Granite Claims Solutions is now seeking a Junior to Intermediate Adjuster to join the Edmonton branch for a one-year contract with the possibility of extending to permanent status.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A team environment committed to Employment Equity and leveraging diversity.
- 2 to 5 of experience in the field of claims adjusting or the insurance industry, including automobile and liability casualty experience.
- Must be currently working towards a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls from claimants.
- High ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Strong organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong negotiation and settlement skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good report-writing and letter-writing skills.
- Ability to work well in a team-focused environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigating, evaluating, and obtaining authority to negotiate settlements, as required.
- Proactively managing pending existing and new claim files, while adhering to client-specific instructions and reporting requirements.
- Communicating effectively with claimants and clients to facilitate prompt and fair claim settlements.
- Accurately evaluating financial exposures and preparing reserve recommendations for clients.
Selected candidate will be required to undergo a background check, the passing of which will determine final hiring decision.
Granite Claims Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity through all levels of the organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Since 1976, Granite Claims Solutions has provided claims handling, risk management and third party administration services to local,...