Granite Services International Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Process Repair order specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA16 January 2018
It was a no stress work day. I learnt the importance for meeting a deadline and pleasing your customers. Workplace culture was interesting. I couldn't find anything hard about my job. Most enjoyable part was no stress.
Good traveling job
Gas Turbine Mechanic Level 1 (Former Employee) –  100% Travel5 January 2018
Work is done in power plant/refinery settings. 100% travel to whatever region of the US you are assigned to. I was assigned to the Gulf Coast region working in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. The work was never too strenuous but the elements given the time of year are what can really get to you if you're not dressed properly. Job was basically to be a glorified parts changer on million dollar equipment. Pay was great, per diem was $100 per day for me, and the benefits package was pretty good. I'd still be with the company if I didn't miss family too much to be on the road for a month at a time.
in a nutshell
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL20 December 2017
this was a great company to work for but the nature of the business was you had to go to where the work was so that kind of stunk so i ended up working lots of hours
Pros
great people wonderful pay
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY7 December 2017
Just like any other field service company there is lots of overtime and travel involved. Large company so the benefits increasingly got poorer. Room for advancement is limited.
Good company culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Manila Philippines20 November 2017
Good management Team

Good overall benefits, to include 401 K

Training program for staff members

Ethical leadership at the top

A global company with chance to work in different locations

Very Strong emphasis on Safety
Pros
Personal Development
Cons
Works hours during peak seasons
Engineering contractor for Oil & Gas Industry
Product Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minden, NV25 September 2017
Contracted Coordinator for data input through Tech Support department. Most GSI contracts are for rural and distant industy locations, working with Oil, Gas, Electric and Hydroelectric power supply and power generation sites.
accomplishment and hard work better result
Commissioning Engineer/Receiving/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Texas18 September 2017
Good day at work
Same old things I being doing for the past 5 yrs
Lead tech
weather condition, hot and cold
meeting different people with different culture and back ground/race
Fast paced workplace
Warranty Technician (Former Employee) –  Breckenridge, MI12 August 2017
Began with Granite Services International GSI as a wind technician with future potential to hire on with GE. Gained experience while working with Granite.
Pros
Granite is a stepping stone for GE since they are a sister company
Cons
Low wage and payscale freezes once schooling is completed.
84 hour weeks pay good, but at a cost
Field Service Technician- Distributed Power (Current Employee) –  Everywhere3 August 2017
I enjoyed the work, but it took too much of a toll on family life. I spent 300 days/yr working 84 hrs/week. No personal life, no family life, but the ability to make plenty of money and travel. Great for single life, terrible for family life.
Pros
Money
Cons
everything else
great place to work
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  USA26 July 2017
Granite services is a great place to work. They are owned by General Electric. They have great benefits and great pay. Granite will also give you a foot in the door with GE.
Pros
great perdiem
Cons
%100 Travel
good place to work
Director I&C (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC28 June 2017
Very demanding and fast pace environment but the people are very friendly and are always willing to help each other be successful. They have a global footprint in the energy market so if you want to work for an international company then they would be a good one to explore.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  Florida26 April 2017
The most enjoy part of the job was the people that i work with the diverse back rounds that some of these people had was very helpful when i first got stated in the wind field.
Merge
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur / Malaysia10 April 2017
Since the HQ announced that we are going to merge, most of us are decided to look for a job as we knew that we are using our luck to continue work in GE (Granite). This is because they will reduce the headcount if they found the job duplicated. Before announcement, the company's culture was good and every body is friendly. However the job always overload. you need to make sure A to Z process is smoothly complete.
Pros
You learn every thing or refresh every from the procurement process and new commodities
Cons
Management don't care what is your situation, just do it and give them what they want.
good company to work for if you dont have a immediate family
Wind technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL27 February 2017
good company to work for if you are single and unattached. working 6 week out of state with 1 week home is not good for family workers. pay and benefits are great but at a big sacrafice
Granite is the most focus in terms of safety quality and productivity. I have learned a lot for instrument and mechanical activities. Good protocol ma
Instrument / Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates11 February 2017
Granite is the most focus in terms of safety quality and productivity.
I have learned a lot for instrument and mechanical activities.
Good protocol management.
Have a nice work place and discipline to the crew workers.
Major inspection.
The zero accident meet the schedule and the machine are running good and no back job
Flexable with a decent paycheck
Traveling Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL29 January 2017
Granite is a very flexible company to work for but will ask for much of your time. Overtime is frequent and pay is better if you are a traveling tech.
Pros
Work is challenging, physically and mentally.
Cons
Environmental extremes will be faced. Hazardous environment if safety is not strictly heeded.
Buen ambiente laboral,buena comida y refrigerios
ayudante general (Former Employee) –  Mexicali, B.C.1 December 2016
Muy buen ambiente laboral y con los compañeros y jefes,lo malo es que eran contratos por temporada no mas
Pros
Seguro social y particular cuando era urgencia
Cons
Mucho riesgo en el trabajo pero todo con seguridad
Productive and tense work Enviroment
Turbine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston,Tx16 August 2016
A typical day at work consisted of disassembly and assembly of all project turbine engines if needed.

Working on gas turbines was a great educational experience due to all the hands on work I was able to learn a great deal of things from maintaining mixers, to changing oil, following correct manual directions and labeling various gas turbine parts.

I honestly believe management should have been better on checking the status of their employees.

Working with co-workers was a fun experience It was a chance to learn turbines easier.

The hardest part of the job was finding a secure position

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning from the other experienced techs
Pros
free water bottles
Cons
small free water bottles
have a great time to meet other people at work.
welder/ mechanical technician (Former Employee) –  Middle East,Europe,Africa Asia18 July 2016
They give me opportunity to learned other duties before performed it well. I also have a great time to learned the culture of other people i worked with.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
nice working place with friendly environment
Oracle ERP Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 June 2016
working at Granite Services is a great experience, it has nice working environment with friendly management. i learned a lot from this job.