Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good working environment
Audit Assistant (Former Employee), Thornton, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: free courses
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to work with extremely talented and enthusiastic co-workers. I get the pleasure of working with the best and brightest people in many different ways and with many good ideas. And the job is even more special when I get to work with one of the shining person.
Preparation and review of US Tax Returns
U.S. Tax Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2012
Preparation and review of US tax returns.
States Nexus study for filing and doing business requirements.
Handled IRS and States notices.
Great working enviroment
Audit senior (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 20, 2014
Studying my ACA while working has allowed me to have a great understanding about Audit.
A productive firm auditing a wide range of clients
Audit Senior (Former Employee), NairobiNovember 12, 2014
Pros: hardly any over time
Cons: no benefits
A productive firm auditing a wide range of clients.
Learnt slight variation in ways to audit a client compared to my previous firm
Management was not large and forward looking.
Friendly staff to work with.
The company of my colleagues
Audit Manager (Former Employee), MalaysiaNovember 2, 2014
Importance on honestly and integrity. Persistent hard work are the keys to success.
Will discuss in person
Head of Executive Communications (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Respectable firm with the right professional values. Will discuss in detail in person.
Professional and learning place to work
Auditor (Current Employee), Karachi, PSDSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: good management, nice people, professionalism
Cons: low salaries
Grant Thornton Karachi is a place where people groom and built confidence and skills in themselves. Worldwide No. 5 Accountancy firm with all the qualities of big four firms. Learnt alot about professionalism, organizational behaviour, management and commitment. It was hardest to manage complex financial issues under pressure with excitement of contribution – more... in the field. Just an unforgettable experience of my life. – less
Self development enhancement
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: self development
Cons: n/a.
This is the right company where one is allowed self development. Training is offered by the company and individuals are encouraged to pursue their studies whilst they work. Audit managers and partners are always available to assist trainees on their audits.
Very freindly staff with multi nationals
Internship (Current Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 28, 2014
Pros: coffee machine, free stationary, friendly staff, location
An appropriate place for me to work as an auditor. Currently looking for job because I am working as an intern in Grant Thornton.
It was a busy and corporate environment
Catering Assistant/ Corporate Hostess (Former Employee), Auckland, NAugust 5, 2014
It was always busy, always something to do. I learnt how to work in a very formal environment and had to work on a time schedule and have everything done in a time limit.
Very first company to get exposed to the real world
Associate (Former Employee), 北京市, C22July 7, 2014
World-renown company but not as organized as I was expecting. The most important thing is to follow the right manager and work on the right project.
Passion for consulting, making a difference by adding value to clients and managing teams as well as clients
Associate Vice President (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRJuly 1, 2014
Pros: flexibility, firm support for lunch/dinner/drinks to maintain team morale, team activities
Cons: long hours, lower salary than industry, low international exposure, no higher education programs
At Grant Thornton, my primary responsibility currently is to conceptualize and spearhead project delivery in the areas of strategy formulation, feasibility/ market assessments, fiduciary risk, business planning, commercial due diligence and project management.

I have had a steep learning curve having worked across divisions and teams in strategy and – more... transaction advisory in the last 5 years. I have also had the opportunity to work on GT's internal operations development and implementation programmes.

A typical day includes ensuring client deliverables are being executed smoothly, managing the project teams across projects and guiding as well as writing the key analysis aspects of the reports, reviewing the overall project reports, undertaking practice management aspects for the team such as invoicing, collections, chasing targets and managing clients to ensure customer delight for the services being provided. I am also actively involved in business development in converting leads into new clients as well as getting recurring work from existing clients.

The hardest part of the job is to ensure time management to cover all the above varied aspects and still ensure top notch quality being delivered from the GT stable, managing team motivation against crunch timelines and creating a balance of ensuring development of the team and making work fun for them at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of the day is to interact with the clients and their review for satisfied work delivered/implemented which has actually made a difference for them in real terms and to share the same with the team since its a team effort that delivers the true value to a client. – less
Good company to work for
Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2014
Good company to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone.
learning
Senior Auditor (Former Employee), Islamabad - PakistanJune 1, 2014
Pros: travelling
Cons: no dinner
- team work
- presentation in clients meeting
- conduct training work shops
Great Springboard for a Career
Audit Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2014
I have been working at Grant Thornton International full-time for more than 6 years

Pros – 1) Fantastic learning enviornment that provides knowledge and skill set necesssary to be sussessful in many fields of endevour 2) Quickly move up through ranks 3)Reasonable work life balance (especially when compared to big 4 accounting firms 4)Work enviornment – more... that allows one to bring their whole self to work.

Cons – 1) 55 hour workweek Jan - April 2) Pay is comparable to other public accounting firms, but low compared to industry.

Advice to Senior Management – Bridge the gap between salaries available in industry and at GT.

Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company – less
n/a
Risk / Audit Analyst (Former Employee), New JerseyApril 21, 2014
n/a - 9 to 5 work day. Rather typical environment.
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
excellent company to work with
Audit Intern (Former Employee), Dubai, DUApril 13, 2014
a good experience and earned a lot of auditing knowledge gained
Salary very low compared to what I was earning in London
Senior auditor (Current Employee), SenegalApril 11, 2014
Grant Thornton is quite a good place to work. But the salary and benefit quite low.
Trying too hard to be like Big 4
Assurance Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2014
Pros: compensation similar to big 4
Cons: no recognition
The work-life balance is awful. You don't get world class clients like Big 4. The hiring quality is going south. I would either decide to go Big 4 or go to a large regional firm.
Hard working employees
Accountant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 3, 2014
All employees were dedicated to their jobs
The hardest part was maintaining a life outside of work
The best part were my co-workers

1 2 3 4

About Grant Thornton

Granting you the serenity to know that your company's finances and operations are in order, Grant Thornton is the US member firm – Read more