Granite Services International Employee Reviews

Granite is the most focus in terms of safety quality and productivity. I have learned a lot for instrument and mechanical activities. Good protocol ma
Instrument / Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates11 February 2017
Granite is the most focus in terms of safety quality and productivity.
I have learned a lot for instrument and mechanical activities.
Good protocol management.
Have a nice work place and discipline to the crew workers.
Major inspection.
The zero accident meet the schedule and the machine are running good and no back job
Productive and tense work Enviroment
Turbine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston,Tx16 August 2016
A typical day at work consisted of disassembly and assembly of all project turbine engines if needed.

Working on gas turbines was a great educational experience due to all the hands on work I was able to learn a great deal of things from maintaining mixers, to changing oil, following correct manual directions and labeling various gas turbine parts.

I honestly believe management should have been better on checking the status of their employees.

Working with co-workers was a fun experience It was a chance to learn turbines easier.

The hardest part of the job was finding a secure position

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from the other experienced techs
Pros
free water bottles
Cons
small free water bottles
Fun and productive workplace with a lot of team work.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bonifacio Global City, Taguig10 February 2016
A typical day at work is you get to do your work based on your own time management with minimal supervising.

I learned much about Integrity whilst working in Granite.

The management gives opportunities to work abroad or travel for those who excel at work.

The hardest part of the job is during peak season because you want everything to be finished before the actual deadline for a certain project. As well as the regional billing closing because you have to troubleshoot errors and assist several departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork and the "bonds" during and after work.
Pros
Free Rice, Free shuttle service
Cons
Promotion
Fun company to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NY25 April 2016
Advancement opportunities, fun company to work for. Very employee oriented. Good benefits. Education opportunities.
have a great time to meet other people at work.
welder/ mechanical technician (Former Employee) –  Middle East,Europe,Africa Asia18 July 2016
They give me opportunity to learned other duties before performed it well. I also have a great time to learned the culture of other people i worked with.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
nice working place with friendly environment
Oracle ERP Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 June 2016
working at Granite Services is a great experience, it has nice working environment with friendly management. i learned a lot from this job.
Great job, always on the road
Field Service Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX22 June 2016
I've had a lot of fun working for this company over the past year. I've met some really good people. I've been to a lot of places. I've been treated fairly and the company seems to always be heading in a positive direction and employees have a voice that is heard and valued. The biggest sacrifice to be made is family though. This job requires all of your time on the road.
Pros
Good company, great vision
Cons
On the road, all the time!
Productive and fun in work place
Mechanical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, Haryana29 April 2016
Its really very nice with working granite. I have learnt so many thing things from there. People are moving friendly. management treating like a friend and intimate to go assignments.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long time hours
A good place to start and terrible place to stay if your in wind power.
Wind Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL17 July 2013
The start of trouble began with their refusal to give raises even though I have asked for a raise and have been working for them for 4 years I have yet to get one to add injury to insult management has now decided that health insurance is to expensive for a company that has recorded millions in profit and have done away with it as well for the hourly wind employees. The service managers never respond to emails or phone calls except when they need something from you to illustrate my point I called one in May about an issue, I think he called me back in August and said he had been busy but wanted to know if I could do something for him and that is not an exaggeration. They do offer good training but they are terribly disfunctional company to work for. Granite is a great place to start a career in wind but it is horrible place to stay. My advice to anyone looking to work in Granite wind is to take the job get the training and get out as fast as you can.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Everything else
A mistake
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, Texas4 February 2014
This was a contracting position with ExxonMobil. At ExxonMobil, at least in the division I was assigned to (high Throughput is what they called themselves) if you are a contractor, you are treated as less than a person. This culture was terrible. Additionally, Granite Management was non-existent. There was a plethora of issues within the ExxonMobil folks that if human resources found out about, that entire division would be scrubbed clean. Additionally, that particular division, from the ExxonMobil side, had terrible management practices. I don't think anybody their had greater than vocational level of school. This is good if you want work to be performed; but the person directing the work needs to have skills at managing!
Pros
The money was decent
Cons
Poor resource management; worked with people that had low skill levels
Mechanical Assistant
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Texas14 December 2014
A typical day as a traveling mechanical assistant begins at 7am and ends at 7pm. Work is continuous but very worthwhile if you are looking to learn the business and progress to other positions within in the company or to another company. Sometimes management in the office response time is lagging if they respond at all. Co workers are very knowledgeable, some are more patient than others. the hardest part of the job is the tight spaces you have to climb in. the most enjoyable part of the job is when the job is finished.
Pros
great compensation. opportunity to learn and progress
Cons
short breaks. tight places to work
-Learn new productivity tool for skill upgrading .
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Kuching30 May 2016
-Every task can learns all type of Ge Gas Turbine and work with different country.
-Learn new thing and skill from another person for skill upgrading.
-The hard work ethic for each task.
-Bring good relationship with co-workers.
Had more learning and improved my skills as a buyer
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Manila, Philippines18 April 2016
Granite is a fair-employment company that is not only focusing on the achievement of the revenues generated but the company cares for the safety of its employees and considering it a top priority.
Great employer
Traveling Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL6 July 2015
Travel technician in power generation. Inspection and repair of components. Safe working environment. Employer is concerned with employee welfare
Pros
Compensation, Safety, Advancement and Training
Cons
Travel
i like hard work i like granite management i like cowork
overhead crane operator (Former Employee) –  saudia kuwait muscat india7 April 2016
always i am happy on good permance i work in granite in saueia arabia kuwait muscat and india the most enjoyable part of the job
good
Cons
healthcare
Great for establishing a name in the industry
Commissioning (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL9 June 2014
Work is here and there. Management are basically figure heads as GE tells them everything they need to do. They do hire "off the street" so you get people like BW. Advancement is reserved for the good ol' boys. Pay is near the top of the industry. You will work 60 hours and put in 15 hours a week in unpaid drive time.
Granite is an excellent company to work for and I have enjoyed it and knowing the people who make it such a great company.
Prod.Safety&Life Cycle Reliability Eng.(PS & LCRE) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC1 September 2012
Granite is an excellent company for anyone to work for. I am only seeking new employment now due to a PSA contract change in which Granite will no longer participate. With a seniority of almost 18 years, I can not say a disparaging word against anyone I have had the pleasure of meeting while employed by Granite on either a professional or personal level.
Pros
great company, flexibility, pay, benefits, good people
Cons
contract work
Productive and fun place to work
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC23 October 2013
Granite is a great place to work. Management and employees work as a team to ensure all shipments are met in a timely manner. They offer great benefits and my work experience their was all positive.
Benefits
Cons
no cons
Good benefits
Financial Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady New York12 May 2014
Primarly supporting General Electric. Typical office job consist of sitting in an office 9 hours a day.
benefits
Cons
no advancement oppurtunites
no security
CRD exchange Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NC12 May 2014
got fired based on bad reviews given by managers i had never worked with.
i got a low review during a training week despite being the only person to ace the written and passing the practical with a hung over partner. their reason; i didnt look like i was paying attention...

that about sums up my experience with them, no sense but if they like you then you will go places.
Pros
decent pay, they support you on the road and will repay nearly any expense
Cons
no telling what they think of you till you get promoted or fired