the seniors
Cons: long hours
I would start by enquiring from the seniors on what was expected of me for the day. I did a lot of debtor circularisation were I would call the third parties and ask them to confirm the debts. I would also call banks and request them to confirm the bank balance of the audit client in writing. I would vouch for expenses incurred by the client by going through all their receipts and invoices. The hardest part was having to go through files and files if invoices to vouch for every cent the client spent on. The enjoyable part was when the audit partner was satisfied with the work submitted to her
Efficient and good Professional experience
Senior Executive in Outsourcing and Taxation (Current Employee), BotswanaDecember 29, 2014
Pros: socialising with the management in lunch and dinner parties on weekends
The Company gives a good work life balance and a very cooperative Management. The work includes delaing with various clients across the country and dealing with difficult clients is the toughest part of the job. But there has been good support from the Management which makes the job more enjoyable. The co workers are from different countries(Zimbabwe, South Africa, Philipines, Kenya, Namibia etc) and working with qualified persons from different persons gives a great professional experience.
Appropriate environment
Trainee to Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), LahoreDecember 23, 2014
As it was mandatory training so full of learning and capacity building.
Strong work ethic
Advisory Consultant (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 30, 2014
Strong work ethic,
Surrounded by smart professionals
Typical day - assisting companies with high priority goals. This helps develop your organisational skills and orientation for detail.
Productive and friendly workplace
Senior Auditor / Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Lahore, PakistanNovember 24, 2014
Grant Thornton Pakistan is member firm of Grant Thornton International which provides complete management and corporate consultancy, audit assurance services and taxation solutions for clients making difference to clients across 120 countries.
Working in Grant Thornton was a lifetime experience in audit, tax, credit analysis and consultancy.
Great working enviroment
Audit senior (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 20, 2014
Studying my ACA while working has allowed me to have a great understanding about Audit.
A productive firm auditing a wide range of clients
Audit Senior (Former Employee), NairobiNovember 12, 2014
Pros: hardly any over time
Cons: no benefits
A productive firm auditing a wide range of clients.
Learnt slight variation in ways to audit a client compared to my previous firm
Management was not large and forward looking.
Friendly staff to work with.
The company of my colleagues
Audit Manager (Former Employee), MalaysiaNovember 2, 2014
Importance on honestly and integrity. Persistent hard work are the keys to success.
Will discuss in person
Head of Executive Communications (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Respectable firm with the right professional values. Will discuss in detail in person.
Professional and learning place to work
Auditor (Current Employee), Karachi, PSDSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: good management, nice people, professionalism
Cons: low salaries
Grant Thornton Karachi is a place where people groom and built confidence and skills in themselves. Worldwide No. 5 Accountancy firm with all the qualities of big four firms. Learnt alot about professionalism, organizational behaviour, management and commitment. It was hardest to manage complex financial issues under pressure with excitement of contribution in the field. Just an unforgettable experience of my life.
Self development enhancement
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: self development
Cons: n/a.
This is the right company where one is allowed self development. Training is offered by the company and individuals are encouraged to pursue their studies whilst they work. Audit managers and partners are always available to assist trainees on their audits.
Very freindly staff with multi nationals
Internship (Current Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 28, 2014
Pros: coffee machine, free stationary, friendly staff, location
An appropriate place for me to work as an auditor. Currently looking for job because I am working as an intern in Grant Thornton.
It was a busy and corporate environment
Catering Assistant/ Corporate Hostess (Former Employee), Auckland, NAugust 5, 2014
It was always busy, always something to do. I learnt how to work in a very formal environment and had to work on a time schedule and have everything done in a time limit.
Very first company to get exposed to the real world
Associate (Former Employee), 北京市, C22July 7, 2014
World-renown company but not as organized as I was expecting. The most important thing is to follow the right manager and work on the right project.
Passion for consulting, making a difference by adding value to clients and managing teams as well as clients
Associate Vice President (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility, firm support for lunch/dinner/drinks to maintain team morale, team activities
Cons: long hours, lower salary than industry, low international exposure, no higher education programs
At Grant Thornton, my primary responsibility currently is to conceptualize and spearhead project delivery in the areas of strategy formulation, feasibility/ market assessments, fiduciary risk, business planning, commercial due diligence and project management.

I have had a steep learning curve having worked across divisions and teams in strategy and transaction advisory in the last 5 years. I have also had the opportunity to work on GT's internal operations development and implementation programmes.

A typical day includes ensuring client deliverables are being executed smoothly, managing the project teams across projects and guiding as well as writing the key analysis aspects of the reports, reviewing the overall project reports, undertaking practice management aspects for the team such as invoicing, collections, chasing targets and managing clients to ensure customer delight for the services being provided. I am also actively involved in business development in converting leads into new clients as well as getting recurring work from existing clients.

The hardest part of the job is to ensure time management to cover all the above varied aspects and still ensure top notch quality being delivered from the GT stable, managing team motivation against crunch timelines and creating a balance of ensuring development of the team and making work fun for them at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of the day is to interact with the clients and their review for satisfied work delivered/implemented which has actually made a difference for them in real terms and to share the same with the team since its a team effort that delivers the true value to a client.
Good company to work for
Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2014
Good company to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone.

1 2 3 4 5

About Grant Thornton

Granting you the serenity to know that your company's finances and operations are in order, Grant Thornton is the US member firm – Read more