GRANT MACEWAN UNIVERSITY

GRANT MACEWAN UNIVERSITY Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Voting Clerk
Elections Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2014
Great Place to get employed. Only worked a short period as it was a temporary job, Great management and got along with my co workers.
Good working environment
Researcher/Writer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2014
This was a short-term contract. As a contractor I was treated with respect and supported to get the project completed on time.
Loving Sports Photography!
Photographer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2014
Pros: really fun! also, personal exposure.
Cons: not many hours
Working with this company has been an excellent experience.
They allow me to photograph freely throughout the game. Everything can also be used on my personal website.
Productive, fun, artistic culture.
Print Centre Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2014
- The time I spent employed GMU was an excellent way for me to mange my school curiculum and learn how to better teach and learn from others. The job being only a temporary one during the school term I was asked to come back again and again. It was an excellent oppourtunity that I am grateful for.
There is gymnasuim, it is very nice, because it helps inreducing stress.
MacEwan Ambassador (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work, was when I was asked to do a public speaking without pre- notice. It was a challenging, but I nailed it by rendering a powerful and educative speech. I learned to be always prepared, know much about your job and be willing to uphold your company at any time any day. The hardest part of the job, was the time management. I was a – more... full time student with full school work load. It is not easy to manage the both. The most enjoyable part of the job was the 5 mintues impromptu speech with your colleagues. – less
Best Research Assistant Experience I could have hoped for
Research Assistant (Former Employee), City Centre CampusMarch 23, 2013
This was a fairly informal job position. Essentially I had to directly work for a professor, recruit summer students for interviews, then conduct, record, and transcribe the interviews.
There were other students also working, but we rarely needed to interact, and when we did it was usually via email.
Hardest part was time management as I had a high – more... level of discretion with this job. Another difficult aspect was learning to transcribe interviews quickly, but it was a VERY good experience.
Most enjoyable personally was being able to work from home (when transcribing) and working with students in a face-to-face context. – less
Productive and Interesting position with an amazing boss.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 3, 2013
It is a wonderful place to work. There is a great life work balance.
Casual job Faculty of Health Department
administrtion - conference department (Former Employee), EdmontonAugust 28, 2012
Pros: meeting people
Wrking in the conference department, organizing and hosting 3 major conference held by the University.