Granite Services International

Granite Services International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Salaried Position
Safety Manager (Former Employee), USAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: craft supervision not buying into a safety culture
Granite Services is a subsidary of General Electric Corporation. Granite is the non-union side of GE. The hardest part of this job was getting the craft mangement to understand that safety should be the most important tool the craft uses.
A mistake
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Baytown, TexasFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: the money was decent
Cons: poor resource management; worked with people that had low skill levels
This was a contracting position with ExxonMobil. At ExxonMobil, at least in the division I was assigned to (high Throughput is what they called themselves) if you are a contractor, you are treated as less than a person. This culture was terrible. Additionally, Granite Management was non-existent. There was a plethora of issues within the ExxonMobil – more... folks that if human resources found out about, that entire division would be scrubbed clean. Additionally, that particular division, from the ExxonMobil side, had terrible management practices. I don't think anybody their had greater than vocational level of school. This is good if you want work to be performed; but the person directing the work needs to have skills at managing! – less
Excellent for learning opperation of wind turbine
Wind Electrical Field Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Responsible for the repair, maintenance, retro fit and troubleshooting of 1.5 GE. WTG’s (Wind Turbine Generators). Duties includes troubleshooting various systems in the WTG such as: The pitch systems (SSB and Salem pitch). Electrical Systems ( 575v, 400v, 240v, 24v). Battery charging systems and safety chain.
Also mechanical system, includes brakes – more... and yaw drives, removal, replacement, and reparation of all electrical and mechanical systems. Able to commission and shutdown towers. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no cons
Granite is a great place to work. Management and employees work as a team to ensure all shipments are met in a timely manner. They offer great benefits and my work experience their was all positive.
Experienced and competent company.
Rigger (Former Employee), Perth, WAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: good accommodation- motels/camps
A good company to work for , good supervision and work mates. I learned about turbines and their infrastructure during dis-assembley and re-assembley.
great place to work
Client Support Manager (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: cannot think of any
I was with granite for 10 years and I was very happy there. I would still be there had there not been layoffs. Benefits were fantastic and the work environment was great, very clean well kept offices.
it a job
Wind Turbine/ gas and steam technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2013
what can i say it a job. you do what you got to do to pay the bills at the end of the week.
A good place to start and terrible place to stay if your in wind power.
Wind Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: everything else
The start of trouble began with their refusal to give raises even though I have asked for a raise and have been working for them for 4 years I have yet to get one to add injury to insult management has now decided that health insurance is to expensive for a company that has recorded millions in profit and have done away with it as well for the hourly – more... wind employees. The service managers never respond to emails or phone calls except when they need something from you to illustrate my point I called one in May about an issue, I think he called me back in August and said he had been busy but wanted to know if I could do something for him and that is not an exaggeration. They do offer good training but they are terribly disfunctional company to work for. Granite is a great place to start a career in wind but it is horrible place to stay. My advice to anyone looking to work in Granite wind is to take the job get the training and get out as fast as you can. – less
Good to work for no problems at all
Field Service Controls Engineer (Current Employee), West Africa LuandaJune 25, 2013
Working for Granite is 28/28 in West Afica working for GE Oil & Gas been learning new things which is good. They have a good bunch of men working for them.
A good place to work
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), United StatesMarch 19, 2013
While I have only worked here less than two years, I have found it to be a fun job that I really enjoy. The travel is nice, and they really try to take care of you. The job itself is rewarding since I enjoy working with my hands striving towards a finished product.
typical manpower company
Nuclear Reactor Service Technician Level 2 (Current Employee), wilmington NCFebruary 22, 2013
Work is good, travel is to long. Granite is a good company to work with. They supply manpower for General Electric Nuclear
Very nice place to work
Field Services Technician/Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: traveling to other countries, learning about the lastest high tech equipment.
Cons: being three months away for your family.
12 hours shift on oil rig out to sea. Very high tech environment there is alot to learn. Very knowledgeble about the business and co-workers are hard worker as well. To learning all there is to learn about the job. The ability to travel.
Granite is an excellent company to work for and I have enjoyed it and knowing the people who make it such a great company.
Prod.Safety&Life Cycle Reliability Eng.(PS & LCRE) (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: great company, flexibility, pay, benefits, good people
Cons: contract work
Granite is an excellent company for anyone to work for. I am only seeking new employment now due to a PSA contract change in which Granite will no longer participate. With a seniority of almost 18 years, I can not say a disparaging word against anyone I have had the pleasure of meeting while employed by Granite on either a professional or personal level.
Production employee does not have job security
Flexible fuel operator (Former Employee), Wilmington, ncMay 4, 2012
Worked off and on for over 5 years. Was promised that I would be hired by contract employer. Never happened. Also, my pay went down. No benefits.
Nice Corporate environment
Data Analyst - GE Energy Services (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 19, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not near marta
This company offers a nice corporate environment and good benefits.
The atmosphere is friendly yet productive.
Excellent company with great benefits and a stable career
Senior level III traveling technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 12, 2012
This company will take very good care of you and offer you a stable position along with great pay and opportunities to follow if you work for it.
Great place to work if you like to travel
Wind Technician (Former Employee), All over the USJanuary 6, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: travel constantly
Granite Services is a great company to work for. They pay you well. All you have to do is try your best and you'll work out.
MALA ADMINISTRACION POR EL PERSONAL DE AREA
SUPERVISOR MECANICO (Current Employee), EN DIFERENTES SITIOS DE TRABAJODecember 14, 2012
Pros: seguro de gastos médicos mayores vales de despensa
Cons: tenemos mas tres anos que no suben salario
ES UNA EMPRESA INTERNACIONAL MUY APEGADA ALOS PROCEDIMIENTOS Y REGLAS DE SEGURIDAD SOLO QUE EL PERSONAL QUE LABORA YA EN AREA NO TIENE IDEA DE LOS CONCEPTOS QUE TIENE QUE TENER EL PERSONAL DE CAMPO COMO POR EJEMPLO LA SENCILLES Y HUMILDAD CON LOS TRABAJADORES