Granite Services International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun company to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2016
Advancement opportunities, fun company to work for. Very employee oriented. Good benefits. Education opportunities.
i like hard work i like granite management i like cowork
overhead crane operator (Former Employee), saudia kuwait muscat indiaApril 7, 2016
Pros: good
Cons: healthcare
always i am happy on good permance i work in granite in saueia arabia kuwait muscat and india the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun and productive workplace with a lot of team work.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Bonifacio Global City, TaguigFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Free Rice, Free shuttle service
Cons: Promotion
A typical day at work is you get to do your work based on your own time management with minimal supervising.

I learned much about Integrity whilst working in Granite.

The management gives opportunities to work abroad or travel for those who excel at work.

The hardest part of the job is during peak season because you want everything to be finished before the actual deadline for a certain project. As well as the regional billing closing because you have to troubleshoot errors and assist several departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork and the "bonds" during and after work.
Wonderful environment and people
IT Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2015
In 2004 I was hired on with Granite (or once know as Pen Power) where I was quickly promoted to a Payroll Lead.
As a Payroll Lead, I reviewed trending patterns – statistics to ensure month, quarter and year-end financial data was at our targeted mark. By measuring this data, I was able to verify when high peaks of production were and when we (as a company) needed to higher more field employees or if we (as a company needed to cut back on our spending). I was responsible for the data statistics and deadlines of my team for reporting purposes.

In 2007 I transitioned onto the IT Implementation team as the payroll subject matter expert.
My job duties were to help streamline and standardize global processes, identifying business process gaps and correct them. With my Six Sigma training I analyze multiple organizations payroll data, measure the data, develop an improvement plan with the teams that help to simplify the current processes for paying time/expense better, faster and smarter. This allows my “run” teams to access larger pools of work in a shorter amount of time with fewer errors. The only way this is be done is by reviewing statistical values of processes that are already being done and sampling new techniques, testing and applying.

In my newer role as Quality Assurance, I aim to again, lead the charge and through mentorship and training develop test scripts database. This would be utilized for not only a future QA/testing team...but would also be utilized by the business for possible small/patch testing and regression tests. Master the means of properly – more... measuring defects then passing along my knowledge to end-users. Develop and help maintain a strict QA policy that lines up with best practices and establish a foundational research library for regression testing (both automated and manual).

The point is...Granite has allowed me to grow as an individual in many different areas...and master these areas. I have been able to work and lead and grow for myself and for the company. Granite has been wonderful at shinning a light on new methods and allowing me to shine. – less
New challenges everyday
HR Generalist (Former Employee), AlmatySeptember 13, 2015
Pros: The opportunity to gain experience in an international corporation
Cons: During major inspection working in stress regime
Big and strong company with a network of offices around the world. It accounted work closely with England, Italy, Turkey, Russia, Hungary, India and Philippine. Valuable experience formation of international groups. Strong polices of data protection and the life safety.
Great employer
Traveling Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Compensation, Safety, Advancement and Training
Cons: Travel
Travel technician in power generation. Inspection and repair of components. Safe working environment. Employer is concerned with employee welfare
Great pay
Wind Turbine Technician and Installation Manger (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: home life
Great pay. No home life. No room for advancement. Constant travel. No set off time. Laid off every year but always called back.
Mechanical Assistant
Millwright (Current Employee), TexasDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great compensation. opportunity to learn and progress
Cons: short breaks. tight places to work
A typical day as a traveling mechanical assistant begins at 7am and ends at 7pm. Work is continuous but very worthwhile if you are looking to learn the business and progress to other positions within in the company or to another company. Sometimes management in the office response time is lagging if they respond at all. Co workers are very knowledgeable, some are more patient than others. the hardest part of the job is the tight spaces you have to climb in. the most enjoyable part of the job is when the job is finished.
All work and no gain
Routing analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: quiet work environment, decent pay, good benefits
Cons: little benefit to working hard, no advancement opportunities
First, please understand this, Granite is wholly owned by GE, so direction comes from GE, not Granite. Period. Majority of employees are field service folks, but I worked for a much smaller logistical division based in Greenville, SC. We routed for GE Power and Water, so there are multiple GE owned divisions that you may work for - some harder and more demanding than others. Work environment was very quiet, rows of cubes and people typing away. Roughly 60 employees with about 6 team leads, all guided by two very inept Granite managers, who were rarely seen and definitely concentrated on keeping the GE employees pleased contractually - much more so than keeping their own Granite employees happy. Multiple GE professionals on site, and the majority were great to work with. Pay was fair I felt. Wasn't bad at all, but I was absolutely floored by the folks they would hire off the street who were very inexperienced and often lazy. Shocked that the folks who worked extremely hard were only piled upon and discouraged from taking their deserved leave and vacation because "we need you to work" while others went day after day on Facebook, texting and playing fantasy football. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having fun but if you want to get ahead and believe that you'll be promoted by working hard, don't look here. Remember, there's roughly 60 of you shooting for the same 5 or 6 spots as a team lead that never come open. That's as high as you are gonna go. Trust me. If you are content with just a job with good insurance and pretty good pay, working 8-5 and having weekends off, then this – more... is the place. If you, however, want to better yourself, looking for advancement opportunities, to be mentored and trained, then look elsewhere or put in your time and fight for a GE job when you get experience. Over time, you will discover like I did that you are definitely looked down upon as a contractor and by the management that took over approximately a year ago. They will never have your back. Sorry to sound so negative, but it's just that bad of a place. Good place to learn logistics as a beginner, but not a place to stay long-term. – less
Nice Company
Global EHS Project Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2014
Nice company to work for. Learned alot. Great working environment. promotes healthy lifestyle.
Productive place to work.
Executive Assistant/Office Administrator (Current Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 17, 2014
Very flexible working hours. The entire culture is way different. What I learned most is to become positive no matter how hard the working environment is.
Fast pace
Installation and Commissioning/Field Service Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: stability of a contractor
Gained vast knowledge of power plant operation and construction in a fast pace dead line driven environment. Manage day to day operations including EHS compliance report writing drawing review. Collaboration between engineers, client, contractors and suppliers. This job required 98% travel for long periods of time away from home. Satisfaction was to see the completion of the power plant and the operation success.
challenging
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Sweetwater, TXSeptember 9, 2014
They have good benefits and pay well. Contracting company.
Worked as a contract worker in the Power &Water technologies
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Linden, NJJuly 17, 2014
Pros: provided training
Cons: if there was a job excellent
Provided temporary employment health benefits, training on GE Mpak 40/80 adequate daily expenses
Great for establishing a name in the industry
Commissioning (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 9, 2014
Work is here and there. Management are basically figure heads as GE tells them everything they need to do. They do hire "off the street" so you get people like BW. Advancement is reserved for the good ol' boys. Pay is near the top of the industry. You will work 60 hours and put in 15 hours a week in unpaid drive time.
Turbine work is an energy consume but if you know your way i.e you are professional on the field is as easy as ABC.
Turbine Mechanic (Current Employee), NLNG, Qatar Gas and Petroleum and in Ghana VRAJune 7, 2014
Pros: while on site company take care of the accommodation, laundry and feeding
Cons: on site, there's short and long break, there's free health service both on field and at home
Every day at work, we assume that the task of the day was never done before and we start it with tools box talk in other to discuss the day activities and also going through the JHA (Job hazard analysis) or JSA (Job safety analysis) and complete it with safety talk.
I learn a lot during these processes because it gave me foresight of what am about to encounter in the field for each particular day.
The management of the company do their utmost for each and every member of the staff in other for us to be equip in our dealings. they organize training both the Turbine and EHS training in Nigeria and abroad.
I was fortunate to have people that are committed and dedicated to the job they are doing, my co-workers are well motivated and each of us respect everybody's feeling.
The hardest part of the job is when am working in the combustion chamber, because that is the HEART of the Turbine, is a very sensitive part that we can not toil with because any problem their might leads to temperature spread or cold spot and these can trip the Turbine.
The most enjoyable part to me is when am using precision tools like Micrometer, Caliper, Sliding parallel, Snap gauge, protractors and feeler gauge to take measurement.
Good compensation and benefits.
Level II Reactor Services Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2014
This is a travel only job. After five years with this company, I'm ready to get off the road.
no security
CRD exchange Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 12, 2014
Pros: decent pay, they support you on the road and will repay nearly any expense
Cons: no telling what they think of you till you get promoted or fired
got fired based on bad reviews given by managers i had never worked with.
i got a low review during a training week despite being the only person to ace the written and passing the practical with a hung over partner. their reason; i didnt look like i was paying attention...

that about sums up my experience with them, no sense but if they like you then you will go places.
Good benefits
Financial Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Schenectady New YorkMay 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no advancement oppurtunites
Primarly supporting General Electric. Typical office job consist of sitting in an office 9 hours a day.
This position required a special talent of coordinating with organized labor.
Safety Manager (Former Employee), VariousFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: development of training programs.
My position was one that involved the management of safety oversight personnel. Most of the tasks included heavy lifts and precision measuring of equipment.