Granite Services International Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  Florida26 April 2017
The most enjoy part of the job was the people that i work with the diverse back rounds that some of these people had was very helpful when i first got stated in the wind field.
Merge
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur / Malaysia10 April 2017
Since the HQ announced that we are going to merge, most of us are decided to look for a job as we knew that we are using our luck to continue work in GE (Granite). This is because they will reduce the headcount if they found the job duplicated. Before announcement, the company's culture was good and every body is friendly. However the job always overload. you need to make sure A to Z process is smoothly complete.
Pros
You learn every thing or refresh every from the procurement process and new commodities
Cons
Management don't care what is your situation, just do it and give them what they want.
good company to work for if you dont have a immediate family
Wind technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL27 February 2017
good company to work for if you are single and unattached. working 6 week out of state with 1 week home is not good for family workers. pay and benefits are great but at a big sacrafice
Granite is the most focus in terms of safety quality and productivity. I have learned a lot for instrument and mechanical activities. Good protocol ma
Instrument / Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates11 February 2017
Granite is the most focus in terms of safety quality and productivity.
I have learned a lot for instrument and mechanical activities.
Good protocol management.
Have a nice work place and discipline to the crew workers.
Major inspection.
The zero accident meet the schedule and the machine are running good and no back job
Flexable with a decent paycheck
Traveling Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL29 January 2017
Granite is a very flexible company to work for but will ask for much of your time. Overtime is frequent and pay is better if you are a traveling tech.
Pros
Work is challenging, physically and mentally.
Cons
Environmental extremes will be faced. Hazardous environment if safety is not strictly heeded.
Buen ambiente laboral,buena comida y refrigerios
ayudante general (Former Employee) –  Mexicali, B.C.1 December 2016
Muy buen ambiente laboral y con los compañeros y jefes,lo malo es que eran contratos por temporada no mas
Pros
Seguro social y particular cuando era urgencia
Cons
Mucho riesgo en el trabajo pero todo con seguridad
Productive and tense work Enviroment
Turbine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston,Tx16 August 2016
A typical day at work consisted of disassembly and assembly of all project turbine engines if needed.

Working on gas turbines was a great educational experience due to all the hands on work I was able to learn a great deal of things from maintaining mixers, to changing oil, following correct manual directions and labeling various gas turbine parts.

I honestly believe management should have been better on checking the status of their employees.

Working with co-workers was a fun experience It was a chance to learn turbines easier.

The hardest part of the job was finding a secure position

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from the other experienced techs
Pros
free water bottles
Cons
small free water bottles
have a great time to meet other people at work.
welder/ mechanical technician (Former Employee) –  Middle East,Europe,Africa Asia18 July 2016
They give me opportunity to learned other duties before performed it well. I also have a great time to learned the culture of other people i worked with.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
nice working place with friendly environment
Oracle ERP Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 June 2016
working at Granite Services is a great experience, it has nice working environment with friendly management. i learned a lot from this job.
-Learn new productivity tool for skill upgrading .
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Kuching30 May 2016
-Every task can learns all type of Ge Gas Turbine and work with different country.
-Learn new thing and skill from another person for skill upgrading.
-The hard work ethic for each task.
-Bring good relationship with co-workers.
facil de adaptar a cualquier trabajo
mecanico (Current Employee) –  Lima, Lima18 May 2016
trabajo eficiente
al mantenimiento de turbinas vapor y a gas y compresores centrifugos y reciprocantes
buenos compañeros de trabajo
en acer todo lo que me dicen en el trabajo
me gusto las capacitaciones que recibí.
Pros
seguro
Cons
descanzo
Productive and fun in work place
Mechanical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana29 April 2016
Its really very nice with working granite. I have learnt so many thing things from there. People are moving friendly. management treating like a friend and intimate to go assignments.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long time hours
Fun company to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY25 April 2016
Advancement opportunities, fun company to work for. Very employee oriented. Good benefits. Education opportunities.
Had more learning and improved my skills as a buyer
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Manila, Philippines18 April 2016
Granite is a fair-employment company that is not only focusing on the achievement of the revenues generated but the company cares for the safety of its employees and considering it a top priority.
i like hard work i like granite management i like cowork
overhead crane operator (Former Employee) –  saudia kuwait muscat india7 April 2016
always i am happy on good permance i work in granite in saueia arabia kuwait muscat and india the most enjoyable part of the job
good
Cons
healthcare
Fun and productive workplace with a lot of team work.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bonifacio Global City, Taguig10 February 2016
A typical day at work is you get to do your work based on your own time management with minimal supervising.

I learned much about Integrity whilst working in Granite.

The management gives opportunities to work abroad or travel for those who excel at work.

The hardest part of the job is during peak season because you want everything to be finished before the actual deadline for a certain project. As well as the regional billing closing because you have to troubleshoot errors and assist several departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork and the "bonds" during and after work.
Pros
Free Rice, Free shuttle service
Cons
Promotion
Wonderful environment and people
IT Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL19 September 2015
In 2004 I was hired on with Granite (or once know as Pen Power) where I was quickly promoted to a Payroll Lead.
As a Payroll Lead, I reviewed trending patterns – statistics to ensure month, quarter and year-end financial data was at our targeted mark. By measuring this data, I was able to verify when high peaks of production were and when we (as a company) needed to higher more field employees or if we (as a company needed to cut back on our spending). I was responsible for the data statistics and deadlines of my team for reporting purposes.

In 2007 I transitioned onto the IT Implementation team as the payroll subject matter expert.
My job duties were to help streamline and standardize global processes, identifying business process gaps and correct them. With my Six Sigma training I analyze multiple organizations payroll data, measure the data, develop an improvement plan with the teams that help to simplify the current processes for paying time/expense better, faster and smarter. This allows my “run” teams to access larger pools of work in a shorter amount of time with fewer errors. The only way this is be done is by reviewing statistical values of processes that are already being done and sampling new techniques, testing and applying.

In my newer role as Quality Assurance, I aim to again, lead the charge and through mentorship and training develop test scripts database. This would be utilized for not only a future QA/testing team...but would also be utilized by the business for possible small/patch testing and regression tests. Master the means of properly
  more... measuring defects then passing along my knowledge to end-users. Develop and help maintain a strict QA policy that lines up with best practices and establish a foundational research library for regression testing (both automated and manual).

The point is...Granite has allowed me to grow as an individual in many different areas...and master these areas. I have been able to work and lead and grow for myself and for the company. Granite has been wonderful at shinning a light on new methods and allowing me to shine.
New challenges everyday
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Almaty13 September 2015
Big and strong company with a network of offices around the world. It accounted work closely with England, Italy, Turkey, Russia, Hungary, India and Philippine. Valuable experience formation of international groups. Strong polices of data protection and the life safety.
Pros
The opportunity to gain experience in an international corporation
Cons
During major inspection working in stress regime
Ótima experiência de trabalho
Administrativo (Former Employee) –  RN11 August 2015
A rotina diária variava de acordo com a necessidade da empresa e das demais contratadas. Prestação de serviços para todas as empresas do parque. Foi possível aprender a lidar com diversas coisas ao mesmo tempo e com as necessidades dos funcionários em geral. Adquirir mais responsabilidades e autonomia. Boas relações entre as empresas, respeito mútuo entre ambas as partes. Sempre obtive respeito e compreensão por parte da gerência. Tive que aprender a ouvir reclamações por coisas pelas quais eu não podia intervir . (Por exemplo, quando funcionários reclamavam de alguma exigência feita por parte da empresa). Mas em resumo, foi uma ótima oportunidade de trabalho e crescimento profissional.
Buena
SUPERVISOR DE SEGURIDAD E HIGIENE (Former Employee) –  DIVERSOS SITIOS EN DISTINTAS PLANTA EN EL PAIS17 July 2015
Tomar turno, recibir notificasiones del turno anterior,area por area. Realizar la charla de seguridad (5 min), calestenia, realizar inspeccion a gruas, montacargas, inspeccion de herramientas y epp, firmas de permisos de trabajos, realizar analissis de tarea segura (por actividad). Acondisionar areas de trabajo, acordonamiento e identificasion de puntos de riesgo, busqueda de puntos de tropiezo, que el personal cumpla con los procedimientos de trabajo, que aplique la seguridad en sus tareas,reportar anomalias, aplicar medidas preventivas de seguridad, archivar documentasion obtenida durante el turno, certificasiones del personal y equipos, realizar orden y limpieza en areas de trabajo, consentrasion del personal en las tareas, realizar observasiones, modificasiones y avanses para entrega de turno.
Pros
Imss
Cons
Sin dias de descanso