Granite Services International Employee Reviews

have a great time to meet other people at work.
welder/ mechanical technician (Former Employee) –  Middle East,Europe,Africa AsiaJuly 18, 2016
They give me opportunity to learned other duties before performed it well. I also have a great time to learned the culture of other people i worked with.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
nice working place with friendly environment
Oracle ERP Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
working at Granite Services is a great experience, it has nice working environment with friendly management. i learned a lot from this job.
-Learn new productivity tool for skill upgrading .
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  KuchingMay 30, 2016
-Every task can learns all type of Ge Gas Turbine and work with different country.
-Learn new thing and skill from another person for skill upgrading.
-The hard work ethic for each task.
-Bring good relationship with co-workers.
Productive and fun in work place
Mechanical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaApril 29, 2016
Its really very nice with working granite. I have learnt so many thing things from there. People are moving friendly. management treating like a friend and intimate to go assignments.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long time hours
Fun company to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
Advancement opportunities, fun company to work for. Very employee oriented. Good benefits. Education opportunities.
Had more learning and improved my skills as a buyer
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesApril 18, 2016
Granite is a fair-employment company that is not only focusing on the achievement of the revenues generated but the company cares for the safety of its employees and considering it a top priority.
i like hard work i like granite management i like cowork
overhead crane operator (Former Employee) –  saudia kuwait muscat indiaApril 7, 2016
always i am happy on good permance i work in granite in saueia arabia kuwait muscat and india the most enjoyable part of the job
good
Cons
healthcare
Fun and productive workplace with a lot of team work.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bonifacio Global City, TaguigFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at work is you get to do your work based on your own time management with minimal supervising.

I learned much about Integrity whilst working in Granite.

The management gives opportunities to work abroad or travel for those who excel at work.

The hardest part of the job is during peak season because you want everything to be finished before the actual deadline for a certain project. As well as the regional billing closing because you have to troubleshoot errors and assist several departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork and the "bonds" during and after work.
Pros
Free Rice, Free shuttle service
Cons
Promotion
Wonderful environment and people
IT Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2015
In 2004 I was hired on with Granite (or once know as Pen Power) where I was quickly promoted to a Payroll Lead.
As a Payroll Lead, I reviewed trending patterns – statistics to ensure month, quarter and year-end financial data was at our targeted mark. By measuring this data, I was able to verify when high peaks of production were and when we (as a company) needed to higher more field employees or if we (as a company needed to cut back on our spending). I was responsible for the data statistics and deadlines of my team for reporting purposes.

In 2007 I transitioned onto the IT Implementation team as the payroll subject matter expert.
My job duties were to help streamline and standardize global processes, identifying business process gaps and correct them. With my Six Sigma training I analyze multiple organizations payroll data, measure the data, develop an improvement plan with the teams that help to simplify the current processes for paying time/expense better, faster and smarter. This allows my “run” teams to access larger pools of work in a shorter amount of time with fewer errors. The only way this is be done is by reviewing statistical values of processes that are already being done and sampling new techniques, testing and applying.

In my newer role as Quality Assurance, I aim to again, lead the charge and through mentorship and training develop test scripts database. This would be utilized for not only a future QA/testing team...but would also be utilized by the business for possible small/patch testing and regression tests. Master the means of properly
  more... measuring defects then passing along my knowledge to end-users. Develop and help maintain a strict QA policy that lines up with best practices and establish a foundational research library for regression testing (both automated and manual).

The point is...Granite has allowed me to grow as an individual in many different areas...and master these areas. I have been able to work and lead and grow for myself and for the company. Granite has been wonderful at shinning a light on new methods and allowing me to shine.
New challenges everyday
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  AlmatySeptember 13, 2015
Big and strong company with a network of offices around the world. It accounted work closely with England, Italy, Turkey, Russia, Hungary, India and Philippine. Valuable experience formation of international groups. Strong polices of data protection and the life safety.
Pros
The opportunity to gain experience in an international corporation
Cons
During major inspection working in stress regime
Great employer
Traveling Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2015
Travel technician in power generation. Inspection and repair of components. Safe working environment. Employer is concerned with employee welfare
Pros
Compensation, Safety, Advancement and Training
Cons
Travel
Great pay
Wind Turbine Technician and Installation Manger (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2015
Great pay. No home life. No room for advancement. Constant travel. No set off time. Laid off every year but always called back.
Pros
pay
Cons
home life
Mechanical Assistant
Millwright (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 14, 2014
A typical day as a traveling mechanical assistant begins at 7am and ends at 7pm. Work is continuous but very worthwhile if you are looking to learn the business and progress to other positions within in the company or to another company. Sometimes management in the office response time is lagging if they respond at all. Co workers are very knowledgeable, some are more patient than others. the hardest part of the job is the tight spaces you have to climb in. the most enjoyable part of the job is when the job is finished.
Pros
great compensation. opportunity to learn and progress
Cons
short breaks. tight places to work
All work and no gain
Routing analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 27, 2014
First, please understand this, Granite is wholly owned by GE, so direction comes from GE, not Granite. Period. Majority of employees are field service folks, but I worked for a much smaller logistical division based in Greenville, SC. We routed for GE Power and Water, so there are multiple GE owned divisions that you may work for - some harder and more demanding than others. Work environment was very quiet, rows of cubes and people typing away. Roughly 60 employees with about 6 team leads, all guided by two very inept Granite managers, who were rarely seen and definitely concentrated on keeping the GE employees pleased contractually - much more so than keeping their own Granite employees happy. Multiple GE professionals on site, and the majority were great to work with. Pay was fair I felt. Wasn't bad at all, but I was absolutely floored by the folks they would hire off the street who were very inexperienced and often lazy. Shocked that the folks who worked extremely hard were only piled upon and discouraged from taking their deserved leave and vacation because "we need you to work" while others went day after day on Facebook, texting and playing fantasy football. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having fun but if you want to get ahead and believe that you'll be promoted by working hard, don't look here. Remember, there's roughly 60 of you shooting for the same 5 or 6 spots as a team lead that never come open. That's as high as you are gonna go. Trust me. If you are content with just a job with good insurance and pretty good pay, working 8-5 and having weekends off, then this  more... is the place. If you, however, want to better yourself, looking for advancement opportunities, to be mentored and trained, then look elsewhere or put in your time and fight for a GE job when you get experience. Over time, you will discover like I did that you are definitely looked down upon as a contractor and by the management that took over approximately a year ago. They will never have your back. Sorry to sound so negative, but it's just that bad of a place. Good place to learn logistics as a beginner, but not a place to stay long-term.  less
Pros
quiet work environment, decent pay, good benefits
Cons
little benefit to working hard, no advancement opportunities
Nice Company
Global EHS Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 20, 2014
Nice company to work for. Learned alot. Great working environment. promotes healthy lifestyle.
Productive place to work.
Executive Assistant/Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUSeptember 17, 2014
Very flexible working hours. The entire culture is way different. What I learned most is to become positive no matter how hard the working environment is.
Fast pace
Installation and Commissioning/Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Gained vast knowledge of power plant operation and construction in a fast pace dead line driven environment. Manage day to day operations including EHS compliance report writing drawing review. Collaboration between engineers, client, contractors and suppliers. This job required 98% travel for long periods of time away from home. Satisfaction was to see the completion of the power plant and the operation success.
benefits
Cons
stability of a contractor
challenging
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXSeptember 9, 2014
They have good benefits and pay well. Contracting company.
Worked as a contract worker in the Power &Water technologies
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJuly 17, 2014
Provided temporary employment health benefits, training on GE Mpak 40/80 adequate daily expenses
Pros
provided training
Cons
if there was a job excellent
Great for establishing a name in the industry
Commissioning (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2014
Work is here and there. Management are basically figure heads as GE tells them everything they need to do. They do hire "off the street" so you get people like BW. Advancement is reserved for the good ol' boys. Pay is near the top of the industry. You will work 60 hours and put in 15 hours a week in unpaid drive time.